Topic: Can you make 50 identical cookies?

Well, . . . can you make 50 identical cookies?

(Hint: Plato gave this question to Sophie)

Re: Can you make 50 identical cookies?

No, you cant make 50 identical cookies, wouldnt an identical cookie of another have to be made of of the same stuff, and no stuff can be in the same place at two, nevermind 50 different places at the same time.

No, making 50 identical cookies is merely impossible. Sure one can imitate 50 cookies that may appear to the human eye as identicals, but is a one of these cookies exactly to a tee alike to another?
Sure, it is possible to structure a cookie using a mold, or form, and using that same mold to make another. However the outcome differs in each of the 50 trials. Although stuff may seem as one thing to the mind, they are factually something else, as fully unaware of aware we may be.

Making cookies is kind of like an art. And art is an immitation of the mind, which is an immitation of reality. After seeing a cookie that you want to make, its merely impossible it to turn out how you want it. So to make two cookies exactly the same would only be by accident. If you saw a cookie you already made and tried to make another one or 49 exactly the same way, it just wouldn't happen. By the time the image is immitated twice, the cookie can't be exactly the same... unless it's by accident. And imagine trying to make 50 identical cookies by accident... impossible.

Hmmm...well, if you had an identical cookie maker, all would be made well, although there would still be the part about getting the same ammount of stuff in each cookie. That would be quite fiddly...

Maybe If we kidnapped 50 bakers and made them bake for 75 years we could get a least a couple completly identical cookies. That would be a lot of cookies, surely if we had billions of cookies at least two would be identical. Of course to get 50 bakers to bake cookies every waking moment for 75 years would be difficult what with union wages and periodic escape attempts, and the like.

The real question is... how would we know? We would have to destroy the "same" cookie to see if it was the same or not.

wmcauley wrote:

The real question is... how would we know? We would have to destroy the "same" cookie to see if it was the same or not.

Why would we have to destroy it?

That could would if we had that many bakers that never had to sleep for eat or have breaks.  That is like the theory that if you keep trying to run into a wall for an eternity, one time you will run through it.

Dykstra wrote:
wmcauley wrote:

Why would we have to destroy it?

How are we supposed to see the inside bits when the outside bits are showing...
well we could use what we call a "laser beam"

I don't know anybody that can actually make fifty identical cookies, and I am not even sure if it can even  be done. I think that it is something that we can challenge. We can see how closely each cookie resembles one another, and how they different. It will be a good learning experience!

You cannot make 50 identical cookies because you are never going to be able to make the same cookie batter, and have the same temperature to bake the cookies. You can't have someone who is exactly like you so how can you have a cookie that is exactly like another cookie. But what about clones? Can you clone a cookie?

I'm sure it would be possible to make 50 cookies that look fairly similar but nothing completely identical. Even if you manage to make 50 cookies that are identical to eachother they will not be indentical to the "ideal" cookie.

Well we would have cookies galore if we each brought 50 cookies so how many should we each bring?

Yay! cookie making time! What day are we doing this? How about...not a monday...next Wednesday?

Are we going by one recipe or just whatever you want to bring in?

why not Friday? T. G. I. F.

We can not make 50 identical cookies it just doesnt work, Even using the exact same cookie cutter it still doesnt work because the outside would still be different and the chocolate chips wouldnt be in the right places after being cooked. We can try make the cookies to figure out why it is impossible,  but that would mean work from everyone to see if  any of the cookies are the same.

It can't be this Friday, 'cause the b-ball girls will miss it...That would be not good.

Someone needs to find one recipe and send it to everyone.... dibs out

It would be impossible to make 50 identical cookies, because nothing is ever identical.  There is nothing in this world that is identical, Making it impossible to make 50 identical cookies.

Next Friday!

Why not Wednesday? Doesn't anyone have a cookbook? Why should someone find a recipe for you if you ca find it yourself?

I don't want to find it myself. We should all have the same recipe so we can have a better chance of making identical cookies

ya dibs out. plus someone would die if i was to make the recipe cause i have no idea how to make cookies anywho.