s'on my blog if you want it.

Re: Can you make 50 identical cookies?

double darn chocolate chip!

Never heard of 'darn' chocolate before...*shrugs*

I vote we all make our own and see if we get the same recipie

sweet, I'm cool with that. *thinks* totally making banana chocolate chip.....

If one person finds a recipe and shares it then we'd have a better chance of making cookies identical instead of 20 different recipes.

Do we all need to use the same recipe?  Or are we each trying to make our own 50 identical cookies?

Once more for everyone else: There is a recipe on my Blog. Do we need that in capital letters?

This way, follow the arrows drawn in blood, and you'll find it...

http://iblog.stjschool.org/kesela

A cookie can merely only have a similar shape as another. If a mold is used, this can be achieved. The same ingredients are used to make the cookie, but the are not placed in the same position as another cookie(a chocolate chip cookie will have more chocolate chips than another). Kesela, no but you can print it out and give out a copy to each one of us.

everyone loves bananas...

63 (edited by wmcauley 2007-03-14 15:27:18)

I'm allergic,
that's a lie

64 (edited by ldutchak 2007-03-14 17:38:29)

Friday is always a wonderful day to have an event such as a cookie day.

farkashingston wrote:

MacBeth! What the heck is going on? There were no cookies in the Midevil times.

Well wiki here:

wikipedia wrote:

7th Century A.D. - The earliest cookie-style cakes are thought to date back to 7th century Persia A.D. (now Iran), one of the first countries to cultivate sugar (luxurious cakes and pastries in large and small versions were well known in the Persian empire). According to historians, sugar originated either in the lowlands of Bengal or elsewhere in Southeast Asia. Sugar spread to Persia and then to the Eastern Mediterranean. With the Muslim invasion of Spain, then the Crusades and the developing spice trade, the cooking techniques and ingredients of Arabia spread into Northern Europe.

BTW: How did Plato know about cookies in Athens?

adamhockey2 wrote:

are you the dictator? perhaps we should get mr.sader to make a vote

I have no more knowledge of the ideal cookie than the rest.

"Artificial flavour/colour" somehow violates the spirit of the activity.

Fairtrade chocolate? Anyone?

50 is a pile. I'll bring brown lunch bags so we can share.

I like butter.

gsanson wrote:

second: substitute butter instead of crisco, also, i propose we mealt an additional cup of chocolate chips in the butter (low temp, possibly double boiler) to make a chocolatly dough

Yay! mmmm...chocolate.

dsader wrote:
adamhockey2 wrote:

are you the dictator? perhaps we should get mr.sader to make a vote

I have no more knowledge of the ideal cookie than the rest.

"Artificial flavour/colour" somehow violates the spirit of the activity.

Fairtrade chocolate? Anyone?

50 is a pile. I'll bring brown lunch bags so we can share.

I like butter.

Thanks for the random butter...ness...I think...

does this have to be some sort of specific cookie or anything i want...and does it have to be 50

yes miroth, go to http://iblog.stjschool.org/kesela/2007/03/14/bananasmmmmbananas/

50 identical cookies. I'm gunna have to agree with mimartin. Sure all cookies look the same, but they are not made of identically the same stuff. They are not made of the same grains of wheat, the same drops of milk... Take identical twins for example, well I won't say identical, that just throws off what I'm trying to say. Twins that look very alike... They do look the same, however they are not the same person. 50 cookies can look really really similar, but they are still not the same. Even though we may use the same mold of cookies, they are not the same!

ya. we need to have 50 cookies just like plato's question, and we need to have the same recipe to the same cookie or there is no way that we are going to get 50 identicle cookies.

Thanks for finding a recipe kesela, but don't you think that we'll have a lot of left overs and no one really knows what banana cookies are going to be like. I think we should just stick with good ol' chocolate chip

machehade wrote:

50 identical cookies. I'm gunna have to agree with mimartin. Sure all cookies look the same, but they are not made of identically the same stuff. They are not made of the same grains of wheat, the same drops of milk... Take identical twins for example, well I won't say identical, that just throws off what I'm trying to say. Twins that look very alike... They do look the same, however they are not the same person. 50 cookies can look really really similar, but they are still not the same. Even though we may use the same mold of cookies, they are not the same!

Try to stay on topic, we're discussing what kind of cookies to make. Yes, miroth, it has to be 50.

I also agree with mimartin. But why dont we all have our own recipe or kind of cookies that we want to make and bring them, we can try for fifty cookies each, and compare recipes and how they do compare. We all like our own types of cookies, so why not all bring our own favourite? But with no rasins, right dsader?