Topic: Homework Update February 6, 2012

ELA 9
Snowflake: Write a review of the film Blast from the Bast and a short story containing tropes and humorous and insightful kvetch from "The Atomic Café."

Update your "Books I'm Reading" and "Books I've Read" widgets.

Consider this set of focus questions on the Human Condition. Consider "Book Talk" page of questions.

Rubrics

Web Desgn 10
Keyboarding - pay attention to how the grade will be calculated i.e. 20 WPM = 50% -> 50 WPM = 100%.

Keyboarding is a prerequisite to any of the other Web Design Modules.

"Digitize" artwork created for school assignments, personal artwork, etc.

Add any/all (graphic,audio,video,flash,presentation, etc) projects to your blog - i.e. tag as a "CTS ComTech Portfolio".

ELA 30
Write a narrative/essay response to Hamlet: Getting Started.

Consider these tips for generating ideas for a story.

Review The Tower short story. Do not re-read just to satisfy yourself for forgetting plot details alone, but reread for the more subtle symbolism. What elements of the story suggest themes found in the absurd Woody Allen clip from the philosophy thread in the forums?

Is your response Objet D'Art?

Is it possible to respond to one of the Hamlet topics with ideas synthesized from our discussions of Socrates/Plato/Aristoltle?

Extra: Dualism, pluralism, secular humanism, deontological ethics, Plato's tripartite soul, Thomist metaphysics, and the Golden Rule.

Rubrics

ELA 20
Macbeth: Getting Started assignment. Write an expository or narrative post in response one of the topics. Try to include some links to sources, media. 3-5 body paragraphs with an introduction and conclusion paragraph for the essay. Look at some of these short story writing tips if venturing into a narrative response.

Add 3-5 comments from classmates and update a spreadsheet to keep track as well.

Update your "Book I'm reading" widget. If you don't have a book started, do so. Track your reading in a reading log as well - especially if you are not normally a habitual reader. Add to your "book talk" in these forums as well.

Have we "decided" on a set of focus questions?

Perhaps our focus will be "conflicts between heroism and villainy, good and evil, loyalty and treachery, ambition and morality."

Is your response Objet D'Art?

Extra: Dualism, pluralism, secular humanism, deontological ethics, Plato's tripartite soul, Thomist metaphysics, and the Golden Rule.

Rubrics

Re: Homework Update February 6, 2012

How difficult would brining  morals and pricipal to our focus questions be?

sean.earle wrote:

How difficult would brining  morals and pricipal to our focus questions be?

Check out these other "lists" for inspiration:
Focus Questions
Pillars of Character
Rocks, Carrots, Bunnies, Humans
find a link to a philosophy survey

Tripartite  Soul summary: http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/human_nature_tripartite_soul.html