Topic: Gravatar?

Whats a gravatar, is it like a comvatar?

Re: Gravatar?

Comvatars were limited to a pool of images I installed, "Community Avatars." Overly complicated to administer, to few images, little real personality. Soooo 2005 with 1998 images.

Gravatars are "Globally Recognized Avatars." Very little administration, limitless image possibility, real personality. "Futureproof", but not foolproof.

Bloggers upload an appropriate image to http://site.gravatar.com/ that become attached to their email account.  Activate the gravatar plugin to insert the same gravatar on posts, as well as any comments. A blogger administers to their image once, then wherever the plugin is active their image appears automagically.

Might be cool, might be cheezy ... depends on the choice of images bloggers attach to their email account.

Images must be rated G.

Oh, I see

Gravatars are Everywhere at wordpress.com: 190,000,000 served EACH DAY!

The Gravatar site hasn't sent a reply yet for the 3rd day.

Did you try that link that you were supost to press if it din't work after 20 mins

7 (edited by kdkrys 2008-01-09 15:21:52)

Never mind we need Mr saders help it needs the mail server and the password

Issues related to the stj.ecacs16.ab.ca email server(or lack thereof) are out of my control.
Roll the dice. Grumble grumble. I'm not telling you to change the email you use with your iblog/gravatar account to a non-STJ email, but it will work.

The domain name resolves internally on the LAN, but from outside it does not. "Powers that be" tell me they know this, and yet the flaw exists, go figure.

dsader wrote:

Issues related to the stj.ecacs16.ab.ca email server(or lack thereof) are out of my control.
Roll the dice. Grumble grumble. I'm not telling you to change the email you use with your iblog/gravatar account to a non-STJ email, but it will work.

The domain name resolves internally on the LAN, but from outside it does not. "Powers that be" tell me they know this, and yet the flaw exists, go figure.

No longer an issue today.