1 (edited by dlavoie 2008-03-31 09:55:02)

Topic: Post RSS missing headlines in paragraph

The paragraph views for the RSS Sportsnet Feeds didn't have any headlines or hyperlinks. http://iblog.stjschool.org/dlavoie/2008 … -stj-post/

Re: Post RSS missing headlines in paragraph

dlavoie wrote:

The paragraph views for the RSS Sportsnet Feeds didn't have any headlines or hyperlinks. http://iblog.stjschool.org/dlavoie/2008 … -stj-post/

Yeah, it was a bit of a jumble. Try again.

The code was a work in progress from over a year ago methinks, but I was stalled at trying to figure out how it could also list the author of an individual post.

I've dropped the author and added the title/tagline of the blog instead.

I've limited the number of posts to five instead of ten. Looks cleaner.  Have a look at the output in a couple of other themes and report back.

POGE

Re: Post RSS missing headlines in paragraph

dsader wrote:

I've dropped the author

My original code for rss to call the author variable was simply "author".  Now it is "dc:creator". But the ":" had me stumped as it bjorks the code.

Found an approach at Dublin Core.

However, not all feeds out there are output with the "Dublin Core" usage of the "dc:creator".

iBlog feeds are "dc:creator" and show the author name as well, but the forum feeds here are not. As I recall, this is where I stopped coding a while back as I needed to work on the software behind these very forums.

I was looking at a smoother way to integrate the blogs with a forum software and looked at bbpress. These forums are run with a derivative of punbb. The feed generator is a customized hack, I haven't tried the bbpress feed generator.

I've been testing the bbpress once in a while, it is still actively developed by what appears to be a growing list of users. Maybe I'l have a closer look later in the term. For now the compatability may be an issue as I keep the iblogs running up to snuff but the bbpress lags somewhat, integration can be a headache.