Topic: English Ten Focus Questions

Hello everyone. It would seem that this year we have a certain amount of choice in determining our course focus questions. The outlines last year followed topics such as: Decisions–Action or Apathy Environment and Technology–Reality and Responsibility, Equality–Pain and Pride, The Human Condition–In Search of Self, World Perspectives–The Social Experience (these were taken directly from Mr. Sader's blog). So let's get get some new and interesting ideas up for this year.

Re: English Ten Focus Questions

I like "Decisions-Action or Apathy". It discusses everyday situations that we can all relate to such as pressures, consequences, decisions, and our values.

I'd like(you) to read a bunch of books from the Library this term. We need to see what books Mrs. Worobec has for us. Perhaps if we peruse a bunch of covers in the Library, getting a survey of what's available, we'll get a sense of what focus questions would fit. Let's do that before we decide focus.

dsader wrote:

I'd like(you) to read a bunch of books from the Library this term. We need to see what books Mrs. Worobec has for us. Perhaps if we peruse a bunch of covers in the Library, getting a survey of what's available, we'll get a sense of what focus questions would fit. Let's do that before we decide focus.

Oh, and read Young Adult Book Bloggers, seems on the mark IMHO for writing book reviews.

So we are to get books from the Library, decide what the focus questions should be, and then write a book review on it?

I'm guessing that's it. Easy enough.

7 (edited by kneil 2008-09-09 10:48:29)

This doesn't sound so hard.

I'm actually looking forward to going to the library and writing another book review.

Yes this shouldn't been so hard to do, and want to go to the library to find a book.

Yes this doesn't sounds too hard and I am looking forward to the library.

Sounds good to me I'm looking forward to picking a book.

Can our focus questions be different in every book review?
Also can we follow the theme of the book if it has one?

I am actually very excited to go to the library
I do agree with jamie, Decisions–Action or Apathy
what she says is entirly the truth
It does talk about the truth, conditions, and what we go through
we can all relate and to that idea or whatever

All though I still dont understand what we really are supposed to do ?
I enjoy writing so I am sure i will figure it out but still,
also what should I read about?
I have no idea.

I enjoy reading books so I am looking forward to go to the library.

Okay so what it really comes down to is this: THIS IS IMPORTANT: The course outline questions Mr. Sader has designed are made in such a way that you can get something interesting no matter what kind of book you read. So it is not necessary to create your own question or try to directly follow the theme of the book. Just follow the topics of the other focus questions and you should be able to create an interesting and convincing argument no matter what book you read.

I also agree on the topic "Decisions-Action or Apathy". The topic easily relates with our everyday lives which makes it alot easier to write about big_smile

Ok, We have to rent book and blog about the book we are reading. That should be easy. I love reading so this should be fun.

I like the topic "The human condition-search of self" because it can describe the personality of humans.

I will be reading a lot of books from the library.

I like the topic equality-pain and pride because it describes peoples emotions

The one that I've got is Life Pressures. 

I feel like it resembles the book that I've read in alot of ways of how hard life can really be for others.

The Book that i have talks about Apathy versus Action. I feel that this book talks about whether or not that justice is a good thing. But it also talks about being good or bad.

The Book was really good.

The one I used was in Action versus Apathy - Decisions and consequences. I found that it related the most to my book and what the experiences in it had involved.