Topic: Grade 10 English Focus Questions

We have three choices to pick from this year. They are:

World Perspectives–The Social Experience
Equality–Pain and Pride
Decisions–Action or Apathy

The post on Mr.Sader's blog to the questions these topics include is:
http://iblog.stjschool.org/dsader/english-language-arts-general-outcomes2003/critical-questions/focus-questions/

Just post a reply on what you think we should decide on. Keep in mind how the questions can relate to the books we read, snowflakes we write, etc.

Re: Grade 10 English Focus Questions

Thanks, kmarsh for starting this thread. Students may want to have a look at the ELA 10 Course Outline, which is not unlike the usual ELA outline, but the Reading List is dominated by issues in the Politics category from snowflakes.

My vote is for . . . .

And it looks like there will be an election soon - if you follow any of the hype in the national news.

My vote is for Equality Pain and Pride.
There is a definite difference between pain and pride,
and I believe as a Grade 10 class we need to learn about the differencePr

I agree with aganton. I think that the difference between pain and pride should be explored to understand grade ten concepts better.

My vote is for World Perspectives - The Social Experience. We should use these focus questions because I believe we need to learn about how important different world perspectives are.

My vote is for World Perspectives-The Social Experience because I feel it gives us a vaster variety of questions for our writing. We can look at our personal goals and lives as well as society as a whole.

I agree with aganton and cdejong, we should do equality the difference between pain and pride.
They would be good focus questions for our class to answer.

I vote pain and pride. Mainly because it is something I am very familiar with. Considering being a teenager, and a grade 10 student, it is something we experience on a daily basis. So in my understanding we should be able to write about feeling pain and pride.

I personally agree with Ashlee's vote because it should be learned towards the difference between what Pain and Pride is.

I agree with krochford. The focus question under Equality Pain and Pride are good questions for our grade 10 class to figure out because they will be important in our future.

My vote is also Equality Pain and Pride. I agree with the students in my class that voted for Equality Pain and Pride because, i believe that this would be perfect for grade 10 this year, because we need too know the differences between pain and pride.

In my opinion I agree with Ashlee's vote because the grade 10 class should learn about the different facts of pain and pride.

I would pick World Perspective -  The Social Experience because we might be able to use tidbits of information we are learning from our Social Studies Globalization unit to make our posts better and more interesting.

My vote is for Equality Pain and Pride because I think that the grade 10s need to know the different meanings of pain and pride and how they affect our lives.

My vote would be Decisions–Action or Apathy because decisions come in our life mostly everyday. So we have to decide quickly.

I wasn't aware of the natural connection this term between Language Arts and Social Studies. More of the same types of questions can be a positive or negative. The mood I sense is to try to make the questions in LA different from the question is Social. So that's what we'll do.

Equality it is. We'll have a class discussion Friday, see if you can relate a question to the books you are currently reading.

I agree with christine that Pain and Pride would be a good set of questions for our grade 10 class to answer. Also because we should know the difference between pain and pride.