1

Topic: historical question

my question is about the way the worlds changed over so many years like how did the life line or world go from dinosaurs to cave man to ancient Egyptians to renaissance to the old west to pioneer days to the early settlers to today like how does it all change in the matter of 20 to 40 years.?

Re: historical question

wsieben wrote:

my question is about the way the worlds changed over so many years like how did the life line or world go from dinosaurs to cave man to ancient Egyptians to renaissance to the old west to pioneer days to the early settlers to today like how does it all change in the matter of 20 to 40 years.?

Well, it's a bit longer than 20-40 years since the dinosours.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_world

It may be possible that the world as we know it will be very different in 20-40 years, though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerging_technologies

The high and mighty civilizations of today could yet return the world to a barren wasteland:

1807 quotation from British author William Playfair, known as the "Playfair cycle" wrote:

...wealth and power have never been long permanent in any place.
...they travel over the face of the earth,
something like a caravan of merchants.
On their arrival, every thing is found green and fresh;
while they remain all is bustle and abundance,
and, when gone, all is left trampled down, barren, and bare.

Are we in the midst of a civilization that will be the first to never fail?

3

Re: historical question

That deffinatly is a very deep and perplex question that requires a lot of thought. Honestly I dont think that there is a simple answer but rather a series of even deeper and more profound question's.

4

Re: historical question

I don't think you'll actually find the right answer to your question but a whole bunch that are close

5

Re: historical question

That is an interesting question and not easily answered. Perhaps know one knows the true answer but I'm sure there are theories that are interesting.

6

Re: historical question

Willy God made the universe in 7 days. We do not exactly know how long a day is for God. It could be 24 hours or 24 billion years. For all we know God could still be creating the Earth. So dinosaurs and cowboys are interlinking there is a very good chance because alligators a related to dinosaurs so what kind of dinosaur I don't know

7

Re: historical question

cmacmilllan wrote:

Willy God made the universe in 7 days. We do not exactly know how long a day is for God. It could be 24 hours or 24 billion years. For all we know God could still be creating the Earth. So dinosaurs and cowboys are interlinking there is a very good chance because alligators a related to dinosaurs so what kind of dinosaur I don't know

.... That is such a good point.

8

Re: historical question

I Know I am so deep that even the amount of grease from McDonalds burgers can't fill it.

9

Re: historical question

cmacmilllan wrote:

I Know I am so deep that even the amount of grease from McDonalds burgers can't fill it.

what does that mean?

10

Re: historical question

tklatt wrote:
cmacmilllan wrote:

I Know I am so deep that even the amount of grease from McDonalds burgers can't fill it.

what does that mean?

well sense the McDonalds burgers have so much grease that he's in thought so deep that grease can't fill how deep he is. WOW, i think i just confused myself.

Re: historical question

kirk.lawrence wrote:
tklatt wrote:
cmacmilllan wrote:

I Know I am so deep that even the amount of grease from McDonalds burgers can't fill it.

what does that mean?

well sense the McDonalds burgers have so much grease that he's in thought so deep that grease can't fill how deep he is. WOW, i think i just confused myself.

And how does this relate to the the OP's Topic: Historical Question?

12

Re: historical question

cmacmilllan wrote:

Willy God made the universe in 7 days. We do not exactly know how long a day is for God. It could be 24 hours or 24 billion years. For all we know God could still be creating the Earth. So dinosaurs and cowboys are interlinking there is a very good chance because alligators a related to dinosaurs so what kind of dinosaur I don't know

you dont know if god is still creating the earth. and alligators are related to the dinosaurs now crocagaters arnt LOL

Re: historical question

dpottle wrote:
cmacmilllan wrote:

Willy God made the universe in 7 days. We do not exactly know how long a day is for God. It could be 24 hours or 24 billion years. For all we know God could still be creating the Earth. So dinosaurs and cowboys are interlinking there is a very good chance because alligators a related to dinosaurs so what kind of dinosaur I don't know

you dont know if god is still creating the earth. and alligators are related to the dinosaurs now crocagaters arnt LOL

Oh, of course the universe isn't done yet. He rested on the seventh day, that's it. Back to work on Monday. He has been quite busy the last 6 billion years. The "Genesis" is only the "beginning".

14

Re: historical question

how do u know that god is still creating the earth

Re: historical question

dpottle wrote:

how do u know that god is still creating the earth

Science.

16

Re: historical question

Why would it be science then because science has an exuse how it is made

17

Re: historical question

I find this concept very interesting. Although, here's an interesting bit if tid. In the Garden of Eden, Adam lived to be 900 some. So we can conclude humans can live long lives. Would animals too? If so, lizards never stop growing. A 900 year old lizard could be frightening beast, that would leave large bones. So, I'm fairly certain that that could be a theory for the dinosaurs. Also, Devon,

Albert Einstein wrote:

Science Without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is blind.

We can't rely on religion alone to show us the way. We need to know how things work. It's in human nature to want to know. That's myths are created.

18

Re: historical question

eric.walker wrote:

I find this concept very interesting. Although, here's an interesting bit if tid. In the Garden of Eden, Adam lived to be 900 some. So we can conclude humans can live long lives. Would animals too? If so, lizards never stop growing. A 900 year old lizard could be frightening beast, that would leave large bones. So, I'm fairly certain that that could be a theory for the dinosaurs. Also, Devon,

Albert Einstein wrote:

Science Without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is blind.

We can't rely on religion alone to show us the way. We need to know how things work. It's in human nature to want to know. That's myths are created.

Adam lived to 930 but how did he live that much longer than us now? How is it even possible to survive that long

19

Re: historical question

They say religion is an excuse for things but how do we know that it truly is not science that brings the excuse.  Adam was banished from Eden so what makes him so much special than us. They created the bases of evil yet they were granted old age.

20

Re: historical question

So what every scientists dont know it religion?

Re: historical question

dpottle wrote:

So what every scientists dont know it religion?

Science and Religion(and Mathematics, Philosophy, Psychology, Economics,... ie any academic) ask the same questions:

Can something come from nothing?
Does God exist?
Does Man have immortal soul?
Does Man have free will?

Science has been prejudged to be hostile to Religion and vice versa. There should be no hostility, only a dialectic — "Given a common set of questions, persuade us with your answers".

Science and Religion have many "unknowns". Scientific inquiry should not be incompatible to religious inquiry.

The best religion, the most universal, the most correct(orthodox and catholic, btw) should be open to the best science not hostile.

I believe the Catholic faith will survive, and in fact be enhanced, by the best minds of any human inquiry, science, theology or otherwise. God's providence, His plan for bringing creation to perfection will need the "good," "better," and "best" of every human endeavor.

Consider the following conundrum's:
Where is the center of the universe?
and
Is anything we look at really there at all?
and
Is there life "out there" too?
and
Why is the recorded average number of platefuls eaten by Taybarns' customers [all-you-can-eat restaurant] 3.37?

Is God a "quantum" God? Where are we? Where is here? Do we get an "all-you-can-eat buffet" after death?

22

Re: historical question

science explains how the stars and the sun were made even the planets

Re: historical question

dpottle wrote:

science explains how the stars and the sun were made even the planets

Where did it all begin, or has it all always been here?

24

Re: historical question

it began with the big bang thoery

Re: historical question

dpottle wrote:

it began with the big bang thoery

What began the big bang?