Re: The seven seals

So if i get a vision about the seven seals like tomorrow then i write like 20 pages of what will happen. Then the council of trent could decide to put it into the bible

I get the seven seals but what do the seven bowls have to do with the seven seals

dpottle wrote:

So if i get a vision about the seven seals like tomorrow then i write like 20 pages of what will happen. Then the council of trent could decide to put it into the bible

If you could time travel, sure.

Seriously, "Imprimatur" is a pretty tough "achievement" on its own in any book.

Getting a new book included in the Catholic bible would be much tougher well, impossible really. The most recent revisions included parchments from dead sea scrolls found in the mid 20th century. It is possible and impossible at the same time that a jar filled with documents from the 1st century surfaces.

Certainly, new revelations, new miracles are possible. The Church has canonical investigators to investigate claims of visions, mysteries, miracles all the time, this summer in Vancouver, a miraculous healing type of story made the news.

how would it be impossible if thelord told me what to do like help kill satan(example) and i wrote in a book how i did it and what god told me to do it would most lilky go into the bible because satan was killed by a messager of god

dpottle wrote:

how would it be impossible if thelord told me what to do like help kill satan(example) and i wrote in a book how i did it and what god told me to do it would most lilky go into the bible because satan was killed by a messager of god

If you wrote such a book, you would need to satisfy the Church and it's canon investigators. Until you, or any seer satisfies them, I'm not satisfied either.

There are many sacred texts out there belonging to a variety of religions, groups, cults. Many cite the Lord telling them this or that. Only those texts that satisfy the CCCB get "Imprimatur" in Canada. I figure a council as significant as Trent or Vatican 2 would be needed to add a book to the Catholic canonical bible.

Recall Luke 1:1, there were many who wrote accounts of the earliest witnesses to Christ. Not every document was included then, but I'm sure any church historian would love to see every scrap of writing Luke rejected "after investigating everything carefully from the very first."

Luke1 wrote:

Since many have undertaken to set down an orderly account of the events that have been fulfilled among us just as they were handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, I too decided, after investigating everything carefully from the very first, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed.

By the way, did you know that the Deuterocanonical Books in the Old Testament (included in Catholic bibles since Trent) may not appear in protestant bibles.

Revelations received a "good measure of debate" for inclusion in the canon of the early church.

but revalatoin was written way after the rest of them

Why didn't god just kill satan unless he wanted to use him to destroy the world like the seven seals