Topic: Why was Lucifer Banished?

There are so may stories about Lucifer and how he was banished like he wanted to control heaven for himself or that saint Micheal banished him to hell and locked him up. There are other stories like Lucifer wanted to destroy the humans because they we sinning but god decided to listen to Jesus that they needed someone to guide them in making good choices. On that i think is really silly is that Lucifer got exiled from heaven because  he loved god too much. I just want to know the real story of how he got exiled!!!

Re: Why was Lucifer Banished?

I have a question.  If Micheal banished Lucifer than how does he tempt you and me or anybody else for that mater.

dpottle wrote:

There are so may stories about Luacifer and how he was banished like he wanted to control heaven for himself or that saint Micheal banished him to hell and locked him up. There are other stories like Lucifer wanted to destroy the humans because they we sinning but god decided to listen to Jesus that they needed someone to guide them in making good choices. On that i think is really silly is that Lucifer got exiled from heaven because  he loved god too much. I just want to know the real story of how he got exiled!!!

I don't believe there exists a thoroughly convincing piece of proof - Revelations, Isaiah, Catechism or otherwise that would convince me of the "realness" of Lucifer's story. The most comforting interpretations of his story emphasize the gift of free will. The bad angel chose to rebel. He chose his side against God. Whether or not he has direct control over anything other than himself is a good debate. He does have power over his own will, I'll likely never be convinced that he has power over anyone else's will. The power of evil is easily defeated by choosing not to do it.

Simple Man wrote:

Follow your heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.

His will, our will, and sin itself all exist as "divine providence." God's plan for perfection requires us to continue the plan he has begun. The universe did not drop from his hand finished, it is a journey of which we are a part. We are called to continue the journey toward goodness and to turn away from sin. Satan, Devil, Lucifer does not have more power than God. God hasn't removed our freedom to choose. Evil may tempt our will, but it can't control us against our will. Revelations concludes with Jesus and the Saints standing triumphant over unimaginable evils. Evil can never corrupt those who come to the good.

Free Bird wrote:

But please don't take it so badly 'Cause Lord knows I'm to blame.

It is a mystery that the diabolical exists in a universe begun by God, but that appears to be the way it is. The paradoxical gift of free choice for all, and all then choosing the good freely, is the ultimate goal.

Sweet Home Alabama wrote:

Lord, I'm coming home to you

BTW, the story of Lucifer you allude to may have it's origins in other cultures- Greek particullarily

See the Hubris pattern common to ancient Greek stories.

So there isnt an actual story of how he was banished

dpottle wrote:

So there isnt an actual story of how he was banished

What do you conclude from reading the link to the wikipedia article? There are several stories, from several ancient cultures.

So we dont know what the real story is

dpottle wrote:

So we dont know what the real story is

We won't know until we die. And when you go to hell.....AHAHAHAHA! Nah, just kidding.Just live a good honest life, and you won't have to worry.

we might not even know when we die because the angels probably have sworn not to say his name because he defied GOD

10 (edited by dpottle 2009-10-22 17:10:12)

The bible i read in library they didn't talk about Lucifer at all they talk about him being a dragon and him creating the first sin.When eve ate from the tree. So why cant god help us from sinning?

dpottle wrote:

The bible i read in library they didn't talk about Lucifer at all they talk about him being a dragon and him creating the first sin.When eve ate from the tree. So why cant god help us from sinning?

We sin when we believe that making the right right choice is too difficult.

The help is there, conscience - the consequence of free will. We have it, no other critters do. No other critter has free will.(Sorry Disney fans)

God has provided role models, his only son the greatest of them all.

No lion slouches back to his lair regretting the kill. A lion does only what a lion does. No lion wants to be a dentist.

To all our free choices we must seek the knowledge of right and wrong. We are not created as finished beings, we grow physically, we grow morally as well. We will continually grow wiser and wiser with increasing knowledge of what is right and wrong. You are entering a time of great temptation, sin is easy. It will be easier to avoid sin as you get older - and wiser.

How different would being human be if not a single person had an inkling within them of what is right or wrong?

Did you know that there is very little difference between a baby lobster, an adult lobster, and an old lobster?

Who would decide if u go to hell or heaven when u die

dpottle wrote:

Who would decide if u go to hell or heaven when u die

Simply put, you choose.

Recall, "We sin when we believe that making the right right choice is too difficult."

People choose hell when they think making the right choice to follow the path to heaven is too difficult. When ever someone does something that is wrong, there is always something that can be done to make it right. Making it right can be difficult, I suspect, for something that is very wrong. Jesus forgives us, before we know we have even sinned.

Jesus invites all persons to come to him, sinners too. He will show them the right way. They may decide to do otherwise nonetheless. If you think about it, though, if you are actually talking to Jesus, and he shows you the way, are you going to turn and walk the other way? Who would?

I have no proof that anyone has ever chosen to stay in hell. I have no proof that God has sent any person to hell either.

Why would you choose everyone would choose heaven

dpottle wrote:

Jesus said everyone.

dsader wrote:
dpottle wrote:

Jesus said everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation#Roman_Catholicism

Choice must involve a change in heart, eh. You can't choose heaven and lie to God at the same time. Regular confession in the Catholic church is good practice in preparation for such a change in heart.

wrote:

Roman Catholicism teaching on justification is the principal cause of division from Protestantism, and holds a soul is justified "by reason of a perfect act of charity elicited by a well disposed sinner or by virtue of the Sacrament either of Baptism or of Penance."[21] This condition can be appropriated by proxy, in recognition of the faith of a qualified sponsor, and is held to be effected by an actual change in the recipient's heart, that of the infused love of God, so that the justified are not only reputed to be righteous, "but we are truly called and are just, receiving justice within us".[22]

So you have to want to go to heaven?  Bt if you want to go then why couldn't satan  just come and go as he please, because every has a right to go to heaven do they not.

sean.earle wrote:

I have a question.  If Micheal banished Lucifer than how does he tempt you and me or anybody else for that mater.

I have no idea he tempts us but the demons could not him because he was imprisoned by Michael

cmacmilllan wrote:

So you have to want to go to heaven?  Bt if you want to go then why couldn't satan  just come and go as he please, because every has a right to go to heaven do they not.

He was imprisoned by St. Michael he cannot leave hell unless another angel(which might not happen) kill Michael(which is very unlucky because St Michael is the third strongest angel in heaven.

That doesn't make sense now your saying that there are strong angels. I think that all angel are representers of God so they wouldn't have competitions to see whose the strongest.

cmacmilllan wrote:

Yes, but you can't lie your way in. You must have a "change of heart".

Oh, and the one exception is Satan. He's is out for good. But he was never a person. Any person can have a change in heart.

God's covenant with angles and demon's is not something I am familiar with. I am somewhat familiar with His promises to humanity, however.

i agree calum

cmacmilllan wrote:

That doesn't make sense now your saying that there are strong angels. I think that all angel are representers of God so they wouldn't have competitions to see whose the strongest.

I dont get it either but the archangels are the strongest and lucifer and micheal were archangels before well you know

rswanton wrote:

i agree calum

everyone has a place ine heaven (so if i died) i wouldnt be gods right hand man doing everything for him.(like smiting people) i would just be a messanger or praise god for an enternity

You know how God told Jesus he would be sacrived like he could see the future wouldnt he have kown that Lucifer would betray him and why didnt god try to change that before.