Topic: Percy Jackson The Battle of The Labyrinth -Rick Riordan

Percy is trying to get into a new school his mom wants him in but because of his past experiences with his other schools and getting kicked out he doesn't feel too confident. I don't believe someone should be judged on what they did in the past unless the person judging was actually there. To an extent, sure you may subconsciously base an opinion on someone but you shouldn't treat them the way you think you know them.

Re: Percy Jackson The Battle of The Labyrinth -Rick Riordan

While I continue on through this book more and more things weird me out. An example would be the milkman, they were talking about an odd man dressed in white, Percy said it was the milkman but everyone was hesitant because milkmen weren't a thing anymore. They talked about the man like he was an explorer, very mysterious. Even though the man was minding his business the kids were quick to judge him and assume what he's doing, people always tend to this nowadays and even in the past I bet. It's not right but it is gonna happen, judging people isn't really accepted but people will still get into others business and still do it, together or even alone.

While Percy and Annabeth were travelling through the maze, a voice started talking to Annabeth and said something about her having to make a decision that could kill her. Decisions are something we make every day, little to big ones that always affect the outcome of the week or month and eventually your decisions affect your whole life too.

4 (edited by dabessette 2018-01-11 16:17:25)

A part of this book involved a character named Icarus trying to maintain flight while he was traveling through the air. He started to struggle and panic to the point of where the author got me to panic as well. The writing in this scene really made me feel what Icarus was feeling, the struggle to not fail his flight, and the anxiety he was feeling to not crash.

Percy ended finally got to the maze to stop Kronos's army but runs into an odd being. A ghost that begins to give off information vital to Percy and his friends. Knowing this book is fiction, I still find ghosts pretty realistic because of all the encounters I may or may not have with them. Weird things corresponding to a certain place without any other human but yourself around, it makes you think, is there another being with me without me knowing?