Topic: Glass Sword

I'v started a new book series I didn't write about the first book so now i'm going to write about the second book. I'll just explain kinda happened in the first book. This book is about 17 year old Mare Barrow who has red blood (in this book having red blood means you are a servant and if you have silver blood you are rich and have reds as their servants). When reds turn 18 they get sent off the war if they don't have a job, and Mare didn't have a job all she did was steal things from the silvers so she could bring stuff home for her family. All of Mares brothers where sent off to war Shade,Tramy, and Bree. Mare was next to go and she was worried. Mare had a younger sister named Gisa and she had a job so her family knew that she wouldn't be sent off to war. Mare's friend Kilorn was about to turn 18 and he had a job fishing but his master died right before he turned 18 so he knew that king Tiberius the fifth would find him and send him off to war. This book is really interesting, seeing how reds live and how slivers so is really cool.

Re: Glass Sword

Mare Barrow had to find a way to get her and Kilorn out of going to war. She went to go think and she thinks best when she's stealing something, so she went to an inn that only silvers could go into and took silvers money. One man that came out of the inn caught Mare. The man that was about her age didn't punish her he gave her money and a lot of it. She told him that she would be stent off to war in a few months. He told her that his name was Cal and Cal said that he felt bad for her. After Cal left Mare went home. The next morning the kings soldiers came having the kings soldiers come to the reds houses was a normal thing they would go though their stuff but that morning they came for Mare. Mare's family thought they where their to take Mare to war but her mother and father knew they couldn't stop them from taking her. On the way to the kings castle there was another red in the wagon named Walsh well that was her last name. They told her that she would be working for the king as a servant. Mare knew that Cal got her a job. I think this Cal kid is really nice.

When Mare and Walsh got to the kingdom they got to work on serving at the kings party. When Mare walked in the big room she saw Cal she couldn't believe what she saw. Cal was the prince he was Tiberius the sixth he was next in line for king. During the party something strange happened Silvers have all different kinds of powers and that's why think they are better than the reds, when the party was going on Mare had lightning come to her and for most people lightning would kill them but she was controlling the lightning. It was the weirdest thing the silvers have ever saw. Mare knew that the king would get his guards to grab her and they would kill her or something so she ran, she tried to escape the kingdom but then she ran into Cal and he caught her. She asked him why he couldn't just let her go and he told her that is was better for him to catch than have to queen come to her house and get her. I wonder why Cal didn't tell Mare that he was the prince.

When Mare woke up she was in a cell and someone was looking into her thoughts. It was the Queen she could read peoples minds and make them do what she wanted them to do. The Queen brought Mare to go see the King and the princes to see what they should do to her. They told her that she would marry the youngest boy Maven Calore, he was not happy about it, and that her name was no longer Mare it was Mareena Titanos. They where going to tell the silvers that she her mother and father Paul and Mary Titanos were killed in war a 17 years ago which is true but that they had a daughter and a red found her and raised her as his own. They also told her that she would stay at the castle forever and learn how to control her power and learn how to be a lady. I think that mare is lucky the king didn't kill Mare.

The next morning Mare had a schedule to follow from the Queen she had to do protocol and training with Cal's uncle Julian(the Queen isn't Cal's real mom his mom died because of the new Queen who is Maven's mother), and reading and writing. That night Mare got to know Maven a little he was going to be her husband in a few months. That night was also Queenstrial and that was when the princes would pick a wife Cal had to choose someone and Maven would choose Mareena (Mare). At Queenstrail girls would show the princes what there power was and they would pick who was the best contestant. All the girls wanted Cal to pick them because they would be Queen one day if he picked them. After all the girls where done the boys had to propose go someone after Maven proposed to Mareena and Cal picked a girl named Evelyn she could control metal and she did not like Mare. Everyone knew that Cal didn't get to pick his wife his dad picked it for him. I think the princes should pick anyone they want. Maven told Mare that he was falling in love with her.

There have been attacks everywhere by the Scarlet Guard and that was a army of reds trying to take down silvers. Mare knew the person running it Farley she met her before she got to the castle. Mare told Maven that she was missing her family so he took her to Cal's room and asked him to take her to go see her family. Cal took her on his motorcycle to the village. When she got their she was greeted with her brothers Tramy and Bree who Cal told the king to bring back from war. Mare asked her family where Shade was her other brother and they told her right before the soldiers went to go get him he tried to escape and he was hanged. Mare couldn't believe it and lightning started striking and she wasn't supposed to tell her family that she could do that with lightning or tell them Cal was a prince. Her family was shocked when they saw what Mare could do. Kilorn was made he couldn't believe that Mare was turning into a silver but she told them she would never be like a silver, he did not believe her. I think Kilorn should be grateful because she told the king she would be Mareena if she would get her brothers home from war and not take Kilorn into war.

Before Mare and Cal went back to the castle asked him if she could stop at an old friends house. Cal waited outside when she went to go visit her oldest friend Will. Will was part of the Scarlet Guard and Mare asked him if she could join the Scarlet Guard and he said yes and also told her that Farley would come and see her at the castle tomorrow at midnight. After she went and saw Will Cal took her back to the castle what she now calls home. I think that Mare should be careful about joining the Scarlet Guard if the king or Queen ever found out they would kill her.

The next day after Mare was done her schedule she couldn't wait till midnight. Walsh who was still working in the castle to take Mare to go see Farley to talk about a plan on when to attack. When Mare got their they were also dragging Maven into the woods. Mare couldn't believe that he was their and wanted to be apart of the Scarlet Guard. Maven told her that it wasn't right that the silvers are treating the reds so badly and he also told her that he will never be king and he is always supposed to follow in Cals foot steps and he's tired of it. I think it's good that Maven is joining the Scarlet Guard to help out the reds.

There was a big party at the palace the next night, and the Scarlet Guard was going to strike the castle that night. Mare and Maven were worried because Maven had to pick 5 people for them to kill. Kilorn was now apart of the Scarlet Guard, Mare was not happy about this because he told her before she left that he didn't want to go and then she got him out of going by talking to the king and then he goes and joins another war. At about 9:00 that night the first gun shot went off Maven and Mare ran like all the rest to go find a place to hid. Cal the warrior was out on the look to go find people from the Scarlet Guard and capture them. The king ordered that Maven,Mare,Evelyn, and Cal to the basement where they caught some of the people who started this ruckus. Kilorn, Farley, Tristan, and Walsh were in the cell. Mare had to find a way to get her best friend out of the cell so he wouldn't die. The king told cal to torture Farley first. Cal got a silver that could make ice and they tried to get answers out of her by freezing her blood which is extremely painful. I think that Mare should be careful making a plan because if the king or queen found out she was apart the Scarlet Guard they would torture her until she died.

Evelyn's brother was almost killed in the shooting and he came storming in the cell that the prisoners where in and killed Tristan. Mare had to make a plan fast so she went to go see Julian. Julian was a singer he could make people do what he wanted them to do. When Mare went to ask him for help he told her that the kings wife was the one who killed his sister (Cals mother) and she threatened Julian that if he said anything about it she would kill him, so Julian said that he would help Mare get her friends out as a way to do something about his sisters death. Julian and Mare made their way down to the cells by Julian making the guards do what he wanted them to do. They set Mares Friends free but on the way up the stairs Mare was shot but Julians wife Sara was a healer and healed her. Sara was Julians sisters best friend and she tried to tell the king that mavens mother killed her and the queen cut her tongue out so she could never speak again. i think that mare and her friends need to get out fast so they don't get caught.

11 (edited by shelby.cartier 2018-01-19 10:56:05)

The king was going to let Cal go out and fight on the front line but since the Scarlet Guard came and attacked the castle he didn't want Cal leaving his side. The king also ordered that they all go to the capital so his boys can get married and be safe. The next day they headed out to the capital. Maven and Mare talked to Farley the night before and she told them that they would see each other in the capital. On the boat ride Maven told Mare that he would always keep her safe, he also told her that their was red blood in the basement but he said that the silvers could find who's it was. Mare told him that she got shot and it was her blood. Maven kissed her and told her that he would fix this and that he would not let anyone take her away.  I think it's great that Maven is looking out for Mare.

When they got to the capital the boys and Mare still had to stick to their schedule. Mare was learning how to dance and it was really hard for her because she didn't have a dance partner. Cal asked her what she was learning and when she told him that she was learning how to dance but it was hard because she didn't have a partner. That night at midnight Cal came to her room and took her to a big room and showed her how to dance. After a few nights of dancing Cal kissed Mare. Mare didn't know what to think, she was going to marry Maven in a few days and Cal was going to marry too. Cal told her that he loved her. Mare loved both of the princes. Mare should be careful because if Maven or even the king where to find out about Cal and Mare they would be in a lot of trouble.

The next night the Scarlet Guard attacked the capital. Maven and Mare had a plan that they would try and convince Cal to join the Scarlet Guard because they thought that Cal would always choose Mare. Maven knew that Cal liked Mare. When Cal was getting ready to fight Mare told him everything they have been doing and that he should join them. He almost picked Mare side but then thought of what would happen when he was king. The king came in and saw and heard what Mare did and what Maven did, he ordered his guards to catch Maven and Mare and bring them to this room where no one could hear them. When they got to the room the king was really angry and Maven. Mavens mother froze the king with her power and told the guards to let Maven go. When Maven was free Mare asked him to free her and he said no. Maven had been tricking her and lying to her the whole time. Cal couldn't believe what he saw but before he could do anything his step mother took control of his body and made Cal cut his fathers head off. I think Mare should have listened to Julian when he told her never to trust anyone you just meet.

All Cal and Mare could do was run. They got out of the room and down the hall until they were both caught and out in cells. Mare was caught for being in the Scarlet Guard and Cal was caught for killing his father( which wasn't his fault). All Mare and Cal could do was stick together till the end they both knew that they would be executed the next day. Maven came in where their cells where and told Mare he could save her if she wanted because he loved her but she told them she wold rather die than be with him. The next day the guards took them out into a big arena to be killed. Everyone of Mare teachers where also going to be killed just because. Maven decided that Mare and Cal should fight Evelyn, and her brother(could control iron and metal), Owen( could control water which would be hard to beat because Cal is fire). Cal told Mare to stay behind him as long as she could of course Mare didn't listen. Mare didn't have her lighting because a person in the stands took it away while they where fighting. Once she found out who took her lighting she got someone to distract them so she could help Cal. Cal was being drowned by Owen so Mare knocked Owen off his feet to make him lose his focus. I think that Mare and Cal can win this.

15 (edited by shelby.cartier 2018-01-22 15:53:16)

Mare and Cal knew they where going to loose when they got cornered by all the people they where fighting. Those two where getting really tired. When they fell against the cement wall for some reason they fell right through it. They don't remember what happened after that but they woke up on a train with Farley. Mare couldn't believe when she woke up she was laying on her brother Shades lap she was told that he was dead. She was so happy to see him. There were other people from the Scarlet Guard on the train they all had a close eye on Cal and he was also handcuffed, Mare thought is was kind of silly that they handcuffed him because he could melt it in a second. I think that Mare and Cal where lucky that they saved them because they would be dead if they stayed.

Farley took them to a place called Tuck and that's where they would be staying because no one knows about it. They made Cal stay in a cell so he wouldn't do anything. Mare stayed with her family and they also couldn't believe Shade was alive. The next day Kilorn said that he would take Mare to go see Cal. He also said that he knew that Mare couldn't really trust anyone any more but he told her that she could always trust him. When they got to the cell the colonel was there and he was working with Kilorn to get Mare into the cell with Cal. Kilorn shoved her in the cell and left. She couldn't believe she trusted him. I think that Mare won't be able to trust anyone anymore even her own family.

The next day the colonel came to the cells with Kilorn to go and feed Mare and Cal but they also had Farley he threw her in a cell to, which is weird because she is the colonel's daughter. After Kilorn put Farley in the cell he punched the colonel right in the face the punch didn't really do anything to the colonel and he stood right back up and hit Kilorn in the face twice as hard and Kilorn went flying across the room. Once Kilorn got back up up he grabbed a needle and stuck it in the colonels neck and the colonel was out cold. Mare couldn't believe what just happened but when she got close enough to Kilorn she punched him in the face and gave him a black eye to match the one the colonel gave him. I think that Kilorn should have told Mare what he was going to do and Mare could just pretend to be all mad at him it would have been a lot easier.

Cal, Mare, Kilorn, Farley, and Shade took one of the colonels air planes and went to go find the rest of the people who have power kinda like Mare. The first red blood they get is an older name named Greg. Greg's power is that he can't get hurt he tried to put up a fight but then Mare and Cal used their power on him and it didn't do noting. He was uneasy about coming because his daughters went to go and fight for the Silvers and died and they died because of Cal's father. The reassured Greg that Cal was on their side. He said he would come and train with them but that he didn't want to be anywhere near Cal. I think that it was good that Mare and Cal got Greg out of his house because it wouldn't be long until Maven found him and kill him.

For the next week they went everywhere and found some more special red bloods. The last stop they were going to make before they found a place to start training them was a small town called Bunker and their were these 2 twin boys they had to get. When they got to their house they found that they were not there, Maven took them and probably killed them. After that they found this little cabin in the middle of nowhere where Maven would not find them and started training people and finding more special red bloods before Maven did. Cal, Mare and some other red bloods with cool powers went out to go find some more red bloods and when they got to the red bloods house that they were looking for was dead. Maven killed the woman and her baby. I think that it's good that Cal and Mare are training all these red bloods so they can take down the Silvers.

They were training for about 7 months but they were still leaving and going to get some more red bloods but they had some more help now. Cal was their trainer because he new how to fight. Him and Mare weren't dating but I think they will be soon.

Cal has been acting weird the past few days. Mare was wondering why he was acting so weird and she asked him. I forgot to tell you but earlier in the book when they first started looking for red bloods sometimes they would cross a red blood that they assumed Maven killed but he would leave Mare a note he said he loved her and that he wished that she would just stop all of this and come rule the country with him. Mare was the only one who saw those letters but she always thought she would throw them away but she could never bring herself to do it. Cal found those letters in a box under her bed and he said that he just missed his little brother and Mare said that she did too but Cal told her that she misses him in a different way then he does. I think Mare has feelings for Maven and Cal thinks that she likes him too and he doesn't like that because he likes Mare.

Mare and Cal went out to go find some more special red bloods but they were finding that Maven had already taken the red bloods and they thought he had killed them. When they went to this on house there was an old man there and he could see into the future. He told them that the red bloods aren't dead but that Maven made a jail to put them in that makes them sick and weak so they can't use their powers. The old man wouldn't tell them were it exactly where is was but he gave them a hint and Cal figured out where it was. I think that Mare and Cal and the rest of the trained red bloods to go and save the rest of the red bloods.

Cal didn't think they should go and save the red bloods well he wanted to but he said you could never trust people who could see into the future because they usually lie. Mare told all the red bloods that she didn't care if no one else would go with her but she was going to go either way. Cal didn't like the idea but he couldn't let Mare go by herself she would get killed, and Maven was also keeping his Uncle Julian help captive because he helped Mare escape. I think it's good that Cal decided to help Mare and free all the red bloods.

When they got to the place where Maven was keeping all the red bloods and some Silvers held captive there was a girl(Jessie) who was running at full speed away from the jail. Mare got her bother Shade to go and get her. After Shade went and got her they asked her why she was running and she told them that she has special powers and she wanted to get away from the jail. Mare asked her how she got out and she told them by using her power. Her power is she can make anyone do what she wants them to do and she can shut down other peoples powers like she shut down Mares power when Mare was asking her questions because she was mad at Mare for some reason. I think Jessie should calm down and let Mare and Cal help her.

Mare asked Jessie how to get in the jail and Jessie showed her all the doors and hidden doors. Once they got in they used nana to transform herself into Maven so they could get passed the guards. Once they got passed the guards at the front door they told the guards who were watching over the cells to take the prisoners for a walk because once a week they took them for walks so they wouldn't die. Mare and Cal didn't know that the queen was there and once the queen found out she told the guards to kill Mare and Cal and all the people they brought with them. Mare and Cal managed to get all of the red bloods and the Silvers out of their cells but the tricky part was getting out. I hope all of the red bloods make it out alive because they all worked so hard to get them out.