Topic: The Shack by:William P.Young

Part 1. I started this book yesterday. In the beginning Mack (Mackenzie) decided to go on a camping trip with his three children,while his wife has working. They decided to come back the night before school. During the beginning of the trip Mack's youngest (Missy) was wanting him to repeat a story while they were hiking. A chief had one daughter whom he loved so much and gave her a worthy husband, but people in the village started to get very sick. Someone came to the chief in the night and told him that it could only be stopped if a pure and innocent daughter of a chief would willingly give their life. All the elders decided this was not right and should not be done. But the chiefs daughter's husband fell gravely ill, and she decided that she must give up her life that night. The next morning everyone was healed and perfectly fine.

Re: The Shack by:William P.Young

Part 2. Later that night Missy asked Mack if she would ever have to jump off a cliff and Mack obviously said no and cuddled her. After a few days of leisure, two new families were introduced to them, the ducette's and Sarah, Madison and Jesse. They all went on a big hike,when they came back the sat around a campfire and Mack exposed his passed by accident. He told them that Nan his wife calls God Papa which exposed that he didn't have a great relationship with his dad (he didn't tell them that he left his home when he was 13 and put poison in every bottle of alcohol in the house, because his dad was an alcoholic). A few days later Kate and Josh (his other children) wanted to go on a canoe ride, so they put on the life jackets and went on the ducettes canoe while Mack and Missy were a little up on a hill. Mack could still see his kids but then the canoe tipped over and Mack ran down to the beach area and his old life guiding skills kicked in, he threw off his shirt and shoes and dove in. Kate was fine (she was crying, but she was above the water) so he went for Josh because he wasn't above the water. Mack swam deeper and saw Josh, he was tangles with the canoe so Mack had to flip the canoe. Josh turned out fine and so did Missy.

Mack completely forgot about Missy, so he ran up the hill and she wasn't there! A few hours later everyone was looking for her and handing out pictures. They then found a lead, a few teenagers saw a big green truck with a man a girl in it! They then found her shoe in a bush! Mack could not believe a possible murder/pervert has his child. Nan now new and her and Josh and Kate left back for home while Mack waited and looked. He got a call from the police. They found a shack. Mack came over and the police tried to prepare him for what he might see and if he wanted to see it. Mack said yes, him Jesse and the ducette's husband helped him walk the the deck and enter in the old shack. In the shack the were table and chairs and a couch and by the fire place there was Missy's red torn dress soaked in blood.

part 3. Everyone was sad especially Kate, she turned into a rock, she wouldn't hardly ever talk and was always sad. One day it was terribly icy out and Nan decided to take Josh and Kate to her sisters house so they could play with their cousins. Mack was left at home on his own. That morning Mack had gone out and fell outside on his knees twice before he reached the mailbox. He only saw one single letter. inside there was a little not that said " Mackenzie, It's been awhile. I've missed you. I'll be at the shack next weekend if you want to get together. -Papa" Mack was baffled he thought maybe it was and idiot who wanted to do a sick prank on him. He started to walk up the driveway. He slipped and he was falling down and skidding into the direction of a tree. He blacked out for a minute and then saw that he had ice and rocks jammed in his hands and knees and a cut on the back of his head. He got up in pain and went up back inside. he tried to look  for fist aid but he could barley find anything.

Part 4. Nan came home the next day (she's a nurse) and soothed his wounds. A few days later Mack decided he would go to the shack weather it was the serial killer, a sick prank or God. Mack phoned Willie (he's friend) so he could use his jeep. Willie came the next day with the jeep and gave Mack his gun just in case. Mack got lost a few times making his way there but finally got there.
He walked in the that shack everything was the same but the shack got more broken down, Missy's blood stains were still in the ground. He got out and as he was walking away everything changed. Since it was winter everything started turning green and flowers started sprouting everywhere. and the shack turned into a beautiful cabin completely re-furnished.
He walked up and saw a black women opened the door with a big smile on her face. She said welcome and hugged Mack off his feet He then saw Jesus who told him Papa was in the kitchen. Mack heard some lady humming a tune and she said I'm in here.

Mack went into the kitchen and saw a lady mixing a batter of some sort. Mack asked her if she was God she said yes, she said that she wanted to appear as a women because of stereotypes and what not. They talked about music that wasn't even out yet. he told her that calling her papa was a stretch. Right away God said that it was probably because he had issues with his papa and bringing it up hurt. God offered to be the pap he never had. Finally Mack asked the question that was burning in him since he found that note, " if you couldn't take care of Missy how can I trust you to take care of me?" Tears were falling down God's cheek  he was so sorry and said that's why Mack is here so he could heal some wounds. God picked up the batter and it fell all over the floor and her feet. But Jesus was quick to pick it up and go on his hands and knees and whip it off God's feet (without any hesitation). Then it was supper time. There was all these dishes of food, and the rice could've been a meal by itself, it was wonderful.

After supper everyone worked together to clean up , Mack thought to himself that he could do this forever.
Mack went to a guest bedroom and there was a bible next to his bed on a night stand he read a few pages in then it disappeared and he fell right asleep into a dream where he was flying it was wondrous.But then he heard Missy's voice saying daddy,he turned around and saw her running in the dark wood her red dress flashing behind trees. The next day he woke up and had a breakfast of champions Papa came out of the kitchen with plates filled with pancakes fried potatoes and greens of some sort. everyone sat down and had a conversation about when Papa's children make him mad or do they make him mad,after breakfast Sarayu invited Mack to do some gardening with her . He followed Sarayu down the back door and through a path of ferns, and plants he had never seeen before. Every plant was different and it was messy but when Mack pointed that out Sarayu took it as a compliment and told Mack that it was a fractal. they then worked hared and pulled up weeds and there roots.

So they started doing lots of gardening. They then walked around to a different spot and Sarayu wanted a bunch of really nice plants to be brought up and taking out, Mack thought that they were beautiful but Sarayu said she had better ideas in mind. They talked about how Adam and Eve aren't a myth.Then Papa came and before Mackenzie left Sarayu told him the garden is his soul and that the mess was him and called him a living fractal.God told Mack that Jesus wanted to go on a walk with Mack and that he packed them a lunch. Mack accepted the lunch bags and when he turned around they were both gone, so he decided to go to the work shop so he could find Jesus. Jesus came out and told Mack that they were going on a walk that was going to be breath taking. So Mack followed him and surely enough Jesus just went straight to the dock instead of walking around the lake. Jesus then told Mack to walk across the water with him. Mack was dumbfounded and was shocked, he thought to himself how could I possibly walk on water I am only human.

Before Jesus and Mack went into the water They talked about lots of stuff like Jesus asked Mack does he live in the past present or future, Mack said tat him personally lives in the past and the present, he is always thinking about the past and his mistakes and Mack said he doesn't really dwell in the future that much either.Mack didn't know how to step off the dock to go into the water he was scared. He didn't know whether to step off jump off or just dive off. Jesus then replied Mack and said that Peter had the same problem as him, Peter didn't know how to jump off the boat or rather step off the boat.Then Jesus put his hands on Mack's shoulders and Mack then felt comfortable to walk on the water He carried the lunch bags up high just in case Mack to a step and his shoes got all wet but the water didn't go above his ankles. He was astonished and felt in control and safe, when they reached the other side they hung there socks and put there shoes in the sun so they would at lest have some chance to dry. They then decided to eat there lunch. Mack bit in something and had know idea what it was it was ether an animal or a vegetable but he didn't want to ask.

9 (edited by amelie.despins 2018-09-30 13:20:32)

They then went skipping rocks,Jesus then told Mack that just like love,submission is not something that you can do, especially not on your own. Jesus then went on telling Mack that to not think like what would Jesus do but that you're independent and that Sarayu, Jesus and Papa will live through him and in him, to try and see with there eyes.

Jesus told Mack to follow a path through the forest and he would wait for him there.Mack followed a very distinctive path that led to a waterfall,he kept on walking. The path took him directly to a rock face and a faint outline of a door was barley visible. Mack thought to himself that obviously he was meant to enter, so he put his hand toward the door but it just went right through, he was not expecting that at all. But he still went through the rick wall and inside was just blackness, he could not see anything at all. But he thought to himself that he was safe and decided to take some steps into the darkness, after a little bit his eyes adjusted to the darkness and he could see a little path. He followed but was scared so he kept looking down at his feet, then all of a sudden he ran into an object, he ran into a chair. Mack decided he would wait there. He then saw an ebony desk and a woman behind it, she had olive skin with a flowing robe and Hispanic features.

The woman asked him a lot of questions that Mackenzie didn't have a thorough answer for. She then told Mack to sit at the judge chair, Mack didn't want to he was comfortable in his little wood chair. he said he wasn't fit for judging others or himself. but the woman kept on telling him he was very capable because he makes judgments everyday about others, there skin colour, personality,ext. Mack slowly went on the judge chair, it seemed so big.The woman then asked him if he trusted God and to judge God. Mack didn't know how to answer, he couldn't judge God he was only human. Finally what he had wanted to say from the beginning, he said that God couldn't take care of Missy so how can he take care of others.

The woman then asked Mackenzie which two children would he send to heaven and which two children will he send to hell. Mackenzie was mortified, he thought to himself how could I decide. He then broke out and said that could I go instead, please please he begged and begged. finally the woman said to him that he sounded just like Jesus and that he judged well. Mack said that he really didn't judge anything though.but the woman responded oh yes you have you have judged them worthy of love even if it cost you everything, that is how Jesus loves. Mack was still mad at god for not protecting his Missy. The woman replied that To return from his independence and stop judging Papa and embrace him.Papa ha crawled inside of your world to be with you, to be with Missy.Mack said that he didn't want to judge anymore and without Mackenzie noticing the room brightened and, the rick wall became translucent and daylight came in He then could see vague shapes of children and there laughter, Mack then exclaimed there my kids!

He saw his children Josh,Jon,Tyler & Katie playing by a lake and a meadow by some mountains but wait Missy was there too! She ran over to Mack, and stood there gazing at something beyond him. The woman (Sophia) told Mack she was looking at a waterfall and new that he was behind it. Mack shouted to her and screamed but Sophia said that she could not see him nor hear him. Mack ran to the veil that was separating them and couldn't get through. He knew realized that he couldn't get to her. So he just stood gazing and memorizing her face. Sophia told Mack that Missy was waiting for this day where she could play with her brothers and sister, and especially Mack. but sadden that her mom could not come. Missy then said the Mack "It's okay I love you". Mack was so happy he wept with joy he could hardly contain himself. he then asked if his other children were actually here too. Sophia said that they are in there dreams and some will remember this more than others but only in bits and pieces. He then saw his children go oplay with Jesus and so wished that he could've been there too.

Before Missy left to go play with Jesus and her siblings she gave Mack a big hug pretending that she was actually hugging him. Missy ran into  Jesus's arms and he swung her around, everybody soon were skipping rocks and having fun. All of a sudden the wall covered back up and Mack was behind the water fall, he asked Sophia if it was over and she nodded yes. She then told him that someones waiting for you. Mack saw Jesus by himself skipping rocks on the water. Before Mack went to see Jesus he closed his eyes for a second to just take a moment with Missy.As Mack walked toward Jesus he realised that the great sadness had left him, he felt kind of uncomfortable because the great sadness defined him it was who he was. He was relived. Jesus then told Mack that his biggest skip was thirteen but Tyler beat him by 3 and Josh skipped one so fast they couldn't count. Jesus then asked Mack if he had a good time with Sophia and and Mack asked if there were 4 of them but Jesus just laughed and told Mack that she was a personification of God's wisdom. They walked along the shore and and Mack answered his first question , he said my time with Sophia was both goo and bad. Jesus then told Mack that Sophia is one of the mysteries surrounding Sarayu. Mack then asked how long had it been and Jesus replied it has been 15 minutes. But to Mack it felt like hours had gone by, he guessed it was just one of her mysterious.

14 (edited by amelie.despins 2018-10-09 16:05:52)

Mack was astonished and I would be too,Mack commented that he doubted anything was simple with Sophia. Jesus said actually then paused to skip a rock against the water he then said (I was personally shook I was not expecting this) Sophia is actually elegantly simple but you don't realize because your very independent.

One thing was still bothering Mack so he told Jesus that he kept seeing Missy alone in the truck with the man that killed her. I keep asking myself how he is so calm and collected. Jesus replied to Msck saying that she was never alone and that Sarayu wrapped around Missy,and she settled down so Jesus and Missy talked. I don’t think that i would've been able to settle down at all or calm myself.Mack sobbed onto Jesus shoulder and when he was done he stood up and walked toward the lake and stepped in but his feet went to the bottom! Ha then he took another and he went deeper in,he then decided to take another and he rose a little till he was on top if the water and Jesus joined him. Jesus then joked with him saying that it works better when they work together. Made me giggle a little. That was the little spiritual journey he went on, more will be told and reacted to later.

15 (edited by amelie.despins 2018-10-10 20:48:14)

Jesus and Mack started talking about how people like Mack you and me tend to lie and keep adding to the collection if our lies and skeletons in the closet. Obviously I know this is true,but I just keep on pondering about the author and how he is able to write about stuff like this.Jesus then stopped talking and told Mack look at something,and pointed to the water and said that there was a trout  that he had been trying to catch. Before I read the next line I was think to myself why doesn't Jesus just snap his fingers and make it happen like nothing,Mack asked that question to Jesus. He replied that what would be the point,it just would take the joy away from doing all on your own and taking away the fun.

Mack then walked toward the cabin and he could smell scones or delicious pastries, ( I could really go for a patisserie right now).
To his surprise there was no one there ( he was shook) but then he heard God calling him from the porch and was happier.
God then told Mack to take seat and have a scone or two. Mack was quaking because the pastries were a delicacy. God said that he used Mack's great great grandmothers recipe,( I was not expecting that, but you never because I mean its God right?).
Mack then said to Papa that he was pretty hard on him and God responded that Sophia must've gotten to him.
(Sophia is part of Gods wisdom). He then said to Papa that he was pretty Arrogant and Papa agreed.

They then started talking about Missy and Mack had presumed that maybe she died so Pap could change Mack, Papa was astonished she gasped and said whoa slow down I would never do that, I simply try to turn the bad into the good.

Mack stepped outside feeling good. He saw 2 canoes tied up at the dock. (all the memories from when Missy got killed fled back to me), He decided that it was time that he went on a canoe. Jumped in and started paddling, singing and just having some fun.
He would sing the song that he sang to Kate when she was little, he thought that he needed to find a way to help her.
Sarayu then appeared on the prow of the canoe and told Mack supper was ready and that he needed to head back. Mack ate with Jesus,God and Sarayu.
After supper Sarayu took Mack on a hike and during the end he told Mack that he was going to give him Sarayu’s sight, Mack was confused until Sarayu put her fingers on his eyes.

Sarayu removed his fingers and Mack had to shield his eyes, Sarayu then said the he shouldn’t look directly at Her or Papa but Mack would get a little used to it. Everything was exploding with colour, it was everywhere. (Imagine if Sarayu had touched his tongue and his nose as well), Mack could see stars from miles away shooting stars and sometimes a comets. Mack then turned toward Sarayu and was now able to look at him a little easier. Sarayu was embedded by colours and patterns, she was so beautiful. Mack the saw a group of people walking together in the distance and saw all of their beautiful colours,kind of like a rainbow. He then saw a person struggling,someone who didn’t have as much colour as the others. They were kind of farther apart from the group and couldn’t keep up with them. Sarayu then told Mack that the person was his father.(Wow shocker right?) Mack was bewildered he didn’t think that could be his father.
Mack then found himself running toward him for some reason like he needed his father.

Mack was sprinting towards him screaming daddy and embraced him,he told him he forgave him and loved him. Almost immediately his father struggling stopped and colours were showing like fireworks. Mack then walked back up the hill to Sarayu and continued crying(it's amazing how fast you can forgive someone) Sarayu embraced him and then out of the darkness Jesus submerged wearing a simple gold crown and white garment. Jesus then whispered to Mack that he was especially fond of him and Mack couldn’t bare the joy he practically melted in joy. Then Jesus called upon all the other people and he embraced them and sang with them. Soon it was over and all that was left was the creatures and insects singing there own song in their own ways.
Mack then took one long look at the meadow turned around and his vision was back to normal.

Mack woke up to a whisper of someone saying get up so he obeyed and went to the kids Chen where Papa was waiting for him. Except papa was an older man and Papa told Mack that he would need a Papa today.
Before they left for a hiking trip Sarayu gave Mack a gift it was a duffel bag filled with different plant senses. Mack and Papa then started hiking behind the shack and there were passing red marks and Mack soon realized that they were looking for Missy. They were passing red marks and after a few hours they were upon a bunch of rocks pile led  up and the some mark was in it.
Mack and Papa started taking the rocks off and it was covering a small hole. It smelled so bad,Papa then immediately tied a herb over Mack’s nose and the bad scent went away. He then saw Missy,but he knew that the real Missy wasn’t down here she was in heaven. Papa and Mack then put her in the duffel bag Sarayu had given him full of beautiful herbs and plants.They made their way back and Jesus had finished a coffin of stuff she had done in her life  (pictures) Sarayu,Jesus,Papa and Mack berried Missy and Mack was finally at peace.

That night Papa gave Mack a choice to stay here or go back to his family. Mack was torn because he wanted Missy but then all the memories of Kate came rolling in and he knew he had to go back and take care of his family. Then Mack woke up on the blood stained floor that he was laying on 3 days ago when Papa came. He got up looked around and everything was back to normal (ruined) he got up and went back to the Jeep and started to drive.
He then stopped at a light and a car hit him,everything went black. He awoke ina hospital dictée swarming around him and Nan looking at him he then fell back to darkness. He awoke again and he was in a hospital bed and found willie by his bedside. Nan would come all time asking him what he was doing but he completely forgot. Willie then said to him what happened at the shack and then everything clicked back he remembers everything and started crying tears of joy.
He then told Nan immediately what happened at the shack and she believed him.
After he felt better he then persuaded an old friend from the police department to come with him because he knew where Missy’s body was at and then told him his story.
They then started searching for the body and Mack lead them straight to it. His friend then believed him and told them to stop taking the rocks off and call the department.
Mack was safe and he told Kate that Missy missed her and that it wasn’t her fault and Kate broke down in tears and everything was back to normal and they all grew to love with Papa.