Topic: Day 1 of Advent: The Turning Point

Have a look at the first Best Advent Ever video and discuss.
https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent … ning-point

Advent, it's a time of preparation. If you think back on the year, what’s the most important thing that happened to you this year? Or, what was the most important thing you did this year, and how did you prepare for it?

FOCUS
Jesus wants you to meet him in a whole new way this Advent.

ACT
Schedule a time and place to watch the BEST ADVENT EVER program every day. Try setting a reminder on your phone to help you start your routine!

PRAY
Jesus, help me to encounter you each day this Advent and Christmas.

2 (edited by Desirae.Cutler 2018-12-07 10:17:50)

Re: Day 1 of Advent: The Turning Point

The most important thing that has happened to me this year was going to a new school and making new friends,
I had to prepare myself for the new teachers, students, classes, and hardships of my new school.
I've had several questions and anxieties about life, my higher self, and God.
I would like to figure out what matters more and what matters least with this experience of the Advent.
Preparing for Christmas I want to open my heart by letting go of childish things, the past, all my worries, and anxieties in order to allow myself to be happy and grateful for what I already have.
I want to be able to do greater for the people around me and make others happy.

What is the most important thing that happened to me this year and how did I prepare for this? Over the summer I spent many of my days driving to Cold Lake and Bonnyville for lacrosse practices preparing for lacrosse provincials. This team was the best team that wasn't too far away for me to play on. I've been playing lacrosse for almost 9 years and all those years were preparation for this weekend in Calgary. So many days a week my family dedicated their time to drive me to the city so eventually, I had the opportunity to play against some of the best teams in the province. Even tho we didn't do very well last year at provincials, this year I will be playing with Edmonton and it's going to take a lot more preparation and dedication to drive their many times a week and to become the best we can be.

What was the most important thing that you did this year? Well, it probably required a lot of anticipation and preparation, as it should if it is the best thing you did this year. Advent is just like this as we prepare and anticipate one of the most important days of the year. As we grow and develop as humans we begin to pull away from the idea of Santa and presents and more begin to focus on prepping our soul for Jesus. We need to focus more on things like, why are we celebrating Christmas, or how can we grow better into the Catholic faith and not just accept it for what it is but really diving deep into our faith.

Advent is a time of preparation and we are supposed to prepare for everything, the thing you have been preparing this year. Like getting ready to move to Vermilion, packing and unpacking to get the house ready, for visitors that might come like family. We are also supposed to prepare for the coming of Jesus. Advent is like a spiritual journey, a turning point for your life. We are also allowed to have questions, like where is God when I'm in the depths of my anxieties? But he will show us the way back, he will let us take a step back and take a breather. Prepare your mind and heart for the coming of Jesus by praying to him and living through him. Every year my family has this huge advent calendar where there is some kind of candy in it and a little card of what you can do, like help someone, wash the dishes, set the table, etc. My family and I also watch the Dynamic Catholic videos when we have time every night, we also did this last year to help us prepare for Jesus.

Day 1 of Advent

Advent is a preparation. My preparation is being able to go to work on the first day and seeing what we will do new. With the two amazing people in my life, they push me to try something new on the job, we have our funny moments, sad and more to come. The most important that happened to me was meeting my role models. This was my most important that happened this year. They are part of my life and family, they love to pick on me when we are on the job, and if something isn't going to plan we take a break and talk.

The most important thing that happened to me this year was when I got my learners license, on October seventh.  I have wanted my learners since I was young. I worked very hard to get it, I failed the first time but I ended up getting it. I spent 2 hours studying for it. Now that I have it I am very happy and am excited, and I plan to use it.

Although a lot of anxiety has surfaced with starting grade 9, getting my learners, and sports. So this Christmas I will take a step back and look at who I am and how can I unwind this season. I want to focus on making other people happy although the day by doing nice things for them and bringing them joy but at night I want to take time for myself and unwind. I would like to be positive and reflect on ways I helped people and what I can do to be better next time.

What's the most important thing that's happened to me this year? How did I prepare for it?
The most important event in my life this year is when I got the opportunity to attend conferences, and meet new friends. I was very nervous but I also was brave and prepared my self so I wouldn't be that nervous. I prepared myself by thinking of all the fun opportunities I will get to experience and I also talked with my parents and they influenced me to make the decision to go. This situation relates to advent because advent prepares us for Christmas and the coming of Jesus. I can prepare for these events by taking time each day to think about all the things that happen to me and what the futures going to be like. How can we prepare for Christmas?  We can prepare by taking time to go to church and reflect on all things event that took place in order to get us to this time.

Day 1 of Advent

Advent is a time of preparation, what is the most important thing that happened or did this year, My most important thing is soccer and trying really hard to achieve going to the provincials although I didn't go I tried my best though. It helps us prepare for huge spiritual stuff. We all worry for, yes do we have the anxiety to worry about, yes. We prepare for Christmas through advent every year, we prepare our heart and mind we use advent. This was a great video it was inspiring to listen to this person as he talked about how we prepare for Christmas or time of preparation. What was the most important thing that happened this year and that's what he was talking about, it really is great for him to use good points to point out that advent is the way for you to mentally prepare for Christmas. This means that you may get gifts or put up a tree but you need to get mentally prepared for Christmas with advent.

10 (edited by clay.corbiere 2018-12-09 21:46:17)

I have received many gifts this year. Win Soccer Provincials was a once in a lifetime experience. Being one of the Captains for my team was an honour that few people experience. I've been playing for five years and devoted much of my time towards practicing. This Advent I want to be selfless and more appreciative of what I have. I want to be more generous and give more presents then I receive. Receiving the sacrament of reconciliation is something that I take part in every year and cleanses my heart. I also want to do my school work to the best of my ability. Respect my peers. Pray twice a day. Play my guitar because it is something that calms me and releases stress, anxiety, and anger.

Many important events have happened to me this year.  My favourite event is winning indoor soccer provincials with my Lloyd team.  Twice a week I would drive to Lloyd after basketball practice and be so tired by the end of the day after all the work I did.  I made many new friends that I will never forget and made individual memories with each of them.  Practices were quite hard but ended up paying off.  We drove all the way to moose jaw and to get to the gold medal game we had to go in a shootout.  It was one of the most stressful things that I’ve gone through.  Finally, we won and headed to the gold medal game.  Winning was a huge accomplishment for me because my team and I put in so much hard work throughout the season.  I will never forget when I win soccer provincials.

The most important thing that happened to me was having Mackenzie in my life, the most important thing to decided to do was in move in with my dad and getting to go to ST J. Having Mackenzie in my life has been amazing, everything has changed since I met you, living with my dad is different but a change is good, and getting to stay at a school that I finally fit in and I'm a lot happier here then I was at my old school. My preparation is getting a job, expressing the feeling of it, showing what we can do, how much we’ve grown, and more. Having job is like earning your money and spending it with what you want. No one sees how much someone’s life can change just from a job. You’ll be working more hours than others.

Advent is a time of preparation
-The most important thing that happened to me this year was getting my learners. It was nerve racking but I knew I had studied for a month or so. I got my learners and I love driving even though I am not the best, yet. Driving is a big responsibility though any little mistake could cause a chain reaction on the road which is why I always to put forth my best effort and focus when I am driving.
-Advent is also time to try and open our heart to let God enter for Christmas. during Advent, I try to be nicer and try harder in all the things I do such as studying, basketball and household chores. I believe by doing this it will become a routine and will carry into the coming year I also think by doing my best I can accept God in a better way.

Advent is a time for preparation. The first question that he asked was when was the most important time in the past year? To me the most important part of the year for me was winning my first soccer provincials for my club in alberta. The other question that the guy asked was, are there questions that your worried about asking? Yes, there are always questions that my and forsure other people are worried to ask. I think that is because people are to worried to either be embarrassed or get into an uncomfortable conversation caused by the question. The last question that he asked was, how do we preparer for christmas? For me I prepare for christmas by trying to think of others and make their day and holiday better. Also I try to go into church more to be closer to god.

15 (edited by douglas.davies 2018-12-07 10:19:41)

Advent is a time of preparation. Its a time where you look back and see what you have done and the preparation it took. I can look back and smile confidently at all the gold metals my volleyball team and I won. A full season of all gold medals. Now I can look even further back and see all the struggles I had to endure to get to that point. A turning point. What if I did not go to volleyball how different would I be? I can use what I learned from this video to prepare myself for Jesus. However, I have my doubts and I'm not sure exactly how to prepare for Jesus. Maybe I should attend mass and pray more. I have to prepare for Jesus I'm just not sure how. The video did not give examples it just said I have to prepare. Hopefully, the next videos go more in-depth so I can learn how to welcome Jesus into my heart.

advent is a time of preparation. what was the most important thing that happened this year?. for me the most important thing I did this year I went to nationals I had a long time to prepare  I've been bowling since I was three and have made friends with people I thought would never happen, my family is the main way I can make it they bought me my first bowling balls and my own shoes and they are who put me in bowling all this preparation lead me to my most important achievement and it prepared my heart because I had to believe I could do this, if I didn't believe than I couldn't do it than I would not have done what I've done.

What was the most important thing that happened to me this year, how did I prepare?
The most important thing that I did this year was getting my learners. Its a big change to being allowed to drive now. To get my learners there was a lot of preparation. I had to take the time to study, and now that I have it I have to take the time to practice driving. Although, driving at first was very scary, after taking the time to practice driving I have become less scared. This is related to advent because we have to take the time to prepare  for Christmas, as we wait. Eventually Christmas will come and you will get something good out of your preparation.

18 (edited by kassidyfehr 2018-12-07 14:42:03)

In this video it asks one of the most important things that I did this year, to me one of the most important things that happened this year was probably going to work for the first time. It wasn’t a hard job it was only dishwashing at my uncle's restaurant but still when I was there, it wasn’t a family relationship it was a boss and employee relationship. Preparing for this was easy but a little weird I guess, to just think that I’m already at an age that I can be working. Some questions that I am struggling with are: What is the purpose of us being on this earth? What are we expected to have accomplished with our life when we die?  To prepare our hearts and our minds for advent we have to be willing to try new things, and to be open minded.

In this advent video, it is about a time of preparation, we prepare for everything that is important in life. What is the most important thing that has happened to you this year? We all have questions that we are struggling with, and we all have things that challenge us. To prepare our hearts, and to prepare for Jesus in a new way for this Christmas. One of the most significant thing that I have done this year won every tournament in volleyball, it was difficult because all the teams are different and you don’t know what each team is capable of doing in-game situations, my teammates and worked hard and fought harder in those tournaments, especially winning Mackenzie Cup, which was our home tournament. Advent is a great time to reflect on what significant things you have done all over the year. Many people struggle through the years, but they always find a way to reflect on the good things they have done.

Advent is the time of the preparation it is also important things that happen to my life is that we won volleyball championship in our school and compete with a good volleyball player also compete fashion model in the Philippines when I was a kid but I didn’t win but at least I had the best day of my life and the family who is supporting me through the things of what I do. We also have anxiety in our life and sometimes we struggle to the things that are impossible for us and we also feel like we wanna give up in our life that we don’t wanna live anymore but sometimes we have to face that is happening to our life. Prepare your mind and your heart for the coming Christmas and love Jesus has your father or your mother.

While watching the first day of advent video, they first asked us what was the most important thing that we have done this year and what would be the most important thing that has happened this year? To me, the first important thing that I have done was to pass the test for learner’s driver exam and acquire my Learner’s licence making me and my family very proud and happy. Anyways, what I think they are trying to say is that Advent is a time of preparation, and they want us to be prepared for anything that may happen throughout our lives.

The most important thing that happened to me this year is finding my home. The Mosaic church. Advent is a time of preparation before Christmas. Mosaic helped me alot throughout this tough times. I am thankful. We do Advent to free ourselves from burden, I am hoping that for this years Christmas. To Move into Christmas with no burden being carried. Freely in heart and mind.

What's the most important thing that happened to you this year? 

The most important thing I did was help family with their needs and put them before myself. Over this year my family and I were able to get a lot more done then we normally would get done.

Advent is a time of preparation.
The most thing I did this year was hosting a Japenese exchange student. I was so excited for her to come I tried to teach myself Japanese, but I'm pretty sure you can guess how that went, not good. Welcoming a stranger into your home was difficult, it was like having a friend over for a month which was a lot but it was an amazing experience.
To prepare for My exchange student coming I planned what we would be doing, where we would be going and when it would happen, I tried to teach myself Japenese but it didn't last that long. When she arrived to the time she was leaving I learned about her family and friends, her city and country, and the best thing, how to make Japanese candy so it was a great experience.

What was the most important thing of the year
Getting a job for the first time and the night before was really scary because tomorrow I would be in a new invor ent with new people and that is scary sometimes.

How do we prepare your heart for Christmas
    Getting ready for mass and getting the family all together.