Topic: Day 3 of Advent: Change is Coming

Change is Coming. Join the discussion of the short video:

“It changed my life!” Or, “This book, it was a game-changer for me!” We throw those phrases around a lot. But when Jesus comes, things don't remain the same. Think about that. Let's take a closer look at how Jesus is the ultimate game-changer.

https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent … -is-coming

FOCUS
When Jesus enters your world, he changes everything.

ACT
Write down one thing in your life you would like God to help you change.

PRAY
Jesus, please transform my life this Advent.

Re: Day 3 of Advent: Change is Coming

have you ever had a game changer? for me, my game changer was at nationals as soon as we finished the last game at nationals and then as soon as I won I knew that changed me because now I have been recognised by the bowling community and which I know I was more involved

A game-changing moment for me I remember I went on a bike ride, alone, I was looking at the surroundings and I was so calm and I realized that sometimes all I need is to be alone to feel calm and like I'm not being judged or expected to do anything. I realized that there was a space in the provincial part where I could feel calm and my thoughts can be calm. A verse that relates to this is John 1:14. Logos the word means a way of thinking and writings. Logos and logic are similar. I do well with a change I don't like to be bored and I get bored easily. sometimes bigger changes than others, I like to make the changes because I know that God will guide me through it.

A game changer for me would probably be when my parents told me that we were moving away. And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten son from the father. Logos means the word (of god), the word of god, humans are the only one who can understand the word of God, John is introducing us to the word of God. We know God because we have the ability to speak. How do we handle change? When my family and I moved to Vermilion it was a change for me at a new school with new people, like every winter there is a spring. If you put your trust in God then your journey will be much better. God is with us everywhere with us, Let go then Let God.

Logos- means words.
John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of Grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the father.
My game changer that happened in my life was moving. I didn’t want to move to the new area, I so used to my old place and all my friends there. I was leaving them and my home behind. But moving was good I met new people and now they are my friends. I miss my old ones but change is good.

Day 3 of Advent

Have I met a game changer, yes I have it is when I walk and I would look up to see space and think about God and Jesus, but by far Jesus is the biggest game changer. And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the Father (from JOHN 1:14). Jesus brings God towards us so we believe in him, logos the word or thinking in a philosophy. Intelligence links us to our Lord and Savior God, it helps us believe in him it brings the presence of God to us. We know God because we can think we have a mind a brain that we think with words. How do you handle change, I handle it by adapting with my mind to get comfortable with this new change I go through and I go to understand, why the change and this is what I do with a change. God go with us through these changes we have. This video was great to listen to and understand that God is there to help us with change

When Jesus comes, he changes things. Have you ever experienced the game-changing moment in your life? And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth: we have beheld his glory, glory as the only begotten Son from the Father. This means, the word of God became flesh and pitched a tent. The tent carried the presence of God. The word of God is the order. The logos is the word. We, humans, are logical. John is introducing us the word of God. How do you deal with change? God is with us through it all. God has a handle on everything. My game-changing moment was in a basketball game in Lloydminister and I hit a halfcourt shot and it was the best thing ever.

How do we respond with change? Change is scary, but God will always be there.  God has a handle on everything, and he knows what he needs to do before something happens. No matter where your going God will lead you there, you just have to let him. When you let God into your life, you will be lead to good.

And the world became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son of the Father.
Logos: The word or way of thinking.
I handle change with strangely. With the changing of the seasons I just accept it but at the same time I don't like change I like everything to stay the way it is and it to be normal; not different.

John 1:14 “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth, we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten son of the Father.”
The Greek word for the word of God is Logos. The world is about to encounter God as he comes among us. How do you handle change? God is with us through change.

This video asks "have you ever had a game changer?" For me, a game changer was my first club volleyball tryout. Trying out for club was way different than school and by different I mean harder, doing this made me appreciate the sport way more.  The video says that the bible verse john 1:14 is the ultimate game changer. Speaking about Jesus being a game changer, I feel that he has been one because if my family did not have Jesus in our lives then we would definitely super negative about a lot of things and give up easily. Religion is a big part of my mother's side of the family and if we didn't have it in our lives everything would be so different. This video also asks “How do you deal with change?” the person that talks about it says that when you are dealing with change you have to put your trust in god and I 100% believe this.

Have you ever experienced a game changer? For me, a gamechanger was after a lacrosse game when the coach of the other team came and talked to me and told me I had the potential to become better than I was. I was currently playing with Cold Lake. We were not a strong team and I knew I was better than the rest of the team. The coach of the Edmonton team saw I had potential and asked me to play on their team next year.

-John 1:14 “And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the Father.” LOGOS the word way of thinking. Logos is the word of God  (logos=logical). We know God because we have the ability to think, see and talk with the words God gave us.
-Change is sometimes hard to wrap your mind around but can become one of the best things in your life if you learn how to handle the change.

The things that change me in my life is my family and my friends also some of the movies that I watch as if I can change things that I really wanted to and change myself as a good person as John 1:14 said and the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the begotten Son from the Father. Logos described has meaningful of words and it also the philosophy of God has it is logical that begins of understandable of the word of God. The ability to know God is using our mind of how we think of him and how he created us for being human, has Jesus remain constant if we are able to change that he will always be with us every time we go.

Have you ever experienced a game-changing moment?
I have experienced a game-changing moment during books or movies. After reading a certain line or listing to a certain quote often causing me to take time to stop and think about what the certain line means and how I can incorporate that into my life. When I hear these things I try my best to see if they are impacting my life or if I can make a difference in my life. When I first heard the line “never give up” I try to incorporate it into my life every day, I try my best on assignments, cooking, hockey and never quit, I always keep trying.
How do you handle change?
You can handle change by taking time to stop and think about it, you can prepare yourselves for the future and be ready for that change to come, whether it’s leaving home, or trying something new.
“ And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from Father” - John 1:14.
Logos is the word.

Change is something we will all go through.  I myself don’t enjoy change very much.  I like things to stay familiar and comforting.  When I moved from my acreage to in town I was very angry because I didn’t want to leave my dog behind or move somewhere I was unfamiliar with.  I still miss living out of town but now I’m used to living in town.  As I grow up I am learning that in order to grow as a person change needs to occur.  I am learning to become more accustomed to change because I know God will be with me through every step and that will never change.

John 1;14

And the world became flesh and dwelt among us, full grace and truth; we have beheld his glory as of the begotten Son from the Father

I think Jesus is the ultimate game changer. Just like studying for finals made me change my mind and made me decide to hate studying. However, Jesus is more of a positive change. The passage means that God is with us.  The word of God is the reason why we use reason and logic according to the bible. This is why we are not mere animals. Also, we know God because we can think. One of the hardest thing for me is change. In Advent, there is a change, from light to dark. I have also experienced some hard changes, for example, I had to move out of time. After a while, I got use to this change and I'm currently happy at where I live.

My game changing moment is attending church every sunday morning. John 1:14 is the perfect verse for my every sunday. Literally logos,  the word became flesh, everytime I hear the sermon. It changes my whole entire being. I don't handle the changes in my life, God does. He is my source, if I handle my changes I will probably go sane. God handles my changes because He is the change. Like what the video said, “Change is scary but God is consistent through it.” Let God, let go. We have to be willing in order for God to help us change.

In grade six when I got into a fight with someone I realized that I didn’t like who I was. I realized that I wasn’t the kind of person that I wanted to me. From that moment on I made a conscious decision to practice being a better person. Change can be extremely hard. After the incident, I caught myself "relapsing" and doing the same thing again. My sister Ashley does not handle change very well. If someone sits in a different spot at the table she goes a little crazy. Change takes time and is not something that will seem normal the next morning. It takes time and discipline.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the Father.

kind of “Game-Changer” moment in our lives, because I certainly have, when I first migrated to Canada it gave me more freedom than I ever had compared to the Philippines, it was very strict there, there was nothing fun about being trapped in a school with no playgrounds, rude and hurtful kids that bully, bad education, etc. But when talking about Canada, I was able to finally have the most fun I can get by going to school with no restrictions, great teachers, great education and especially no bullying.

What do you celebrate?
    Christmas Thanksgiving and Canada Day, my birthday, Halloween, New years.

Have you ever had a game changer? Jesus is the biggest game-changer that you could ever meet, he's like studying, you don't know how great it is until you do it. Jesus comes into your life, only if you accept, and allows brand new things to happen. During Advent, you can take to allow Jesus to become your game-changer.

Change can be a BIG thing in our lives, especially when you don't know what's about to happen. For me, my entire life changed when my brother and sister decided to go back home, and I thought it was going to be for just the same amount of time since our dad and their mother were separated for "certain" reasons They would live with their mother for a week or so, and they would live with us for a week or so. But all that changed when I finally realized that they were never coming back. My whole life, because of their choice to go back home, MAJORLY changed as I didn't have anyone to talk to or play games with anymore. It sucked and still does being the only kid in the house when your siblings move out for whatever reason, whether it was because they got older and had to move out... or because they never got along with one another. So being an "only child" when you know you still have siblings, but they moved away, sucks for many reasons. Cherish what you have with your sibling, because if you don't, things could go sideways.

Have you ever had a game changer? For me, yes I have. It was when I had won my first provincial soccer championship. From that day I realized that I was viewed from the great teams from around the province and I felt more involved moving forward. And I was recognized for what I love doing the most.