Topic: Day 5 of Advent: The Best Yes

The Best Yes. Join the discussion of the short video:

God made a surprising choice. He chose the simple. He could have thrown a big ticker tape parade on Fifth Avenue with bands and broadcasts and trombones, but when he comes, God actually chooses the simple—not the grandiose, not the complex. And Mary is the supreme symbol of that.

FOCUS
Jesus wants to enter into your life, into your story.

ACT
Reflect on a memory you have of Jesus entering into your life. Were you open to it or resistant?

PRAY
Jesus, please give me the courage to say yes to you and to invite you into my life this Christmas.

Re: Day 5 of Advent: The Best Yes

Mary's life got the opposite of simples but I could use simplicity in my life when getting off and needing to make times for myself and things that matter I need to slow down and care for myself and others, I'm feeling overbooked and stressed with school and I would like to go home and catch up on sleep and watch movies and talk to people I like and hang out with people I like, That's what I'm looking forward too.

Day of Advent 5

The selection of Gabriel the Angle to tell her the news isn't it awesome to be picked and how do you think he felt when he was picked. Even though its simple its a big choice and a big deal he, himself would have been surprised and honored. Then there is that second moment all of human history turned on one girl that prayed isn't that incredible a virgin unmarried girl Mary to have a baby and have Jesus. Where could I use simplicity in my life, I can make simple decisions in soccer on whether to go or not, that's a simple choice? Did Jesus change the world, yes he did he turned it around. In Easter Sunday when they went to his tomb he wasn't there and nothing happened until modern times how it affected the future. Carefree time listeners. We should use the time outa school to spend with family when we can because we are guaranteed to get two days off each week. We should spend this time wisely. Some of the best memories are when we aren't stressed or rushed and usually it is time with family or friends.

God decides to do the simple choices rather than the more complex way.
I could use simplicity in my life making decisions, during relationships, and working.
I can use simplicity with my family, friends, teachers, relatives, and basically anywhere.
God has given us the freedom to make decisions and hopes we choose the simple way over the complex way.

The choice God made was making us.
Where could you use simplicity in your life?
We should realize things in our own life. Take time to use, relax and be ourselves.
The best memories are when you are not rushed.
We have the time to spend with friends and family.

Spend time with your loved ones, seeing your friends and family that you never see.

As humans, one of the best things we have as individuals is the right to make a choice. We make hundreds of choices every day, what will you wear, will you study for that test, we might not even realize we are making a choice but we are. The littlest of choices can start amazing things, like when Gabrielle and God chose Mary to be the mother of Jesus. Mary was just a young teenager, God could have pick someone more extravagant, but he took the simpler choice and he chose Mary to be the turning point in the world. Which is really an amazing thing if you think about it.

It is important to make time for yourself and spend that time on something meaningful for you. Make your life more simple, just sit down talk with family and friends, live in the moment and making memories.

The choice God made was making us.
We should realize things in our life. Take time to use and relax and be us.
So we can have time to be with family and friends, we get to be free from work, school.
The best memories are when you aren't rush.

Spend time with family, like eat supper together, play a board game together, make funny moments, joke around, and watch movies.

Simple things can make a big difference in someone's life. God chose Gabriel to choose someone to give birth to Jesus. This small choice changed Gabriel life. Mary was just a teenage, rural, girl who lived a simple life, and she was chosen by God to give birth to Jesus. After she was chosen her life was everything but simple. It’s important to just take time to do simple things. Instead of rushing, to do many things it is important to use simplicity in our lives to get the best out of the important moments. This Christmas break I need to take time to slow down, and really take in the simple moments.

In life, everyone could use some simplicity, whether it’s at school or work. I could use simplicity in my life by not stressing over homework and extracurricular activities. I play hockey, we have at least one game every weekend and practice twice a week. I also skate really hard and I am one of the fastest skaters on my team, sometimes I feel sick and overdo myself, I often try to push myself to do my best and it is worth it but I also think I need some simplicity to make these situations better. I think by taking time off every once in a while and not overthink everything that I am committed to and just take time to be with family and friends. I could use simplicity all year round.

Not everything is complex but the answer to most things is simple. Mary was the turning point in life and was chosen, she wasn't a princess but she accepted it. Her life wasn't simple but in all God was her light who had all the answers. What should we simplify? I think that I should relax and take a breather. If we don't have our own days then everything else we do would be put together quickly when instead of if we pushed some screen time away we could enjoy the moment. I could use simplicity in my life, I think we all could. I think sometimes I get stressed out when I miss school, but really if I calm down I will get work done faster. Ways to stay calm or relax is to spend time with loved ones, you could play card games, board games or even make up games. Anything that makes you happy is worthwhile.

God choose the most simple thing in the universe has he created people and created our Earth to live. Where could you use simplicity in your life? The simple things that I change in my life are to love your family and your friends also your neighbour. Sometimes that our life turns into the darkness to the light like our mom and dad doesn’t have a time for us because of the work they have but for young people, we get two weeks off for Christmas break but sometimes we need to have fun and get together as a family and celebrate the Christmas has we show that we love God. We can also play some of the games we like has it is important for us to have some time to play and enjoy yourself and to your family.

God choose the simple, not the hard, it's hard to believe how our world changed on a little girl which was a teen and Gabriel shows up to tell her I wonder how it was telling parents but it was all on her saying yes that was the simpleness was her saying yes. the Christmas holiday is we should hold time and not spend it on nothing. than now spend your time on the family before it is too late and that's what's important to everyone so spend I doing something fun and special to your family.

What simplicity do we need in our life? Well, Christmas shouldn't be filled with super busy schedules, after all, it is about the coming of Christ and we should enjoy that. We should take some time and just do nothing. Just relax and enjoy something fully.

Where could you use simplicity in your life? Personally, I could use simplicity in sports. I am constantly doing sports or thinking about what comes next for me. This gets very stressful and often I leave things, such as what team to play on next season, to the last minute. Every time I finish a game of any sport I am usually mad because I get a very bad temper, but the time after games I always take to just relax and not worry about what will come next.

God made a simple choice to choose Gabriel to announce the news to Marry. This decision was the turning point of history. Simplicity is necessary for life. I think I can do more by making simple decisions. A simple decision that could impact my life positively is spending time with my parents and my other relatives. The best times are when you have time just to relax and sit back in my opinions. Other good moments is good when you are at your grandparents and family just playing some simple board games. Having some good laughs. Simple laughs. Its moments like these that I'll cherish forever. Who knew that simple choices are the best choices that you can make!

Everyone’s life could use some simplicity.  For me I could simplicity in the sports I do.  Sports can sometimes be stressful.  There are high expectations to do your best and do this and do that.  In soccer, I used to put a lot of stress on myself.  I would push myself to the limit, which can be good but too much can be dangerous.  After every soccer game, I would feel sick and want to do nothing for the rest of the day.  Near the end of the season, I learned to work hard but not overwork myself.  I felt a lot better but I should still lower my expectations a bit.  I work to be happy with however I do in the game and my life will become more simple.

God chose to do the simple and bring his son down to earth. He chose to put his son in a teenage woman named Mary. And the father is Josef. Mary's life because very hard then. Her life didn't have very much simplicity She was struggling to find a place to stay while to give birth to the son of God. Then her life kept the simplicity down with everyone not treating him well. Then it all stopped when her son got crucified on the cross and rejoined his father back in heaven.
Where could you use simplicity in your life? Every moment with my family in my life. That is because I just need to enjoy that I'm here in in the position that I am.

This video starts off with the man talking about how God chose a 14-year-old Jewish girl instead of an adult woman to have Jesus, and how when he chose her it was very simplistic. The video then asks “Where could you use simplicity in your life?” I did not know what simplicity meant so when I searched it up it said that simplicity is a thing that is plain, natural, or easy to understand. Now knowing the definition I think that I could use simplicity definitely in school and in probably in sports.

How significant is it that a young teenage girl at the age of fourteen was chosen to be the mother of Jesus. Such a simple answer to a complex question. “Who will be chosen to carry the baby Jesus?” Of all the people in the world, God chose a small innocent teenage girl. Can you imagine what a cool moment it would’ve been when God choose which angel was going to tell Mary that she was pregnant with God’s son? The suspense up in the clouds would’ve been unbearable. The celebrations they would’ve had after the results were given.

After watching the advent video, It was asking us where could we use some simplicity in our life? When I use some simplicity, I would use it on some family time, whether it is on a certain day or not, we would eat together, have some karaoke nights, and play some board games every friday night. How about you? Where can you use some simplicity in your life and what would you do to use some simplicity?

God made a choice that was simple, he chose Mary to carry the baby of Jesus.
Simplicity- The quality or condition of being plain or natural.
I could use simplicity in my life when I want to relax or take time for myself or doing something I enjoy. Carefree timelessness- relaxing, taking time for yourself.

What did god choices
God chooses mary the mother of god to have a baby
What did angel Gabriel do
Gabriel was the one angel picked by good to tell Mary that she is giving birth to a baby, mary said yes and she had the baby

In all reality, God isn't the type of person where you need so much "stuff". You don't need "stuff" to be happy. The only REAL thing that you need to have to be happy is the Bible so you can read God's word. Read Psalms 23, and after doing so, you will understand that you don't need "stuff". And to all you materialistic people who don't agree with me, look at what's in your bank account/wallet after buying that fancy chandelier of yours! You might want to change your minds after buying all that fancy "stuff" and start saving your money because if you don't, you might eventually start to grow broke.

God choose the simple, not the complex. He chose Mary to deliver Jesus to the Earth. God chose angel Gabriel to let Mary know the news. I choose to keep calm and patient. Being in school in general or with the person that you don't really like is hard. But I chose the easy way, the simple way. To understand their side, and put my pride down. Simplicity to something complex. Big word, but deep meaning right there. Engaging yourself and family on Christmas is like time stopping. It's where you don't have to worry about anything and just simply enjoy.  No is a greater yes.

God made the simple choice of making Jesus the son of Mary.
Simplicity in my life is when I take time to relax, practice self-care, take time to myself, do something I enjoy, meditate, or be around people that make me happy. Simplicity can even be making simple choices, for example, hang out with someone toxic or hang out with someone who makes me happy. It's about cutting bad people out of your life.