1 (edited by mia.westergaard 2019-01-07 10:16:29)

Topic: Looking For Alaska By:John Green

Miles Halter is a 17-year-old boy who is going to Culver Creek which is a preparatory school in Birmingham, Alabama, Miles was in room 48 and had a short roommate named Chip. Chip was called the Colonel and he made a nickname for Miles too, they called him “Pudge” it was an irony because he was so skinny and tall. The Colonel had been at the school for many years so he knew his way around, the first thing he did with Pudge was take him to get the Colonel’s old couch that he found on the street a few years before. The one thing Pudge didn’t know was that the Colonel was a smoker and made him pay for all his cigarettes which they bought from a girl named Alaska, she was in a room by herself because her roommate wasn't coming. Alaska charged five dollars for a pack of cigarettes, not too much compared to what a person has to pay now. My book is off to a good start, in my head I have a prediction of what might come next.

2 (edited by mia.westergaard 2019-01-27 16:40:58)

Re: Looking For Alaska By:John Green

My prediction was not very accurate. When I started to read Looking for Alaska I thought it was going to be about someone who goes on a road trip to Alaska but it's definitely not about a road trip. As I read I noticed more and more how inappropriate it was getting, it first started with smoking and drinking but I didn't think that was too bad but then things got worse. The bad things are things that cannot be spoken about, and these bad things started happening over and over again so I decided to stop reading the book and page 170. I stopped there because earlier in the book I thought it was just the one nasty part but then there were more and I didn't know how to do a book talk about that, but the last part I read was about the three kids pranking the principal of the school who they called the Eagle. The went to the school's barn and planned the whole thing, they were going to split up with Pudge and Takumi setting off firecrackers and running around the lake distracting the Eagle while the Colonel and Alaska sent emails to the weekday warriors parents saying they are failing classes. The 170 pages I read of my book were very interesting.