Topic: Hatchet Gary Paulsen

Today I started a book called the Hatchet. I read the first Chapter and it was pretty good. Brain is a thirteen-year-old boy who is going to visit his dad. His dad lives up north, Brian is flying in a small plane, the plane is a Cessna 406-bush plane. Brain has to fly to his dads because his parents are divorced. When Brain is in the air he noticed that the pilot had shoulder pain and his chest began to hurt. Then once Brain began to think about it. Then it came to him the pilot was having a heart attack. So it is up to Brain to fly the plane.

Re: Hatchet Gary Paulsen

I read to chapter 3 and what has happened so far is that. The pilot had a heart attack and the young boy tried to call for help he reached someone but then lost signal and has not got signal back yet. Brain the young passenger felt the pilots body and it was cold witch meant the pilot was dead. Brain began to panic he didn't know what to do so he tightened his seat belt and was going to fly the plane until it ran out of gas. The young boy didn't know if he was going in the right direction, but he kept going and every 10 minutes he would use the radio to call for help. In the end, he couldn't get ahold of anyone.

Today I read a little bit more of this book. I have read up to chapter 5 and I have gotten to the part where Brain has survived the plane crash. Brain the young boy is in a lot of pain I can relate to how he is feeling when I was playing hockey I broke my arm and the pain was pretty bad. I feel bad for Brain he is alone in the wilderness with nothing but himself to survive. Once he realizes that he has survived the crash and his not in anymore shock he stands up, Brain is very thirsty so he makes his way down to the lake. Brain the young boy stops for a minute and thinks is this water safe to drink. Well late me ask you something if you were so thirsty would you drink water from the lake? After he thinks about he decides to take some water.

I have read 10 chapters already and this book is awesome. I am right in the smack middle of this book, and the young boy named Brain is still out in the forest alone and injured. Brain finally found some water and he drank it, but a few hours later he was puking is guts out. Then after that, he was starting to feel hunger so he picked himself up and went exploring to find something to eat. He found some berries and he was so satisfied until later when he trough them all up. The Brain said to himself I won't eat those berries I will eat the blackish ones because they are better for you. Once he got to the berries he heard a sound, there it was a big bear, he couldn't do anything he was so terrified. It was like he was frozen, then the bear just started eating berries. Brain knew that he was going to be spending the night in the forest again so he built himself a little shelter that would keep him try and out of the wind.