Topic: Wonder by R.J. Palacio

I started reading a book called Wonder and it's about a kid who was born with several facial differences and so they book started off by him narrating saying about his past childhood and what happened when he was born. He started to introduce himself and the people in his family. His name was August Pullman and he has a Mom, Dad, and Sister. His Sisters name is Via and he says she gets mad when people stare at August's face. August's nickname is also Auggie. The book also talked about why his Mom and Dad didn't make him go to school but know Auggies Mom thinks its best for him to go to school now but His Dad doesn't think so and tells him that he doesn't have to do whatever he doesn't want to. He also talked about when he was born and his friends that he had. His best friend that he had is named Christopher and Auggie plays Xbox with him and he went to his birthday parties. That is what I have read so far.

Re: Wonder by R.J. Palacio

I read more of the book Wonder and what is happing now is August is driving home from someplace and he was sleeping still could hear his parents conversations but it was adults stuff that he didn't really want to listen to but then his Mom and Dad brought up school and then his Dad said that sending him to school is like "a lamb to a slaughter" and then August woke up fully and asked what is that and his Dad said just go back to sleep Auggie, then Auggie said I don't want to go to school then his Mom then said but Mr. Tushman the school's principal wants to meet you because I've told him a lot about you. Then Auggies Dad and he started to laugh because the name Mr. Tushman and then his Mom started to laugh. Then Via woke up and asked whos Mr. Tushman and August replied he is the principal of my new school. That is what I have read so far in the book.

I have read more of the book Wonder and what is happing right now is Auggie is at Breecher prep and is meeting Mr. Tushman for the first time and is pretty shy. Then after that Mr. Tushman shakes his hand and then says are you ready for the tour and at that point, August's Mom never told him that there was gonna be a tour all she told Auggie is that he is going to meet his principal of the new school he is gonna attend. At the start of the tour they going into the office and that is where Mrs. Garcia and she is the middle school director and she introduced herself and said hi and she shook August's hand but August also notice her eyes drop when she first saw him then Auggies Mom had started to talk a bit with Mrs. Garcia. That is what I have read so far in the book.

I read more of the book Wonder and what is happing know is Mr. Tushmen has 3 kids that are going to be in August class the coming up year so he introduced August to Jack Will, Julian, and Charlotte and then he went on to say that they would be taking August on a tour of the school to show him where their homeroom is going to be and the science room because August likes science his Mom told Mr. Tushmen. Mr. Tushmen also asked August if he like music or playing an instrument and August said no but then his Mom said that he always wanted to try and play the drums. After they left the 4 of them went on and started to take the tour of the school they stopped at their homeroom and then the science room. That is what I have read so far in the book.