Topic: SideBar Limitations

I've been playing around with my blog and Widgets, nothing fancy, just tinkering and exploring and I'm facing a conundrum. I like to have balance within my blog but I only have 1 Sidebar for Widgets. This brings me to my issue. I want to have 2 Sidebars for Widgets but I have no idea how to add another Sidebar. Is this even possible? Thanks for the help.

Re: SideBar Limitations

bnichols wrote:

I've been playing around with my blog and Widgets, nothing fancy, just tinkering and exploring and I'm facing a conundrum. I like to have balance within my blog but I only have 1 Sidebar for Widgets. This brings me to my issue. I want to have 2 Sidebars for Widgets but I have no idea how to add another Sidebar. Is this even possible? Thanks for the help.

Those options are not hidden in plain sight, I'm afraid. Some(less than 5) themes have the option to add sidebars (check for new menu under Appearance when activating new themes). Hint: K2 has fun with 1 or 2 or  "dynamic" sidebars, but there are a few others. What theme are you hoping has more sidebars?

Now, if you just want any theme with 2 or more sidebars, there are many, many to choose from. Most themes have 1 sidebar. Many themes have 2 sidebars, some with both on the right, most have one left. A few themes have 3 or more sidebars, but that is just silly, IMHO. I have installed no themes without sidebars - got to have "widgets".

TwentyTen  - specifically the methods by which it can be customized -  is and will be the model of theme design for a while. TwentyTen has been converted to a 3 column theme called ThirtyTen. "... how easy it is" he says there - ha! it is not so easy.