Topic: Parent/Child Category

What is the parent child category?  How can i put it on my blog site?

Re: Parent/Child Category

Why do we need to have the parent child catagory?

What is the parent child category for?

Parent Categories are like the filing cabinet.
Child Categories are the drawers.
Child within a Child is a Folder.

Enter a Post. Give it a proper category and it sorts with similar posts.

Categorizing a post becomes much more useful when you begin to have so many you start losing track.(I would be lost without the dozens of categories I have at Pingo Lingo)

Categories can be like a table of contents for a book: Units, Sections, Chapters.

Categories can also be used like an Index at the back of a text book: any keyword from the post becomes an entry in the category list.

Categories can be like the search terms you would use in google to find your page.

By the way, the task list you've been given contains several categories for your first dozen or so posts: Random Ideas, Snowflakes, Microcontent, etc. Use these as parent categories, and create more specific tags for child categories.

What is the main point on parent child catergory?

Big Mac wrote:

What is the main point on parent child catergory?

Make a post, look for the Categories to checkmark, Add a category(or a couple) to label posts just like it.

You can see Categories in action in several ways:
Add a Category widget to your sidebar. And a more sensible table of contents appears.
In a published post most themes show the category in smaller print alongside the time and author.

Anytime you click a category link, all posts in that category will be listed.

Once you have a dozen or more posts, you'll appreciate Categories even more.

9 (edited by kmccrea 2007-10-12 15:04:14)

A parent/child category is when you have categories inside of other categories. smile