Topic: The greek pantheon

The greek pantheon is  made up of over a 100 gods and goddess but not all of them are freadly toward humans for example Morphieas   the god of dreams he dose not like humans and he especially dose not like satyrs. there are also friendly gods like Poseidon and Athena.

Re: The greek pantheon

Sean not all Gods were friendly look at hades for example!

Devon you can't always have everything good for example sin was brought into the world from the first to that ever lived when they defied God's only rule and ate the forbidden fruit.

i never said everything was good im saying that not every god is good and having an example of hades

dpottle wrote:

Sean not all Gods were friendly look at hades for example!

hades is very friendly especially if you are dead.

No he only wants to make deals with you when your dead and not very good ones.

That is also not quite true all he wants is to be recognized as a major god so he acts very friendly toward humans and the dead are his people so he really likes them.

Why would he act so kindly to humans if he'd rather have them dead so he can rule them?

Because if he acts kindly to him they will belive in him.

But there already dead and there soul gone thy cant be scared or happy there dead

Not according to mythology the dead are very capable of being happy

If people are dead they should have no feelings thou.

13 (edited by nsancaster 2010-01-22 10:05:22)

Explain to me one thing, if the dead are very capable of being happy then that must imply that they are capable of making themselves happy or at least working toward it, correct.

If you are dead and in hell who'd be happy i sure wouldn't be!

dpottle wrote:

If people are dead they should have no feelings thou.

with this I have to agree because if you are dead yet capable of feelings and doing things to greaten your quality of life in a sense capable of making yourself happier than what's the point of dying

And I know what you're going to say they don't make themselves happy they just are, in that case if when you are dead and happy how are you when you are alive. Is it that when we live we are meant to suffer and when we die we are released from the bonds of living to enjoy life as dead.

Yet then again that would go back to the whole idea of having feelings as dead.

Tw things first this is the underworld not hell.  And second I would like to know how you know that dead people can't feel things,  have you tried it.  And yes Nathan they can make them selves happy in the underworld.  FOr example the felids of elieasm.

So just out of curiosty do you beleive in the underworld? If so show me proof that it does exist, evidence that it is not simply a mith. Back up your argument because if you can't there's no point in arguing. Oh and another thing I admit that I know not if the dead have feelings but I never said I did I simply inquired into whether or not they did.

nrochford wrote:

Devon you can't always have everything good for example sin was brought into the world from the first to that ever lived when they defied God's only rule and ate the forbidden fruit.

Sin was brought into the world by Pandoras Box.

Nathen i see your point about getting proof about the underworld. so i counter with this give me proof hell exists, and God, and Heaven. but also the undead may only be happy depending on where they end up, the field of punishment (you try smiling while you being attacked by creatures from the underworld), the fields of elysium, fields of asphodel there is also one more i am not sure what it is though.