Re: historical question

Helium gas and magneism

It's possible that God did create the big bang is it not. Could the scientist not have mistaken the big bang for the creation of the world.

if you read what the big bang theory is you will get it

But they possibilities of what created the earth is catagorical. There are so many how do we no that one is right we can't they possibly all tie together.

there is also a show called the big bang theory but i dont think it has to do with your discussion

if you read the whole discussoin it deos

Well this definitely reminds me of my social class with Mr. Sommers.. Discussing cave man and if they truely do exist at all. I believe in evolution.. I don't believe everything just popped out of nowhere. Sure maybe Adam and Eve evolved.. and they were the beginning of humanity.. I can believe that in a sense but I don't really believe that a man said "And there shall be light!" And magically poofed the sun.. And so that gives the idea that Caveman were real.. And that they did indeed leave writings and drawings on the cavewalls for the next generations to see, and learn from. If it wasn't for their teachings we would infact not be as technologically advanced as we are todaPr

I think 2012 is a bunch of nothing  i dont know why people are making weird things that scare us.

But there's a catch you see God isn't a man and to say you don't believe that He could do that is no better than satan. I am not saying your the devil but the devil tried to tempt Jesus three times. But Jesus replied not to question the power of God. There have been miracles that no one can explain. They have the theory of randomness but how does it explain amazing instances. I play the bagpipes and I talk to a few veterans and a story that its humorous and amazing is that it was the end of World War 2. A 4 German solders were retreating into a forest. They had about 2 miles to run. 65 american and British solders opened fire upon them. Not a single bullet hit them. For 2 miles no one could touch them. You may say what a coincidence but I think that God was on there side that day.

cmacmilllan wrote:

But there's a catch you see God isn't a man and to say you don't believe that He could do that is no better than satan. I am not saying your the devil but the devil tried to tempt Jesus three times. But Jesus replied not to question the power of God. There have been miracles that no one can explain. They have the theory of randomness but how does it explain amazing instances. I play the bagpipes and I talk to a few veterans and a story that its humorous and amazing is that it was the end of World War 2. A 4 German solders were retreating into a forest. They had about 2 miles to run. 65 american and British solders opened fire upon them. Not a single bullet hit them. For 2 miles no one could touch them. You may say what a coincidence but I think that God was on there side that day.

God is a spirit. but what if God is evil and is tricking us and the devil is trying to save us from him. If God was on their side why didnt he save everyone not just those four but everyone in the german army. If God was saving them mybe he thought hitler wasnt the bad guy,mybe he thought we wePr

http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/book29.html

Leonard Cohen wrote:

GOD IS ALIVE MAGIC IS AFOOT
God is alive, magic is afoot
God is afoot, magic is alive
Alive is afoot, magic never died
God never sickened
Many poor men lied
Many sick men lied
Magic never weakened
Magic never hid
Magic always ruled
God is afoot, God never died
God was ruler
Though his funeral lengthened
Though his mourners thickened
Magic never fled
Though his shrouds were hoisted
The naked God did live
Though his words were twisted
The naked magic thrived
Though his death was published
Round and round the world
The heart did not believe

Many hurt men wondered
Many struck men bled
Magic never faltered
Magic always lead
Many stones were rolled
But God would not lie down
Many wild men lied
Many fat men listened
Though they offered stones
Magic still was fed
Though they locked their coffers
God was always served
Magic is afoot, God is alive
Alive is afoot

Alive is in command
Many weak men hungered
Many strong men thrived
Though they boast of solitude
God was at their side
Nor the dreamer in his cell
Nor the captain on the hill
Magic is alive
Though his death was pardoned
Round and round the world
The heart would not believe

Though laws were carved in marble
They could not shelter men
Though altars built in parliaments
They could not order men
Police arrested magic and magic went with them
Mmmmm.... for magic loves the hungry
But magic would not tarry
It moves from arm to arm
It would not stay with them
Magic is afoot
It cannot come to harm
It rests in an empty palm
It spawns in an empty mind
But magic is no instrument
Magic is the end
Many men drove magic
But magic stayed behind
Many strong men lied
They only passed through magic
And out the other side
Many weak men lied
They came to God in secret
And though they left Him nourished
They would not tell who healed
Though mountains danced before them
They said that God was dead
Though his shrouds were hoisted
The naked God did live
This I mean to whisper to my mind
This I mean to laugh within my mind
This I mean my mind to serve
Til' service is but magic
Moving through the world
And mind itself is magic
Coursing through the flesh
And flesh itself is magic
Dancing on a clock
And time itself
The magic length of God

Just because its a book it doesn't mean its true!

dsader wrote:
dpottle wrote:

how do u know that god is still creating the earth

Science.

And science does this how?

Hes saying thath the world is expanding because god is still creating galaxies. Then i said how Mr sader said that science found out that its expanding!

mkasyan wrote:
dsader wrote:
dpottle wrote:

how do u know that god is still creating the earth

Science.

And science does this how?

How about this approach? Science allows us the tools to look out at the really really big, or inward to zoom in on the really really small.

Looking out into space looks back into our past. The further we look the further into our past we gaze.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Tarantula_nebula_detail.jpg
Science provides us the tools to one day gaze so far, that we actually look back at the very beginning of the universe.

Looking outward at the big stuff shows creation is still at work. Gaze at the stars at night . . . creation at work.

Looking outward with the aide of the tools of science may one day answer a great question, where does the universe come from?

Now look at the small stuff.

Science labs have microscopes that look at the teensiest bits of stuff.

Zooming in so far may yield the secrets to how life starts from scratch. That's a mystery labs haven't yet solved. The stuff science discovers just gets smaller and smaller. The best I've heard is life created from already existing bits of living material. It would be cool if science could figure out how to create life from scratch, for the time being it simply demonstrates that life exists and living things come into existence all the time. We are here. We were created, . . . alive . . . original . . . unique . . . somehow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Calabi-Yau.png

Anyway, science may one day zoom in and measurably reproduce(pun not intended) the very beginning sparks of life from otherwise innate matter, but it hasn't yet. Where does life come from? It is here. It is continuously being created. Life is everywhere.

Very exciting if science can demonstrate that life exists(or did) on other planets.

Very perplexing if our scientific gaze outward and our gaze inward yield the same unified theory of the existence of everything.

That God created everything, and still creates, is as solid a single theory as any I've studied. My experiences in science have always increased my awe and wonder in God's creation.

41 (edited by dpottle 2009-11-05 10:11:25)

The world will end eventually with something like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Crunch and the universe will be born again with another http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang!

According to the Big Bang model, the Universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it, like raisins in a rising loaf of bread. The graphic scheme above is an artist's concept illustrating the expansion of a portion of a flat Universe.

dsader wrote:
dpottle wrote:

it began with the big bang thoery

What began the big bang?

A Star Going Super Nova started the Big Bang