Topic: The Bottle Imp-R.L.Stevenson

What would you wish for? What price would you pay??

Re: The Bottle Imp-R.L.Stevenson

It's easy to get caught up in greed, if you can have anything in the world it's challenging to consider the consequences of your decisions.

Exactly. I'm challenging you to consider your consequences and make your decision.

If you could have anything in the world what would you wish for, and would you consider the consequences?

I would wish for a more direct discussion, and I would never consider the consequences. Ever.

And how much would you pay for this wish?

Right now...somewhere in the range of $300.

Would you sell your soul to the devil to save the life of someone else?

Well this is a very interesting question, the truth is I really don't know. It would depend on who that person is.  Would you sell you soul to the devil to save the life of someone else?

As you say, it depends on the person. Perhaps for my family. Maybe. If they were lucky. I have this strange attraction to my own soul, you see. I don't really want it to rot in hell for all eternity. No offence, but I don't think I'd sell my soul for you. I mean that in the nicest possible way. ^_^

I would think it is natural to have an attraction to your own soul.  Well same to you Kesela, I don't think I would sell me soul for you.  Although it would be a very nice gesture!

Or is it natural? Is it selfish to not to sacrifice yourself for others? After all, Jesus sacrificed himself for us. Should we not be wiling to put our souls on the line for others? Isn't that whan Christianity is about?

This depends on perspective, Jesus gave is life for us.  He didn't sell his soul to the devil, there is a difference.