Topic: English 9 Course Focus Questions

So Mr.Sader has given us some choices on what we would like our course to be focused on. They are
    * Decisions–Action or Apathy
    * Environment and Technology–Reality and Responsibility
    * Equality–Pain and Pride
    * The Human Condition–In Search of Self
    * World Perspectives–The Social Experience.

Please post a reply as to what you would like our English course this year to be based on and why.

P.S. If you have no clue what I am talking about, the info is on Mr.Sader's blog. Here is the link. http://iblog.stjschool.org/dsader/2008/09/01/big-changes-in-the-mac-lab/

My choice would be Environment and Technology- Reality and Responsibility because it talks about the rights of animals and our effect on the environment. I think both of these things are important to discuss.

2 (edited by jtimpano 2008-09-17 14:30:03)

Re: English 9 Course Focus Questions

I would choose Decisions-Action or Apathy because it is about making choices about things in your everyday life. Also because most people have different choices then others. I think it would be a great thing to do with the class because that way we could see all the different decisions that people would make in a certain situation.

In my opinion, I would want to learn about Human Condition-in Search of Self.
Because there would be a lot of issues that we need to discuss within a
class. I think it would be great for us to actually get together and speak amongst
each other about our personal thoughts of life - and the world we live in.

My choice is Environment and technology. I choose those because I think they are both very important issues in our world today.

I would choose Decisions-Action or Apathy because the questions they ask you reflect in everyday questions.

6 (edited by klumayko 2008-09-17 15:12:42)

My choice is Environment and Technology- Reality and Responsibility because I believe that these are very important issues and they would be fun to learn about. We have a huge impact on our environment and we as people need to learn what we can do to make the world a cleaner and better place to live in. If we do decide to do this topic we will be able to watch such movies as 'Over The Hedge' 'The Day After Tomorrow' 'Hoot' and 'Erin Brockovich'. These movies are all about the environment and how human behavior affects it, whether in a positive or a negative way.

i would choose (Decisions–Action or Apathy). Because it includes the decisions we make in our everyday life, the things that we base our lives on, and the decisions we have to live with for the rest of our lives. I don't think a lot of us think about that, and it would be great to learn more about thinking twice, before making a decision.

I would choose Environment and Technology because it is important to every one in the world.

I would chooseThe Human Condition–In Search of Self cause the human condition of all of us is very different.

I would take theEnvironment and Technology–Reality and Responsibility choice because it helps us in the later years of our lives. I wouldn't like the Human Condition-in Search of Self because it would get to involving and we would get nowhere because we would probably argue over topics.

jtimpano wrote:

I would choose Decisions-Action or Apathy because the things you focus on in it is things that take place in your everyday life.

This is true, I think I would probably change my opinion to this topic as well.
In all reality we do need to figure out our decisions on every day life. This would
be a great way to discuss it with our class on our own decisions.

I agree with Craig due to the fact that our class is very argumentative and we always thing WE are right so the Human Condition topic would probably not get us very far.

I would choose (Decisions–Action or Apathy). I would choose this because it includes the decisions us as humans make in our everyday lives & also the decisions we have to live with for the rest of our lives.

What i would like to learn about is Decisions–Action or Apathy.
The reason i want to learn about this is because i want to
know what everybody thinks and decides. I wouldn't
mind people know what i think and decide in everyday life.

I would choose Decisions-Action and Apathy because we would get to know how everyone in the class thinks and what we would do in different situations.

My choice is Environment and Technology-Reality and Responsibility. I choose this topic because I think it is very important to know the impacts we are having on the environment because of the choices we make. I also think it is really important to know about the rights animals have and how to treat them.

I disagree with Kimmi i feel as the decisions and fundamentalists of the things we are basing our lives on, are a lot more important. Then if our class is opinionated and at times does not always agree with one other. We need to consider where our lives are going, and what were doing to prevent failing and not reaching our goal of where we would like to go. I disagree and hope you reconsider and think about the rest of your life.

I choose Environment and technology because I think it is important for people to know what harm they are doing to the environment and how they should improve on it.

It seem like Mr.Sader has picked, using our discussion here and his own mind, our focus question.  It is The Human Condition - In Search of Self. If you want to know why go to Mr.Sader's blog and it should be the most recent post.

I need help connectiong the right pair of films to these questions. Help by leaving a comment on my post,
LA 9 to Compare two films: Apples to Apples