Topic: Final Testing

Is our test about a book review?

Re: Final Testing

Big Mac wrote:

Is our test about a book review?

Consider the "Decisions–Action or Apathy" focus questions.

Focus your discussion on a book(s) you have read this term.

What ideas(s) does the author of your chosen text(s) reveal to you about values, beliefs, and pressures that surround decision making?

Pingback/comment your final post here.

http://iblog.stjschool.org/dsader/wp-content/blogs.dir/63/files//rubric.png

thank you

I have another question....

What does "How did that part relate to the world around me?" mean.

Big Mac wrote:

I have another question....

What does "How did that part relate to the world around me?" mean.

When we read something new, try to make it connect to something you know in the real world.

Example:

This part on page 63, "blabbity blab," reminds me of something I saw in the news last week. Yada yada yada....

thank you once again

So when we write our essay, (or book review??) and we used the text-to-text, text-to-self, and text-to-world...
What would you consider voice? Is it pretty much just putting I and our opinion into topics of the book?

sberg wrote:

So when we write our essay, (or book review??) and we used the text-to-text, text-to-self, and text-to-world...
What would you consider voice? Is it pretty much just putting I and our opinion into topics of the book?

Your connections, like your fingerprint, make your post unique.

So what I concluded from reading the book counts? Or how I could relate to the character's thoughts?

sberg wrote:

So what I concluded from reading the book counts? Or how I could relate to the character's thoughts?

The Confused Philosopher wrote:

A man is walking and encounters a fork in the road. One way leads to the city, and the other way leads to a castle of a wicked witch. He wants to get to the city, but does not know which road will lead him there. At the fork is a farmer. There are two kinds of farmers in the area: those that tell the truth all the time and those that lie all the time. We do not know which farmer this is, but the man only has time to ask one question of the farmer.

Which of the questions would ensure the man of finding the right road?

If I asked you "is this the road to town" (while pointing at one of the roads), would you say yes?

If I asked you "is this the road to town" (while pointing at one of the roads), would you tell the truth?

If I asked you "is this the road to town" (while pointing at one of the roads), would you tell a lie?

Which is the road to town?

Is this not the road that does not lead to town?