26 (edited by krochford 2015-02-12 23:18:25)

Re: Elizabethan Image and Symbol

Sam Smith: I know I'm not the only one
Lyrics:I have loved you for many years
These lyrics remind me about how Pyramus and Thisbe loved each other their whole life even though their parents did not allow it.

Fall Out Boy: Centuries
Lyrics: And just one mistake is all it will take
This can relate to how Pyramus thought Thisbe was dead and he wasn't there to save her. This resulted in him killing himself and Thisbe killing herself in honour after. Just one mistake lead to them both killing themselves.

28 (edited by skarwandy 2015-02-12 16:11:17)

Just give me a Reason, Pink ft. Nate Ruess: It's been written in the scars on our hearts
When when Thisbe used the sword to stab herself when she saw Pyramus laying dead in front of her.

Troy Sivan: "And I don't want to let this go
I don't want to lose control
I just want to see the stars with you
And I don't want to say goodbye
Someone tell me why"

I believe this lyrics relate to Pyramus and Thisbe because they just wanted to spend time together but got separated by fate.

Johnny Cash: Ring of Fire
Lyrics: Love is a burnin' thing,
And it makes a fiery ring
Bound by wild desire
I fell into a ring of fire.

This is one of the first songs that pop into my head when we were asked to compare Pyramus and Thisbe because of the relation between love and fire through out the song.

31 (edited by ccooper 2015-02-12 16:14:03)

all i want -kodaline
"When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side"

This lyrics relates to Pyramus and Thisbe because when Thisbe found Pyramus laying dead she felt alone and killed herself.

32 (edited by dking 2015-02-12 16:16:15)

OneRepublic - Counting Stars

''Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard,
Said, no more counting dollars
We'll be, we'll be counting stars

I feel the love and I feel it burn
Down this river, every turn
Hope is a four-letter word''

As we were reading Pyramus and Thisbe we talked about how stars are flame and flame is love and how after death our ''inner flame'' our ''soul'' leaves and ''becomes a star''. They were losing sleep so they could go to their ''meeting place''. For by the river, by the tomb, under the tree there was ''hope'' that they would meet. The stars can also be betrayed as the ''gods'' for the ''gods'' can alter their fate.

Ed Sheeran: "If you were here I'd sing to you. You're on the other side, as the skyline splits in two"

This relates to Pyramus and Thisbe because the wall was separating them.

Burn mars:Uptown funk

Bryan Adams: "And baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe"

Looking at the ending in Thisbe's perspective, I think this relates because she held Pyramus in her arms for one last time before dying.

Band Perry:
"If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in a river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song"

Pyramus dies before Thisbe because he thought that Thisbe was already dead. They also die next to a spring of water.  You wouldn't cross a river if it wasn't for love.

37 (edited by ccooper 2015-02-12 16:19:25)

Four five seconds -Rihanna
But you called 'bout a thousand times
Wondering where I've been

This relates Pyramus and Thisbe because Thisbe was worried if Pyramus wouldn't show up.

38 (edited by kadieken 2015-02-12 16:21:06)

The lyrics, "This love left a permanent mark, this love is glowing in the dark," from the song, This Love by Taylor Swift, relates to the story Pyramus and Thisbe. These lyrics relate to their love, which shines most brightly at night, when nobody can see them. The permanent mark that Pyramus and Thisbe leave, is the message that love should not be forbidden.

"But when you wish upon a dream
Life ain't always what it seems
What'd you see on a night so clear"
Earth Wind & Fire - Shining Star Lyrics

When the song said "Life ain't always what it seems" Its like when Pyramus didn't actually know what had happened. He thought that Thisbe had died, but life ain't always what it seems. The next line also mentions night. They both met each other at night.
"Found I had to stand alone"
Thisbe had to stand alone when Pyramus was dead.

Slipping thorugh my fingers- ABBA:

Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time

The time when Pyramus saw Thisbe was alive and not really killed he should of thought before doing anything stupid. If he stopped and thought instead of doubting. He can't freeze time and go back to that moment now.

Jake Owen: What we ain't got
lyrics: We all want what we ain't got,
Our favorite doors are always locked.

This relates to Pyramus and Thisbe because they want to be together but can't, the door they want to unlock is to find a way to be together. they want what they can't have... to be together.

Foo Fighters, Something from nothing
Lyrics:"Give me the flammable life"

We related love to fire in Pyramus and Thisbe, so to give someone a flammable life is to give them a life of love

Eric Church:
"They’re the in crowd, we’re the other ones
It’s a different kind of cloth that we’re cut from
We let our colors show, where the numbers ain’t
With the paint where there ain’t supposed to be paint"

There parents didn't want them to be together, but Pyramus and Thisbe wanted to be together.

Mr. Probs: Waves (Robin Schulz Remix)
Lyrics: I wish I could make it easy
Easy to love me, love me
But still I reach, to find a way
I'm stuck here in between
I'm looking for the right words to say

These lyrics relate to how badly Pyramus and Thisbe wanted to love each other easily, but they couldn't due to their circumstances. While there was a wall in between them, they reached to find a way; the crack. Once they had the means to talk to each other they weren't sure what to say, besides whisper words of love and yearning.

My mouth is frozen so I can't even speak
What a disappointment, I had it perfectly
What I was going to bring up suddenly
Stood like a stone as you stood quietly
You're making it hard for me
All I can do is freeze-Lights, Ice

When Thisbe saw Pyrumus infront of her she couldn't function or belieive that he was dead and killed herself infront of her.

Bruno Mars:Uptown funk lyrics
"Uptown funk you up"
This has to do with pyramus and thisbee, Were in a funk when there parents didn't let them see each other, so they had to talk to each other through the wall. They ran off after they got tired of not seeing each other and they ran off together and they got into more of a funk when they both ended up dying in the end.

47 (edited by mdyjur 2015-02-27 14:59:38)

Thinking our loud: Ed Sheeran
Lyrics: Take me into your loving arms, Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.

After Pyrmus Kills himself, Thisbe takes Pyrmus into her arms and, well kisses him under a thousand stars. The song that I chose really soots this. The lyrics describe what happens in the sorry perfectly.

48 (edited by rheck 2015-02-13 15:41:43)

ONEREPUBLIC-apologize
I'd take another chance,
Take a fall, take a shot for you, oh, oh.
I need you like a heart needs a beat,
But it's nothin' new, yeah!
I loved you with a fire red,
Now it's turnin' blue
And you say...
Sorry, like an angel
Heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

This song shows the love that they had and how quickly that it was lost. I'd take another chance: Thisbe wanted another chance to be with Pyramus so she killed her self. they felt that they needed each other to live so they killed themselves to be with each other. I loved you with a fire red, Now it's turnin' blue the fire symbolizes love and they loved each other so much that they killed themselves. if a fire dies out that means that love gone.... in this case it means that they died. at the end he was sorry that he killed himself and the last thing that he saw was her face, he thought it was her but couldn't be sure son he was sorry.

Eric Church: Talladega lyrics
Thisbe and Pyramus were in love but only saw each other at night. As the lyrics say " shooting roman candles at the man in the moon, tip the Alabama sun was breaking. They could be in love and romantic at night but as soon as the sun came out the  romance ended.

Mackenzie Porter - If You Ask Me To Lyrics
Lyrics: 'Cause red is the colour I'd bleed for you
If you ask me to

I believe this relates to the story because both Thisbe and Pyramus gave their own life just to be with the other. so they bled for one another.