Topic: The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan

This book begins with a big war having a great ending. The Titans have returned from their prison in Tartarus and are waging war on the Gods in modern-day New York City. This magical world is hidden to most mortals, but Percy Jackson isn't just some mortal.  Percy and his allies must stop the Titans from destroying Olympus, which is now located on the magical six-hundredth floor of the Empire State building. Will Percy and the rest of the gang stop the Titans from destroying Olympus?

Re: The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan

Percy has to defend Olympus from the evil titan named Kronos. Kronos, who has reincarnated in the body of Percy's old friend, Luke, has sworn an oath of vengeance to destroy Olympus. He has been grouping all these superhumans and monsters for a whole year for this huge battle. Will Kronus and his army have enough for the powerful Percy Jackson?

3 (edited by kaiden.chase 2017-12-21 12:15:39)

Percy is head on a drive through New York with her beloved friend, Rachel Dare. Rachel Dare is a mortal friend of Percy who really strives for greatness and the well being of others. It has hinted in the previous books and this current book that Rachel has a crush on Percy. Will they be able to stay together and still stay friends? Or will they be more?

If Kronos is successful he will end the age of the Gods and start an age of Titans. To distract the gods from their seats of power in Olympus, Kronos will launch a series of other attacks on the home of Poseidon, the ocean. This attack releases a horrific monster that goes by the name of Typhon. Typhon reminds me of all the horrific tornados that have been taking place this past year. Will the Gods be able to fight off the terrifying Titans?

Typhon is sent on a mission of destruction from his prison under Mount St. Helens to New York. Typhon's plan is to destroy the Gods and Olympus if he is able, but if he fails he will just act as a distraction. Poseidon is staying in his fortress so he will not have to join the battle. This reminds me whenever the dishes need to be done in my house I will hide in my "fortress". Will Poseidon ever come out to join the war?

6 (edited by kaiden.chase 2018-01-07 21:24:34)

The remaining Olympian gods leave New York to do battle with Typhon, leaving Olympus virtually undefended. This is leaving Olympus in a very vulnerable position. However, Percy has seen in a prophetic dream that Kronos will indeed invade New York and that only he and his half-blood peers from Camp Half-Blood are left to defend against the invasion. Do you think Percy's dream is correct?

Percy and his friends are getting worried because if they are left to defend Olympus they will get beaten up bad by the Titans. This leads them to start preparing for the big fight. That reminds me of when I studied for my big social test. Will Percy and his friends be properly prepared for the war?

Percy's terrifying dream was unfortunately right. Percy and his friends were left to defend Olympus from the wrath of the crazy Titans. Even though the Titans were incredibly strong, Percy and his friends believed they prepared perfectly for the situation. Do you think that these kids can defeat these stong beasts.

In order to stand against an overwhelming army and to fight Kronos Percy accepts the offer of his friend Nico, son of Hades, and bathes in the river Styx. After bathing in the river his body becomes immortal except for one small point at the small of his back, Percy then continues to lead the defense of Manhattan. Will the boys pull out a victory?

After a series of brutal battles against overwhelming odds, after slaying several mythical monsters, Percy and his friends catch up to Kronos in the throne room of the main palace at Olympus. After fight Kronus for a bit, Annabeth gets injured and is left in a very vulnerable place. Annabeth had to hide from Kronus so he wouldn't kill her. Will Annabeth make it out alive?