Topic: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The book I am reading is the Maze Runner. This is a science fiction book written by James Dashner. I like this book and books like it because they are futuristic and usually have a great story. This book is all about person versus society where a group named W.I.C.K.E.D is trying to find a cure for a virus that attacks the brain and turns people into zombie-like crazy people. Although they are trying to save the world it comes at the lives of a bunch of teenagers for they have to put them under a series of dangerous tests to try to figure out how the brain reacts to certain situations.

Re: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

In the first few chapters of this book Thomas (protagonist) unknowingly has his memory wiped by W.I.C.K.E.D and is sent up into the glade (a mysterious village where everyone is put under the dangerous tests). Since his memory has been wiped it almost feels like a new life except for the fact that he remembers a few odd things like animals and their names and some images of large cities in the world. Thomas finds himself extremely confused and terrified but most of all just wants answers.

Re: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

After the initial shock and terror flees from Thomas he realizes just how little he actually knows about his new life and the world. His mind is instantly flooded with questions like where am I, How old I am why is there no girls here. Although odd one of the very few things he remembers is his name and that is Thomas, he has no memory of his last name. He then realizes that he had not been moving for a while and realizes that someone who introduces himself as Albi had been trying to talk to him. After meeting some people his mind comes to the attention of the massive stone walls with for entrances surrounding the place and someone tells him that it is a giant maze and that the walls close every night and the maze shifts. He has a very hard time comprehending this until It comes time and the defining grinding and shrieking sound of stone on stone alerts the closing if the walls.