Topic: Charlotte's Web by: White

In my book Charlotte's Web I have got to chapter 10.  There was a runt in a group of spring pigs and Mr. Arable was going to butcher him, but Fern (Mr. Arable's daughter) stopped him and saved him from death.  Fern decided to name the pig Wilbur and brought him into the Arable family.  As Wilbur got older he started to cause trouble; So Wilbur had to go to Mr. Zuckerman's farm to live with the other livestock.  Wilbur feels lonely until one day he met Charlotte, a beautiful silver/grey spider, who decided to be Wilbur's friend.  One day Wilbur then hears from the sheep that Mr. Zuckerman was fattening Wilbur up to butcher him, Wilbur doesn't want to die; so Charlotte tries to save Wilbur's life.  I'm not done the book yet but so far I love this classic and I hope to find other classics just as enjoyable.

Re: Charlotte's Web by: White

In my book Charlotte's Web I've gotten to chapter 13. After Wilbur heard from the sheep that he was going to be butchered, Charlotte decided to try and find a way to save his life. Charlotte hung upside down until towards the middle of July the idea came,  and people are very gullible.  In the morning Avery and Fern came to the Zuckerman farm, Avery had a frog with him that was kinda half dead but still had enough energy to try and escape jumping into soapy water, then into the freshly baked pie Mrs. Zuckerman made, the kids ran of and went Mr. Zuckermans famous swing and played for hours.  After the kids got tuckered out they went up to the barn to see everyone in the barn house.  Avery seen Charlotte and became a greedy and wanted Charlotte for his nasty collection and said "That's a fine spider and I'm going to capture it".  Wilbur was horrified when he heard what Avery was going to do, Wilbur charged at Avery and knock him into the trough, but Templeton's Goose egg was underneath, exposing a horrible smell, Avery and Fern ran off.  That night Charlotte worked hard at her plan to save Wilbur's life. in the morning Charlotte's web wrote "Some Pig" which worked perfectly into tricking Zuckerman.  Everyone heard about Zuckerman's unusual pig and Wilbur became famous.  Soon Charlotte had to make a new word to trick Zuckerman again to save Wilbur's life.

In my book Charlotte's web I've gotten to chapter 15. After everyone had seen Wilbur and Charlotte's web saying "Some Pig" Charlotte needed a new word to trick Mr. Zuckerman once again. Charlotte called a meeting with everyone in the barn for a new word, the sheep gave ideas, the cows thought, the horses thought, then the Goose and the Gander gave the idea "Terrific, Terrific, Terrific!" that was then changed to only one terrific.  That night Charlotte work on the new word and in the morning when Mr. Zuckerman and Lurvey seen terrific everyone had heard of the new miracle.  After the second miracle Mr. Zuckerman decided to bring Wilbur to the County fair and sent Lurvey to build Wilbur and big crate painted in green with gold letters saying "Zuckerman's Famous Pig".  That night Charlotte asked Templeton to get a paper clipping for a new word and after a few tries Templeton came back with "Radiant" and Charlotte went straight to work to trick Zuckerman once again.

Currently in my book Charlotte's web in on chapter 18.  That night everyone was dreaming about the County fair and Wilbur, Fern, Avery, Mr. and Mrs. Arable, Lurvey, and Mr./Mrs. Zuckerman.  In the morning Wilbur was given a buttermilk bath and got all cleaned up by Mrs. Zuckerman so he would look his best for the fair.  Everyone was preparing and getting the things required to get Wilbur to the fair. Charlotte decided to go with Wilbur to the fair to watch over Wilbur, and the sheep managed to trick Templeton into going as well by telling him all the wondrous food that the people dropped and spilled. Once it was time for Wilbur to go Charlotte and Templeton snuck into the crate and hid.  The sheep told Wilbur to be stubborn so then he would seen normal and Wilbur did as he was told and did his best to be stubborn.  Finally Wilbur got in the crate and got to the fair.

Currently I've gotten to chapter 19. Wilbur has finally gotten to the County fair and sees at the food, rides, and people.  Once the day is finally over Wilbur falls asleep from his long day.  That night Charlotte asks Templeton to find her one more word to try and save Wilbur's life.  Templeton comes back after snacking the word "Humble", Charlotte thanks him and goes to work.  In the morning Wilbur sees Charlotte'e web and her egg sack containing five hundred and fourteen eggs.

In my book I'm on chapter 20.  In the morning once everyone was awake, the Arable's and the Zuckerman's went to go visit Wilbur's pen, but soon realised that Uncle the pig next door to Wilbur had already won first prize. Then an announcement was said that there was a special award and Wilbur was called to the stage to see the judges.  Everyone got Wilbur's crate ready and went to bring Wilbur to the judges.  Templeton and Charlotte went and hid in the crate.  Wilbur was now ready to go to the stage and see the judges.

I have finally finished my book. Wilbur was so nervous when he went to go see the judges, he ended up fainting on the stage in front of the judges and the crowd.  Templeton managed to wake Wilbur up by biting his tail and Wilbur sprung to life.  Wilbur was then given his medal and soon after he was brought back to his pen in the fairgrounds.  Wilbur noticed that Charlotte was being quiet.  Wilbur asked Charlotte what was happening and she told Wilbur that she was slowly dying.  Wilbur and Charlotte had a very emotional moment, and Wilbur realised that Charlotte couldn't come with him back to the barn with him but he could save Charlotte's egg sac.  Wilbur then frantically tried to get the old rat Templeton to carefully get the egg sac, but Templeton was being stubborn so Wilbur made a deal with the rat which convinced him to safely get Charlotte's egg sac.  Finally Templeton got the egg sac and it was time for Wilbur to leave the fairgrounds, as Wilbur was leaving with all of Charlotte's strength she managed to tell Wilbur "Good-bye".  Once Wilbur got back to the barn cellar everyone gave him a big welcome back.  Wilbur put Charlotte egg sac in a safe, warm place and protected it.  Winter eventually came and everyone in the barn was trying to keep warm the sheep, the cows, the geese, the rat, and Wilbur who has never seen snow with Charlotte's egg sac.  Finally one day the old sheep said that spring was finally here and almost everyday the was a newborn lamb, the goose was sitting on nine eggs, and so the barn was full of newborn babies.  Wilbur patiently watched and waited on Charlotte's egg sac to hatch, until one day Wilbur noticed the egg sac moving and finally a little, tiny spider crawled out, then two, then four, the eight, then ten, until all the little spiders were out into their new home. Wilbur was so excited about Charlotte's children, and they would walk everywhere exploring their new home.  One day though, Mr. Zuckerman opened the door on the North side, that a nice warm breeze followed in,  Charlotte's children noticed the breeze and created balloons out of their webbing stings, they took flight and told Wilbur good-bye.  Wilbur was mortified that Charlotte's children were leaving him all alone, and Wilbur then cried himself to sleep.  When Wilbur woke up she seen the egg sac  was empty and there was no more little spiders in the air.  Out of nowhere Wilbur heard a small voice saying "Salutations!" and Wilbur had never been so happy to hear that he wasn't alone, he looked up and saw three little spiders in the doorway.  Wilbur asked for their names but they didn't have names, so they asked some questions which gave them the names Joy, Aranea, and Nellie.  Wilbur was so happy to see that he had friends who stayed to be with him.  Day after day, year after year, Wilbur's friends died and new ones were born as he got older and older, but none of Charlotte's grandchildren or great grandchildren could every take Charlotte's special place in his heart.  And that's the end of my book, Thank you for listening/reading.