1 (edited by sean.espiritu 2018-09-12 09:34:14)

Topic: "No Easy Day" By Mark Owen

Today, the book that I will be explaining and talking about is called, “No Easy Day” made by the author, Mark Owen. The main plot introduces the main protagonist, Mark Owens, which the author himself, works and serves for the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, also could be abbreviated as, “DEVGRU.” The main goal of Mark and his entire platoon of soldiers is to attempt to put a halt to the terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan, leading in the terrorist’s command is Osama Bin Laden, which is actually the main antagonist group of his whole life story. Now for my opinion of this entire story, it is absolutely great, the action, and the somewhat included comedy would definitely make me interested more in this book. It would even sometimes inspire me to most likely serve in the military and protect people, even if everything that they do would be hard, painful missions and even may take life sacrifices, I would still do so in order to do good for the country. I would definitely recommend it to readers that absolutely love reading and imagining the life experiences of soldiers and what they mostly do everyday serving the military. Even an experienced NAVY soldier does quote that the only easy day was yesterday, possibly proving how hard it would be when serving for his country and how stressful it could be not seeing your family for months, or even years.

Re: "No Easy Day" By Mark Owen

It’s been at least 1 week or so, yet the book itself is still pretty much full of great experiences in every mission that Mark took back in Iraq. I am now finished chapter eight, which leads me to chapter 9. A quick recap to what happened in chapter eight, was that a squad member named Phil, which was known as the leader in Mark’s squadron, was injured during one of their mission, the possible injury was somewhere at the area of his legs, it had a brutal cut which made him bleed lots of blood out, which would have made him die from blood loss. When he was sent by force back to his home to recover, the platoon appointed Mark as leader since he was basically the only person who possibly knew who to lead his team to victory and make strategies during firefights. When Mark was appointed as leader for a while, a returning teammate in one of Mark’s old squad, the GREEN team, was Charlie, also known as the “Big Bully” the origins of this nickname was unknown, because it was never stated in any of the chapters from Chalk I to Chapter 9, but maybe I will find out in future chapters. Either way this book still is making me intrigued and curious to what might possibly happen, will Phil be able to come back after his accident? Who knows?  But I will be able to know when I read futher into the chapters.

I am finally close to the ending of the book and I am starting to get excited to know how the book ends. After reading a few chapters, they finally have an idea to where Osama Bin Laden’s hideout is, this is all thanks to another group from the same country infiltrating and exposing important information of the terrorists, including Bin Laden’s hideout that I have mentioned earlier. They are also preparing for a plan to successfully bring down Bin Laden Forces once and for all.

In this next chapter, after they made the plan, “Operation Neptune Spear” they finally decided to put it into to action. They first travelled from Jalalabad to Abbottabad using the air forces “Black Hawks” and the “Chinook” to transport the soldiers. As soon as they reach Osama Bin Laden’s compound, they separated sites, naming them ALPHA to ECHO in order for them to have an idea of what sites they will be moving into. When putting this plan into action, they sat at their required positions and proceeded to move out. The first platoon cleared the rooftops and the second moved into the compound, mowing down the guards that blocked their way in, the third platoon was full of snipers, setting up a “camp” to support and guard the people attempting to escape. After the second platoon cleared both first and second floors, they rushed into the last floor to eliminate the biggest threat, Osama Bin Laden.

5 (edited by sean.espiritu 2018-09-28 09:27:58)

After the elimination of Bin Laden, the EOD tech made a mistake by placing down charges and explosive inside the compound, his real target was the crash landed “Black Hawk.” After the clearance of the mistake that occurred, they took pictures of Bin Laden’s dead body in order to have evidence and confirmation of Bin Laden’s death during the Operation. When this all passed, they prepared to blow up the charges planted near the compound and took off in their transporting air forces.

When they were transported back to Jalalabad, Afghanistan, they made their way back their Headquarters and needed to do a research and confirm Bin Laden’s death. As this process was being examined, Mark Owen approached a CIA analyst to show him the photos of Bin Laden’s full body to release into the public news, newspapers, and other types of media. In the same day at 11:35 P.M., The president of U.S.A, Barack Obama, appeared on T.V. to show his appreciation to the military for eliminating the number one threat to the world as a terrorist, Osama Bin Laden. Surprisingly, none of the crew members were fans of Obama, but they did at least respect him as the commander in chief military and for giving them the green light on the missions.

One full month of reading, I am finally on chapter 19, “Touch the Magic” which is basically the last chapter of this amazing, action packed, biography of a NAVY SEAL soldier fighting to cause the death of Bin Laden’s death. This chapter is simple, Mark Owen and his group of SEAL has stopped Bin Laden’s terrors and is now able to take a break for at least 1 month to have a vacation and meet his family and friends once again. When they landed from Jalalabad to Ohio, they were greeted with many news reporters covering their way and unknown people wanting to say thank you and handshake they face to face, even if they had to handshake through all of them, they had a sweet reward waiting for them full of cold beer and hot pizzas. But right after one month passes, they would have to meet up in their conference room and return to their “Work” schedules, 1 week off busy work, 1 week of planning and getting into action. Unfortunately this book does not have any booms the continues the story from where it left off, but there are other books just like this one made by the same author and NAVY soldier, Mark Owen. Again I do recommend this to readers that love action and what the experience would be like work as a NAVY SEAL.