Topic: Insurgent by: Veronica Roth

In the part of the book 'Insurgent' I just read, Tobias beat his father in front of all the other Dauntless members. He did this because when he was a child his father beat him repeatedly. If my parents ever beat me like that I probably would have run away from home and gone to live with someone else.

Re: Insurgent by: Veronica Roth

In the part of the book I just read, Shauna got shot in the back because Lynn tried to shoot a dauntless traitor but missed and they shot back. This reminded me of a time we were out hunting with my uncle and cousins. There was a deer in the distance that my uncle was going to try and shoot. He had his gun lined up and ready to shoot, but just as he was about to pull the trigger my cousin stood up and was in the direct path of the gun. If my uncle would have shot a split second second sooner he would have shot my cousin.

Currently in the book ‘Insurgent’, three dauntless members were put under a stimulation where they were standing at the edge of a building and were going to jump after they gave a message to Christina and Tris, who came and saved 2 out of 3 of them. The message said if a divergent came to the Erudite they would stop killing dauntless members this way. Tris felt as if it was her responsibility as a divergent to go and sacrifice herself for all the others. Everyone tried to stop her but she still feels like she has to. If I was in this situation I would feel the same way, but at the same time I wouldn’t. I would feel like I am letting people be killed even tho they are good people who had done nothing wrong. But at the same time, there is many solutions to fix this matter that doesn’t involve sacrificing your life.

4 (edited by hkisinger 2018-10-02 13:34:46)

A few days ago I finished the book ‘Insurgent’. In the ending of this book there was a war between all the factions. In this book the different factions are like sections you are divided into. There are four different factions, Dauntless, Abnigation, Candor, Amity, and Erudite. Each of these factions stand for different things such as, Dauntless members are care-free and kind of like daredevils. Abnigation members are the ones who care not at all for themselves and only for others. Candor members are the ones who value honesty and balanced society. Amity members are all against violence and the Erudite members hold all the knowledge. People were killed, betrayed each other, and sacrificed almost everything in this war. With all the different events taking place it was difficult to know what would happen next, and it kept me on my toes the whole time. I would highly recommend this series of books to anyone who enjoys a roller coaster of feelings while reading a book, and I can’t wait to start the next book ‘Allegiant’