Topic: "Caine Mutiny" BY Herman Wouk

The Book I have read for this month of October is called, “The Caine Mutiny” which was produced by a great author called Herman Wouk, his age today is 102. The possible main plot for this entire story is to defend against the German invasion on sea where world war II is occurring. The main character and protagonist for this story is Willie Keith, when reading the book for the first time, Keith seemed to be an immature, weak and spoiled person, he also had actions that may have possibly disconnected him from his protective mother, but as days and months passed, Keith seems to have matured more and more when he joined the NAVY. The main antagonists for this story is obviously the German army, attempting to invade the seas of possibly Great Britain. Now, honestly, when I first found this book, I was going to expect a book that was going to be similar to the previous book I have read, “No Easy Day” but  only differences would be making the book a fiction book and took place in the past days of World War II Instead of today, so I gave it a shot. But after reading the book for awhile, my thoughts on this book changed, the story itself was incredible, it was filled with action (Fighting on the seas against the Axis), drama (Main protagonist has frequent problems while in a relationship with a lady), and maybe even biography (telling a story about life in the Royal NAVY), these kinds of books are the ones that I am very interested in and I do recommend this book to people who love to read books about war, drama, unexpected “transitions”, and action.

Re: "Caine Mutiny" BY Herman Wouk

After reading the first chapter of the book, it was very short even if it had some good details. I was then introduced to another character which I have only mentioned as “Willie’s Lady.” Her real name is actually May Wynn, at first she seemed like any other woman in some books that I have read, with the same stereotype, being nice and all that. But the next thing that would happen would be probably unexpected, she changed or “transitioned” into a state where she became from nice to an unexpectedly tempered woman. Even when she knew that Willie had to go to war for the sake of his country, she would get tempered easily at Willie for leaving her all the time bringing up some relationship problems between both characters.

On this chapter I finally got to read about Willies crew, introducing his Captain, Grimm. Judging him, I thought he was called Grimm because of how stern and harsh he would be during war or businesses, but as I read through the paragraph about him, I instead was introduced with him being actually not a harsh nor stern person and was just pleasant around his crew mates. Even when they have done a mistake, he would forgive them and dismiss them. Next up was some other crewmates he was working with, Grimm (Captain), Keefer, and others. They didn’t get as much details as the captain though.

Another chapter about May Wynn, but this time, it has the details about her relationship problems with Willie. This all started as a problem because she kept complaining that even if she knew it was the sake of their country, she cant keep patient for another 3 more months, so instead of them being a happy couple. May breaks the relationship between them and says goodbye, shedding some tears as she walks away. After this mess for Willie has passed, he had to deal with another one, but this time, it’s even worse. As Willie returned to his crew and captain, he got a “few” demerit points for being very late. But because his captain is a merciful person, he forgives him and dismisses this issue and invited Willie to a party. The possible reason for this is possibly because of how great Willie is at playing the piano and how he can pick up the rhythm of a song he has never heard of before.