Topic: The Summer That Made Us By: Robyn Carr

The Summer That Made Us is a science and fantasy fiction book. This book takes us into a family who’s lives were spend at a lake. The family spend each summer at the lake until one day there youngest daughter Bunny drowned. After years and years went by the family never went back until Meg, one of the other daughters got stage 4 breast cancer. Meg went through many treatments and wasn’t sure how much longer she had to live. Meg decided to call the oldest daughter Charley and put the idea of spending the summer at the lake just like when they were little. Charley wasn’t sure about that idea but proceeded to help her sister make this happen. I can relate to this story so far because I love spending time at the lake and always want to go back.

Re: The Summer That Made Us By: Robyn Carr

Recently in my book I learned more about the characters. I learned that when Meg was first diagnosed with cancer she was in a coma for a year. Over that year a lot of things had changed to her family. First that was the summer that Bunny had drowned and second Charley was forced to move away. Meg didn’t know much about what had happened so she started asking questions. When Meg found out about what had happened to Bunny she started to have a panic attack. I can relate to this section of the story because I like I have missed out on somethings sometimes and often tend to sort of panic when something I wasn’t expecting is thrown at me.

In the past chapter a lot of events took place, Charley hired a designer to redesign and fix up the lake house, Meg wrote and mailed out invites to family member and I was introduced to a new character. Charley spent a few days at the lake house where she hired a designer named Melissa. Melissa started to clean up the house, buy new furniture and other items to make the place brand new.
While Charley and Melissa worked on the lake house Meg was busy writing letter to everyone who she could remember that was at the lake during the summers before. Meg invited them to come spend the summer at the lake just like how when they were kids. One of the letters went to a family member of Megs which was a girl her age named Hope. Hope had a husband and two daughters. Hope usually spend the summer at a cove but she decided to change here plans when she got this letter. I can relate to this chapter by remembering how I spend my at the lake with all of my family and close friends. I loved spending it with them and going on boat and tube rides as well as staying up late and sitting around the fire.

In the past chapter the story continued and told me more about Hope and her life. Recently Hope had got into a divorce and was separated from her two daughters who went to live with their father. Hope had completely changed, she never left her house, she gained lots of weight and spent every day laying around and watching TV and her house was really messy. Even thought Hope and her husband were divorced he still continued to pay all her bill, pay for gas in her car, and let her live in his old 12 bedroom, 6000 squared feet house. When hope got the letter from Meg she called her ex and was trying to convince him to come with her and let her take the girls to the lake for the summer. I can relate to this chapter because my parents are separated and I spend half time with my mom and the other with my dad. I know what this type of life feeling like and I may not like it but its just a part of life and that's the way i have to live it.

5 (edited by kenna.dewing Yesterday 09:35:35)

The lake house had been all finished up but just needed some little decorative touches. Charley had travelled into town where she had picked out lots of towels, rugs, dished and other things or various colours to decorate the lake house and make sure it was perfect for when Meg arrived. The Next Morning Charley had awaken to a lady wearing ratty, dirty clothes sitting on a chair just outside the house. The lady didn't move or make any sound. Charley took a few minutes to just sit and watch what she was doing and think about who it might be. Charley figured out who it was and went outside to greet her. The lady had been one of her cousins named Kristy. Kristy had been in prison for committing a murder and had recently been released by one of her lawyers. I can relate to this chapter because when I am older one of my jobs that I would like to do is become a interior designer and design homes and building just like how Charley had picked out decor and items and designed the lake house remodel.