Topic: As Dead As It Gets By:Katie Alender

The bad news is ghosts are everywhere there in you kitchen, in your living room watching you when you are watching a scary movie with your friend, and watching you when you have fights with your parents. The good news is that you'll never know it. Even if you try to summon them with the silly games where you go into a dark bathroom and say the name of the ghost you want to come and as much as it would love to come a pop you pretty little head right off your body, you probably won’t ever eve com close to a ghost in your life, but someone did a teenage girl named Alexis she saw them in every photo she took and every place she went. There was one ghost in particular that was always by her side looking for revenge. A girl she new from school had died she had been murdered and Alexis was a witness of the murder. The dead girls name was Lydia. Alexis and her friend Jared were out on a walk in the park taking pictures of nature, Alexis was scared to take pictures because she thought that she might see a ghost in then so she would casually take a few to not make anything look to obvious. As they walked down the trail a little further she grabbed her camera held it up and moved it down slowly after every click, after she had taken those pictures she wanted to look at them to see if there were any ghosts, they were all clear until she got to the last on. There was what looked to be like a little boy between ages 3-5 outside by him self in a winter coat, Alexis said "oh no" then got Jared's attention saying "there was a boy, I saw his he was young", Jared replying quick sawing "what, where!", " over there I think he might have moved, should we go look for him?" Alexis replied, "of course it was to cold to for a little child to be outside". As they walked faster and faster down the path turning the corner Alexis stopped, the little boy was right in front if her she then slowly stepped to the side walking behind it when she realised it was a ghost and got an unpleasing sight the little boy had a huge dent in he's head. Jared stepped through the little boys ghost getting the chills as he went towards Alexis, she started crying on Jared's shoulder, Jared consoled her says " its okay, you've been through a lot, everyone always needs a good cry". After that eventful moment Alexis was sweating under all her layers and they decided to head back to there vehicles. As Alexis left is began to rain and the roads were slick and made her car spin out of control, but then she saw a bright light next to her and it was the ghost of Lydia back again to murder her.

Re: As Dead As It Gets By:Katie Alender

As Alexis was on her way home Lydia's ghost was sitting in the passenger's seat of her mom's car. As she pulled into the garage and parked the car, she got out and headed to the door that lead to the hallway into the house. Before she was able to open the door to enter Lydia's ghost was there and Alexis had the nerve to just walk right through her but she hated the feeling of being pushed into the waters of and ice cold pool. Alexis started by saying "move!" and the she continued that with " okay i get it you hate me, you want to kill me and you tried once but failed so can you just leave me alone now?". Lydia's ghost replied saying "Why would I let a murderer have a good life, and i'll leave you alone when I feel like it", her ghost moved a step closer to Alexis then went right through her and back around through her again Alexis had chills that causes her to weaken and fall to the ground and when she looked up she saw Lydia's ghost hunched over and when she talked it was weak and quite. Lydia turned and walked through the door and she could then hear the lock turn, she banged on the door a couple times hoping her parents or sister would hear her but there was no luck. Alexis decided to then go to the other door and as she turned the key to open in her sister was standing there her eyes wide glancing over her Alexis's wet and shivering body. As she entered the house her dad called " did you get any good photographs?", "not really, i'm starting to lose interest in it you know?" Alexis replied, with no answer she continued to her bedroom. When she was coming out she went to the couch sat down and turned on the T.V. and the news reports were dressed in Christmas sweaters laughing then the female reported said " A Christmas Tragedy", Alexis was more interested no, as she continued watching the reporter said " Surrey police are investigating the disappearance of 16 year old Kendra Charnow", as the show continued on the news cameraman was in the helicopter showing the forest of where they were looking. Alexis saw a bright light in the corner of the T.V and thought there was something wrong with the T.V but then realised there wasn't when the Camera moved closer to it. She then went to her room and grabbed her car keys, her dad asking “ where are you going?” , “just out, i’ll be back in a while”. Later she was at the park and she saw the parking lot full of police cars and news vans so she continued down the road and parked at an abandoned cafe. She was going to look for Kendra.

Alexis climbed on the trail and up a cliff looking for Kendra when she got to the cliff she realized it was a dead end and was going to turn back but she decided to climb down the cliff instead. She carefully made her way down the cliff trying not to slip on loose rocks or weeds, she was accompanied by Lydia when she was at the bottom asking where she put Kendra and Lydia said “behind you”. Kendra was laying as if she had been run over by a car she had her eyes closed, Alexis quicklys ran over to check Kendra’s pulse. Her eyes slowly opened and she whispers “ Water, water, I need water”, Alexis grabbing her water bottle from her bag pressed it against her lips saying “drink slowly take your time everything is going to be okay. I will call for help and you will be safe in no time”. As she was about to call for help she asked Kendra what she was running form and and she said “ you Alexis, I was running from you”, then Kendra’s eyes closed and Alexis was going to call again but hesitated and thought what if they think I tried to kill her? What if they think that’s why I was out here? The police would understand but my parents and sister wouldn’t believe that I was just out for a hike. So Alexis when back to the diner and used the pay phone to tell them her location and headed home, when she got home she saw it on the news. The reported said “ The 16 year old girl has been found her location was called in on a pay phone from and abandon diner and she in now in hospital”. After that she went to a party with her sister, she went and sat by the table with the snacks and drinks seeing many familiar faces and had a very weird conversation with her best friend Megan that she hadn’t talked to in months. After her friend left Lydia appeared still torturing her, she sent a chill through Alexis’s body causing her to drop her punch, then Lydia was mimicking her so before she had decided to ruin anyone else's night she decided to leave the party.

As she was driving back home, Lydia sitting next to her in the passenger seat mocking Alexis’s every move. Alexis saw her phone light up with the name Mom on the screen, she thought that she’d better answer the text before she got grounded, pulling into the emergency lane she picked up her phone and read the message from her Mom. “ K said you left the party early, is everything okay? When are you going to be home?”, “soon I’m just going to grab some coffee”, still in the emergency lane she looked over at Lydia saying “you need to stop trying to kill me because the next thing you do I will go to your power source and SHUT YOU DOWN”. Lydia's mocking smile turned into a frown “ but I was just having fun”, “well your fun is officially done”Alexis replied  “your a little over sensitive Alexis” she said sadly then vanished. When Alexis was turning her key to start her car there was a roar then nothing and she tried again but still nothing, who do I call? She asked herself she couldn’t call her parents or her best friend, so she called Jared, soon he drove up putting his Jeep to the front of Alexis’s popping the hood up and hooking up two booster cables and before you new it her car was running. Saying her thanks she went inside her car soaking wet as it had begun to poor ran. Jared was in his car and out of site but then Alexis got a phone call from Jared asking if she wanted to come over for some hot chocolate, as much as she wanted to say yes she said that she best be getting home as her parents would be worried about her. Once she hung up the phone she heard a cry and it sounded like it was right next to her, she looked around frantically at the field looking for a person that could be injured, she stepped out of her car and walked towards the field, into the field deeper she walked she heard the cry get louder and louder as if it was right next to her, she looked around some more seeing nothing she began calling Lydia’s name. After she had called her name the cry stopped and a laugh started, it grew louder and louder every step that was taken, Alexis yelled “ Lydia, if your trying to kill me you didn’t hold  your end of the deal so I guess that means..” getting cut off by a laugh still it was growing louder and louder she spun around then began to run as fast as she could, she tripped on a stick that had been left there from harvest but quickly got up continued running but was clothes lined by something forcing her to the ground unable to breathe.

Unable to breathe she slowly tried to sit up but with no luck she was forced to the ground, trying her hardest she pulled a crisp breathe in and out filling her lungs with fresh air. She was being beat up by a ghost tossed in all directions smashing her face against the ground causing the flesh to tare, she curled into a ball so he face could no longer be touched. Lydia backed away and left causing the fight to be over, Alexis got up and made her way back to the car she began walking but it quickly turned it into a jog as she got closer to her car a further from Lydia and then into a run. Once she had reached the car she got in, looked in the rear view mirror at her face seeing the sweat and blood mixing turning her white hair pink, she couldn’t possibly return home bloody because her parents would ask to many questions and if she went to the coffee shop everyone would look at her funny because she would be soaked and bleeding. The next thing you new she was on the front porch of Jared’s house ringing the doorbell regretfully and wanting to run away. Jared stood at the front door with a concerned expression on his face he said “Alexis?” then offered her inside, he grabbed a washcloth, a bowl of water, a roll of bandages, and a cup of hot chocolate. After he was done cleaning and bandaging her face he disappeared Alexis was scared wanting to leave, but then he came back with a pile of clean clothes, dry cloths for her to change into. She changed into the cloths and brought the wet ones for him to take and dry and went to the couch, she laid there in silence with Jared sitting in the chair across from her then leaving to get something to drink. With Alexis’s head against the armrest of the coach she relaxed and before you new it Jared had sat next to her and she was leaned up against him. Looking into his eyes she said “ what happened to night… won't happen again”, “ that's good because when I saw you standing at the door like that I was ready to kill whoever did that to you” Jared replied, Alexis didn’t know what to say so everything stayed quite. The metal cuckoo clock on the wall went off 12 O’clock, Alexis turned her head looking right in Jared’s deep dark brown eyes “ Happy New Years” and giving him a kiss she closed her eyes and opened them slowly, “I’ve been waiting for this” Jared said with a happy tone. The next day Alexis when to the bathroom when she woke up to cover her bruises and comb her hair then headed to the kitchen getting greeted by her mom saying “ Happy New Year darling”, “ You too” Alexis replied, “Got any resolutions this year?”. “Just one” Alexis replied happily.

The next day Alexis went to Lydia’s house to find her power source and shut her down, when she got  to Lydia's house she noticed that there was a step missing from the front porch and a mountain of garbage sitting by the front door with a swarm of flies around it.  as Alexis got to the door she remember that the doorbell didn't work so she counted 50 mississippi  as she was getting ready to walk away she saw the door open the tiniest bit and she said “ Mrs.Small?”, waiting for a reply but not getting one she said “ I’m… I was one of Lydia’s friends and she borrowed something of mine and I can to retrieve it”. Mrs.Small pointed to the hallway in the upstairs portion of the house, there were three doors and she entered the one with a Dead Kennedy poster on the door. Alexis walked in noticing that the room was much tidier than the rest of the house, she looked for something that might have been important to Lydia. After Alexis stood in the room looking Mrs.Small walked in like she was lost, she looked around the room like it was a whole new sight, “ what are you looking for?”Mrs.Small asked, “just a shirt” Alexis replied. Moments later Mrs.Small said “ she got rid of lots of stuff before she died”, “ It’s okay, I probably told her that she could lend it to someone or something”. Mrs.Small walked over a shelf against the wall and grabbed a piece of jewelry holding it above Alexis’s hand she said “ this was her favorite piece of jewelry, my mother gave it to her for her ninth birthday”, Alexis thought to herself he power source but how can I get it away from her?. “Can I take this and take a picture of it for the yearbook?”, “yes, but please promise me you’ll be careful” Mrs.Small said , “of course” but she lied. When Alexis got home she snuck a hammer from the toolbox in there garage and she headed to her room, when she entered she grabbed cardboard from a old shoe box and placed it on her desk, then searching in her bag for the necklace. There was a hole in the corner of the bag, she retraced her steps all the way back to Mrs.Smalls house with no luck, the only thing she could do was pray, pray that a car had hit it or the mailman stepped on it.

It had been four weeks since Alexis had last see Lydia, there was no yellow flowers, or annoying laughs, everything was normal. Jared and Alexis had been going to parties together for one month, so people were beginning to notice them. They went to another one at a girls house whose name was Ashleen, when they first got the her house Jared remembered that he forgot his phone in his car and went to get it, while Alexis was waiting Ashleen said “ boy you sure are lucky to have a boyfriend like him who actually cares about how your feeling and not just how you look”, “thanks”Alexis said in a confused way, “ do you know if he had any cute friend like him that are single?” Ashleen asked, “nope, sorry” Alexis said in a cheerful way. When Jared got back into the house they went to the dinning room where the jackets were going. Two hours later they got ready to leave, on the way home Jared said “I don’t want to go to as many parties anymore, you're nothing like the people there”, “why, I think there fine”Alexis replied. “I feel like there judging us...I feel like there judging you and your too good to be judged by them”, Alexis than thought to herself if he can notice that people are judging me and he doesn’t even know them I think there's something wrong with me. Jared dropped her off at home and she said good night to her parents and went to her room for bed but didn’t sleep right away, her eyes burned and she curled up in a ball as she thought about Jared had said, eventually she fell asleep and had a dream that felt like it was real. She was standing in front of her mirror in a fancy dress and was looking at herself then she suddenly she heard the buzz of a phone and turned away from the mirror and then she woke up. She was actually standing in front of the mirror but walked back to her bed and went under the covers again, she looked at her phone as it lit up, the screen read Jared: “can’t sleep, thinking about you”. Alexis picked up her phone and dialed his number so fast her fingers were almost intertwined, he picked up on the first ring and Alexis quicking said “Hi” in a soft quiet voice, “ Am I a booty call because if I am i’m not the kind of guy” Jared said. They talked for a while longer and then both started to doze off so they hug up.

Alexis seems like the kind of girl that wants to get involved with everything. When Kendra went missing she saw it on the news then went looking for her and she did the same when Ashleen went missing as well. She's attracted to supernatural event and there attracted to her because there in her photos, she can talk to them and it seems like they want to kill her because of the random meetups with then in fields or on walks. The one ghost she interacts with most is Lydia who Alexis thought hated her but turns out not she’s there to make sure Alexis is safe and happy, she helps Alexis when she’s trying to figure out information and where something is. You could almost call them friends. I don’t know how I can relate with my book because i’ve never seen a ghost but reading it made me feel like they are around, every time I get the chills and every time I’m alone, it kind of makes me feel like life is a horror movie because you never know what's going to come next.

In this chapter of the Alexis’s mother gets very worried when she got the phone call from Ashleen’s mother, Ashleen is a girl who had a party that Alexis and Jared when to. The next morning Alexis was woken up by her mother with the phone and Ashleen’s mother on the line she told Alexis she had possibly ran away and wondered if she new where she had gone. Alexis was confused and her mother was worried about Ashleen and her own daughters. This gave Alexis the idea that Lydia was the one who was causing all the disappearing girl. Alexis went to another Brighter path meeting and talked about more paranormal stuff but didn’t make it to obvious. From the beginning of the book to know i’d say she's picked up some pretty sneaky techniques for lying and getting out of stuff. In my point of view  this chapter was about learning and opening up about secrets and letting others help you. In my busy life having someone to talk to when you feeling distracted or feeling down is nice to have because you know you’re not alone.

This Chapter of the book was about how Alexis went out to look for Ashleen she was ready this time she had her GPS and also a piece of chalk to mark were she had been. She looked and looked and then found not the body but the ghost of Ashleen she took her camera and shoot three pictures then looked and saw the ghost. Then Lydia appeared Alexis asked where the body was but Lydia said she didn’t know. Then the laughter came back and a tree branch fell then everything was gone. In my opinion accusing someone of something only because they hate you is not right, its not even fair. the next couple days Alexis was getting visits from a ghost that would leave a yellow rose, just like what was left after in the house of Kendra and Ashleen when they went missing. One night Alexis woke up because it felt like something was poking her finger and it was a yellow rose, she woke up and looked in the mirror and she was wearing a purple dress, she tried and tried to take it off but it wouldn't budge. Soon after she saw a shadow then it disappeared.