Topic: The Lost Girls by: Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett and Amanda Pressner

The lost girls is a story about three ladies who took time away from reality to travel the world together. Throughout the book, Jennifer, also known as Jen, Holly, and Amanda will give their views and perspectives on each place they go. The book starts out by giving an overview of each person's life. They all live in new york city, with their boyfriends and husbands, some of them also have kids. They all have jobs as television talk show hosts and writers. I think this book is going to be full of adventures and I am looking forward to hearing more about the different places around the world. I hope one day I can be like these three ladies and travel around the world too.

Re: The Lost Girls by: Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett and Amanda Pressner

The first stop the girl’s went was Argentina. They spent ten days hiking and walking through the jungle parts of Argentina. The first area they explored was Iguazu. Iguazu was full of caves and rock walls. They climbed up the rocks to a waterfall, it was beautiful they claimed. After exploring that area they caught the bus and went back to their hotel. It was still light out and they had a few hours left till sunset, so they decided to go on another hike and to Devil’s throat waterfall. They hiked up a cliff and followed the signs to Garganta Del Diablo. I think hiking to these waterfall would be a lot of fun. The girl’s hiking adventures reminded me of when I went hiking in BC with my family and our friends, we saw lots of animals and also a few waterfalls.

After the trip to Argentina the girl’s returned to their home city of New York. There they continued with their lives of working and boyfriends. Jen and Holly are writers for a magazine company, while Amanda is an editor. All the girls work really hard to accomplish lots of things that they barely have time to see each other and even their boyfriends. Brian, Elan and Baker. They wanted to take a break from reality so they have started planning a 365 day trip around the world. This trip is going to be complicated because the girls don’t want to lose their jobs or boyfriends by being away for that long. They also need to save up lots of money and work a little harder to catch up before and after the trip. I think traveling around the world with some of my friends would be a lot of fun and I would want to do it sometime when I’m older. My aunt and uncle have traveled to lots of places and almost around the whole entire world, I want to experience that too.

The first place the ladies traveled to was Peru. They had a long flight there which took almost a whole day. When they arrived the airline had lost Holly’s baggage. Even though it had been a long and stressful day the girl’s still decided to go on a hike before their day came to an end. The girl’s hiked up a long flight of stairs that felt like would never end, but it eventually came to a stop. They arrived at Cusco, “the city of the sun” where they found the place they were staying at for the next few days. Jen compared themselves to Dorothy and ToTo from The Wizard of Oz because they felt as if they were discovering new forms of colours and light in Peru. As said on advertisements they decided to try out the Loki hostel also said to be known as the backpackers’ paradise. I think the start of the trip sounded pretty fun and I would have enjoyed it a lot. The start of this trip reminds me of the time when I went to Mexico, it was a long flight, hot and the airline had also lost my baggage.

Peru sounds like an amazing place to travel and that is one of the places I like to travel someday. Described as in my book, Peru has lots of large, cobblestone church’s, lots of whitewashed brick buildings, steep crumbling staircases. Although Peru has lots of cool buildings, the views of mountains, oceans, and jungle looking areas make it a great place to be. The girl’s not only got to see what Peru looked like they also got to see what type of culture they have what they like to celebrate. Each year a famous party is held called the “ Fallen Angel”, this party is full of cultural music and dancing, not only do you get to dance but in order to attend you must be dressed in “ las alas” which means wings, you have to have angel wings on in order to be let in. I have enjoyed learning more about Peru and I can’t wait till I can one day see it for myself. I am looking forward to learning more about other places also.

The adventure continued in Peru as Jen, Amanda and Holly took a hike on the Inca Trail. This was no ordinary hike, this one was special, a group of about 30 people spends a week hiking on the trail, looking at different sceneries, sleeping outdoors under the stars and seeing what it would be like to live like some poor foreigners. The group of 30 and a few leaders traveled for a week on the trail, stopping to for sleep and food every few hours. On this kind of trip, you didn’t have to carry lots of things, your group leaders also are known as “ porters” carried all the food, tents and supplies that would get everyone through the week, this stiff wight about 60-70 pounds. Every once in awhile the porters would offer you a Snickers bar to hold you over till dinner. After hiking for a few days they finally made it to their destination, Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu was a city, It had many different framed gates and stone walls that matched the angle of the summer and winter solstices. The city also contained beautiful staircases, and building sitting on a flat plateau framed by a cloud-covered mountain peak. It sounds like the ladies had a great time and what they did sound pretty cool, I wish I could someday go and do this hike for myself.