Topic: Day 6 of Advent: Next-Door Savior

Next-Door Savior. Join the discussion of the short video:

At Christmastime, we're preparing our hearts for Jesus, and it's important to think a little bit about our habits, isn't it? How exactly do we prepare, because preparation is needed in lots of aspects of our lives but especially in our habits—especially, maybe, in some of those habits that we often tend to overlook in our spiritual journey. Let's take a closer look at that.

https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent … oor-savior

FOCUS
Encountering Jesus will change your life. No doubt about it.

ACT
What would you change about your life if Jesus moved in next door?

PRAY
Come, Jesus. Be my neighbor. Be my friend. Move into my heart. I trust you to change my life.

Re: Day 6 of Advent: Next-Door Savior

Our lives change when our habits change.
It depends on what the thing I am trying to prepare for; I can prepare for things but sometimes I prepare for the wrong thing.
I'm not the best at preparing for quizzes or tests.
I'm good at preparing myself for curling games and occasionally other kinds of sports games.

Our lives change when our habits change, like if you have a bad habit then your life might go downhill. If God were to ever come to my house I would ask so many questions, I think we should ask ourselves what we would do. Usually, during Christmas, we prepare, like cooking, cleaning, wrapping presents or decorating with family and friends. We should always make sure to prepare ourselves for Jesus and God, to open our heart and mind for the birth of Jesus.

Are you good at preparing? Many people say that they are completely prepared for Christmas but they aren't. Sure they may have decorated the house and bought all their presents but they did not ready themselves for the most important part of Christmas. Jesus is the reason we celebrate the holiday so we need to spend more time focusing on preparing our heart and mind to accept his presence.

When we change our habits we change is accurate, we understand that when decide our habits can change it can change how we view life.  Are you good at preparing? I am usually prepared the way in advance especially for holidays and school work. I was ready for Christmas at the end of November but now that it is close to the time I feel overwhelmed for what is coming, excited for a break? Yes but I'm going to have to power through until it comes.

Day of Advent 6

Our lives change when our habits change, what if people change from a good habit to a good habit? The word of God that is moving next to you, and what if he comes over I would want to change stuff in my house would you? Are you good at preparing? I am pretty good at preparing I tend to help put the tree up and clean around the tree usually at Christmas, but not all the time. Be prepared when going somewhere whether it's a different place or around your country where they use a different language be prepared for anything to happen. Just keep in mind that you should double check when packing to go somewhere in case you forget something. People usually help and prepare for Christmas would you prepare for Christmas and help your family?

Our lives change when our habits change, in my eyes this is true. What you do affects how your life is lived. Sometimes we change our once good habits to bad ones or the exact opposite of that. Either way, our habits change, but during Christmas, we want to shape our habits some we can let God enter our hearts this Christmas season. Shaping our habits is one way we prepare for Christmas but sometimes we prepare for the wrong things and get lost. So this Christmas try and prepare for the things that matter instead of the things that don’t.

Our lives changer when our habits change.

Are you good at preparing?
I'm often preparing but I'm not always preparing. I'm often not preparing for the right things in life. I get ready for Christmas by wrapping, decorating the tree, but I'm not preparing for Jesus in my prays. I some time to remember the important thing in life that in really need to get done.

“ Our lives change, when our habits change”
Preparing takes time, sometimes you prepare for things that still might be a year away. I think my family and I are good at preparing when it comes to Christmas time I usually help prepare by wrapping all the presents. When we travel we preparing by packing lots of snacks, drinks, and clothes in case something happens or we decide to stay a few extra days. My family also prepares and plans for where we are going to be, whos all going to be there and what we are going to eat. I like to also help with the meal planning and picking out good food and also making it. I like to help bake the treats and also help prepare the meals.

Our lives change when our habits change. How do we prepare to break these habits? It takes a lot of self discipline and concentration in order to break a habit. Do you do it in moderation and make a schedule? Or do you quit cold turkey? Whatever the method, it's important that you find one that suits you and stick with it and see it through. Sometimes we need to break a certain habit in order to become closer with our family or with God. Maybe you crack your knuckles a lot and it really bothers your mother or sisters.

Our lives change when our habits change. Are you good at preparing? yes I'm good at preparing things for Christmas but I don't remember to prepare for god and I only remember other things like the tree and movies and fun stuff.

Our life changes when our habits change. Are you good at preparing? For me, I am good at preparing at Christmas as I prepare to decorate the trees with all different kind of lights and balls to it and put everything in the house as we shine the light into the darkness that we are struggling in our life. It is also important to prepare because we wanna show the love to our family and friends to prepare for the coming of Jesus as we spread the love and peacefulness to each other and to one of us.

Are you good at preparing? I am not very good at preparing. During Christmas time I am very busy usually and I often find myself putting off tasks for too long. I leave tasks until the last minute then stress about not having enough time to complete all these tasks to the best of my ability. To enhance my preparation skills, I need to give myself more time and not get worried about not getting them done.

At the begin of this video it says our lives change when our habits change. I think that this is true because when you change from a good habit to a bad habit you’re life could start going downhill very quickly and your life would not be changing in a good way. But when you change from a good habit to another good habit your life would change be changing in a great and healthy way. The question asked in this video was “Are you good at preparing?” The girl that talked about this and said that she is pretty prepared but usually for the wrong thing. When she said that on Christmas Eve she has all of her presents wrapped and the tree set up and everything but she forgets to prepare for what christmas is all about, Jesus, I really related to this part of the video.

Preparing is something that takes time and effort.  I enjoy preparing for Christmas by baking and decorating.  Sometimes I get wrapped up in the Christmas spirit I forget to prepare for God.  Christmas is about God and Jesus and I spend more time preparing for him.  It is really fun to wrap presents and sing Christmas songs but I will try harder to focus on celebrating God.  Remember, “Our lives change when our habits change”.

Am I preparing? Yes, I am doing all I can to prepare. I prepare by helping to clean the house and get the Christmas tree set up for my little cousins to come and play around and enjoy. Also, I help my mom by wrapping some of the gifts that we give to the little kids that come for Christmas.
Am I good at preparing? Most of the time, yes. It is just something I do, I think ahead of time and try to find what has to be done. I also find out all the outcomes of what I do will result in. I always try to prepare for the best to make my life and others better, It is just something I like to do.

Our lives change when our habits change. Depending on if it's a good or a bad habit the moment you change to do something different it will affect your whole life.  Am I good at preparing? I always for prepare for what is going on in my life. I prepare for tests and sports. During Christmas I also prepare by decorating, getting gifts, baking cookies, but am I preparing for what Christmas is truly about. Often times many people get caught up in the “hype” over all of the Christmas shopping and forget what Christmas is truly about. It is a time we need to open up our hearts and remember the miracle that happened on Christmas.

Our lives change when our habits change.
I'm often prepared, sometimes I prepared for the wrong thing sometimes.

Not always, because I forget a lot and I don't think straight and it drives my family crazy because I try really hard, I do but I seem to mess up and I don't seem to understand why since I try so hard but all I seem to do is mess up. If something that's really important needs to be done I sometimes forget and then I get into trouble, so this year I'm going to try and remember the important things because I want this year to be the year I'll never ever forget, because who knows when I'm going to have this kind of year again. I'm going to help out with whenever my grandparents need, if I have to wash dishes I will, if I have clean up everything I will, I don't want my grandmother to be hurting so much at Christmas, I hope this year will be better than last year.

"Our lives change when our habits change." I think that this is an important thing to think about. Obviously good habits provide a good lifestyle. That doesn't mean that they are always easy to obtain. It's always a constant struggle between trying to get good habits while getting out of bad habits. Preparation is an important part of life. Like good habits, they aren't easy to obtain. A bad habit that I have is procrastination. This especially affects my preparing skills. By the time I get around to preparing I only have a small window of time. This means I can miss something or even forget something crucial. Usually, when I procrastinate I don't get bitten by it. This means that I don't really have a fear about it. Therefore I don't try to get out of this bad habit. It only a matter of time before something happens before a change my ways.

Are you good at preparing? Lots of people think they are always prepared for Christmas when they really haven't prepared themselves for the most important part of Christmas, Jesus. They might think that because they have lights up, presents wrapped, food made, and arrangements made that they are ready for everything, but they might not have been ready for Jesus to enter. Jesus is the reason for the holidays but yet some people are not ready for him.

Our lives change when a habits change, for example, if you were a smoker and you decided to quit smoking your life would change. You would probably notice how much more money you would have and how hard it is to not smoke. I think I'm good at preparing, when we get close to Christmas I plan what I'm going to do, I plan what I’m going to bake and I plan when I’m going to wrap my present and who gets what. This year for presents I wrote names down and put each one in a bag and I am putting the gifts I get for the person in the bag. In my opinion, I’d say I’m pretty prepared.

After watching the 6th day of advent video, they were trying to ask us, are we really prepared for Christmas? I may think that my family and I are ready for Christmas by cooking and baking some delicious food, decorating inside the house, and wrapping some presents to give away to family relatives and friends. But there would be one thing that people, including myself, may sometimes be forgetting something important. Jesus, some people may not be ready for him to enter, and he is the main reason why we are celebrating Christmas every year, it is to celebrate his sacrifice to remove all our sins and for God to forgive us.

Yes, I am prepared for Christmas every year I pick the music and stuff like that is my family there's the men's area and then the girl's area and the kid's area so I have to make different playlists for every area.

24 (edited by lindsey.gorniak 2018-12-16 21:59:27)

Prepping can be difficult. Sometimes, people don't even know HOW to prep for whatever it is they need to prep for, whether it's a wedding, Christmas, Easter, etc... Sometimes, I even have a hard time prepping for events. But the point is to just try to be there, whether it's for your sibling's wedding, a relative's funeral, or etc. Yeah, going to an event like that, people expect you to be dressed, and I'm not saying that you shouldn't, but when you don't have much time to prep, it's better to be there than not! My point, there's ALWAYS that time in life that you're going to have to make a choice of either being there or not be there, and you're mostly going to want to never miss that opportunity, especially when it involves family! Normally, the only time one does not have time to prep for is when you're given very little notice, or you have to make a quick decision. If you're prepping Christmas dinner for, let's say, 20 people, you will prepare yourself by grocery shopping in advance. You will make your list to calculate everything you'll need. What you WON'T be prepped for is that an hour before everyone is to arrive, you get a couple of phone calls that 15 of the 20 people can't make it. Now you have food for 20 people and 15 of them won't be showing up. You can take the opportunity to now ask people who you NOW think will come, leaving those people less time to prep as well for them to come to your place for supper. One shortcoming can lead to other shortcomings for yourself or for others. And the same is true for the opposite! Here's another example of how of how prepping ahead of time is beneficial to you. When you're prepping for a camping trip. Making your list and checking it twice will let you know if you forgot the ICE! HAHA! See what I did there?!?! If you're planning trips like this, it's crucial to start in advance so that when the time comes, your trip is stress-free and pleasant. The only time you wouldn't need to make special plans is wen you're taming a drive out in the country.

Our lives change when our habits change. Good habit to an even better habit. I feel like I am more in the middle, where to as I am both good and bad. As the girl said from the video, sometimes I prepare for things but at the same time I also forget some things behind. It's like I attempt to prepare well enough but there is something always off.