Topic: Day 4 of Advent: See Jesus, See God

See Jesus, See God. Join the discussion of the short video:

We celebrate lots of different things in life, but at Christmas, we're preparing for Jesus—and that's the same thing as preparing for God. God is actually coming to us. Now that is something to celebrate. And the Gospel of John makes that very, very clear.

https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent … us-see-god

FOCUS
When you encounter Jesus, you find God.

ACT
Read one of the three Christmas stories from the Gospels this week (Matthew 1:1–2:23, Luke 1:1–2:40, or John 1:1–14).

PRAY
God, help me to seek you and know you through Jesus.

2 (edited by alexis.rehmann 2018-12-11 14:47:01)

Re: Day 4 of Advent: See Jesus, See God

What do I celebrate? In my family, we celebrate many holidays including birthdays, Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. I celebrate Christmas because it is the time that I celebrate relationships. My relationship with Jesus, and my family. It is a time to express your feelings for your family and tell them how much they mean to you. To make sure that your family members know that you love them. You can express this by doing a simple gesture, such as writing them a card which says thank you. It is celebrating the time God entered the world to be among us.
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”
John 12:45 “And he who sees me sees him who sent me”

What are things you celebrate?
The things I celebrate are Christmas, Birthdays, Easter, and Canada day. By celebrating these things help make the world a better place and continue traditions. I like celebrating these things because I get to celebrate and become closer to my family and friends.
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”
What do you celebrate at Christmas?
At Christmas, my family takes the time to be with each other, know that we have support from one another and that we love each other. We give gifts to each other, not because we want to because we love each other. By taking time and spending it with my family makes me feel happy and loved. At Christmas we also celebrate Jesus, we celebrate by going to church on Christmas eve and remembering that on Christmas morning he is the one that gave us the opportunity to wake up and be able to see family and celebrate these type of things

We celebrate a lot of things in life. What are some things you celebrate? Some of the things we celebrate are like Canada Day, Thanksgiving, and many more. Christmas is the time we prepare for Jesus and God. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jesus is completely divine. Jesus is the link between God and us. Jesus gives us the power to be the children of God. When we see Jesus, we see God. When we celebrate Christmas, it is also a time where God is also entering our world. Gifts we receive is filled with loves from our family. People mostly care about what theyŕe getting and not appreciate what they get. We all need to learn how to appreciate and love things that we receive from family.

What are the things we celebrate at Christmas? Christmas is in the part of the year where everything seems to be dark. During this time we need love now everyone is loved by someone but do they know that. Well, we need to do a better job of making sure that the people we love know we love them because at one point in everyone's life they will wonder am I loved? Even if its as simple as giving your parents a hug before they leave it will make them feel good and they will know you love them.

What are the things we celebrate in life? At Christmas, my family celebrates the time we have to spend with each other. My dad is often busy at work so this is a time we all have together. We get to tell and show others how much we appreciate and love them. Many families also get the opportunity to see relatives they do not get to see as often. This is something else my family celebrates because even though we do not see them much, we are thankful for all they do and can also show them how much we love them.

The things I celebrate is Christmas, Weddings, Birthdays, New Year, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, St. Patrick Days, Mothers and Father Day, Canada Day, Valentines, Remembrance Day, Anniversary. For Christmas, we are celebrating Jesus’s Birthday. God is entering the world that’s why we celebrate Christmas. God is LOVE.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have behind his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the Father.

John 12:45
And he who sees me sees him who sent me.

Parents biggest fear is that their teenager kids feel like they don't love them anymore.
I celebrate being with my family and friends at Christmas.

things we celebrate birthdays, Christmas, new years, remembrance day, Canada day. puts this in preparation Christmas has the most preparation. JOHN 1:1, in the beginning, was the word and the word was with God and the word. John 1:12, John 1:14, John 12:45 what do you celebrate at Christmas at Christmas I celebrate the to be with family and we give gifts of love. parents want their kids to know they love them it's a parent's greatest fear. All family's need and want to know that they are loved people that are loved can feel it for people that aren't loved you can tell because of they barely happy and for Christmas, everyone should know they are loved by there family no matter what

My family and I celebrate Birthdays, Halloween, Weddings, New Year, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Canada Day, Christmas, Anniversaries, St. Patricks Day, Valentines Day, Easter, etc...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
"And he who sees me sees him who sent me."
My family and I celebrate the Christmas dinner, the visiting, the songs, the presents, the Christmas tree, the light, the love.
I think when Christmas comes around that families need to show more love & appreciation towards each other and
to prove to one another that no matter what they will always love each other and that they will always be a family.

Things that we celebrate in our life is Birthday, Christmas, New Year, Graduation, Anniversary, Haloween, Easter, Father’s Day, Mother’s day, Wedding, and we can also include Remembrance day. John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”. If you see Jesus we see God. By honouring each other we celebrate the birthday of Jesus as we enjoy how important our families are and how we love each other as a truly family we can also say that Christmas is not only things we celebrate it is because to celebrate the birthday of our Jesus has he was happy that people still enjoy Christmas even though some of the people don’t celebrate Christmas.

John 12:14
And he who sees me sees him who sent me.

I celebrate Christmas, Easter, Thanks Giving, of course, my Birthday, and Canada. We require preparation in order to celebrate. Just like preparing Jesus. The passage is affirming that Jesus is man and God. John 1:14 tells us that Jesus is among us and therefore God is among us. Jesus is also the Word of God. Jesus is the link between us and God. We celebrate Christmas to celebrate God. God gives us love to give to the other people. The gifts that we exchange with each other is also the celebration of love. An important thing about people is that they need to be honoured and loved. Everyone needs love. It's important to verbalize love for each other. Celebration is important!

I celebrate Christmas, birthdays, weddings, New years, Easter Thanks Giving, St. Patricks day, Valentines, Mathers day, fathers day, Canada day Remembrance days, Halloween, Anniversary. For Christmas, we are celebrating Jesus birthday. God is entering the world, that's why we celebrate Christmas. God is LOVE.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the father.

John 12:45
And he who sees me him who sent me.

Parents biggest fear is that their kids when they turn into teens feel like they don't love them anymore.
I celebrate Christmas with my family. Out of town family comes in, we talk, we play the game, tell stories.

Christmas takes a lot of preparation, this is because it’s a big event.  In my family we have a big celebration.  Lots of people get together such as my grandma, grandpa, aunties, uncles, and cousins.  In a small home like my grandmas it gets very full, but not only full of people but full of love.  We all reunite and remember how important each one us are and how we affect each other's lives.  We take the time to talk with each other and cherish every moment.  Family is very important and is something we celebrate at Christmas.

14 (edited by Ashomachuk 2018-12-13 14:52:07)

Day of Advent 4

We celebrate lots of important things in life, Birthday, Christmas, Graduation, Weddings, Adenversery, New year, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Remembrance Day, St. Patricks day, Valentine's day, Mother/ Fathers day, Canada day, etc. God coming to us that's what we celebrate on Christmas. In the bible "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" from John 1:1. We become the children of God because of Jesus. The word becomes flesh and dwells upon us that's what connects us to God. In the bible John 12:45 "And he who sees me sees him who sent me". You see Jesus you see God. What is the gift that Jesus gives us that we don't give back, its love we do not always give it back. We give gifts and in those gifts is the relationship with our family. We honor our family. The worst fear of parents is the kids don't think they are loved, but we honor them love them and this fixes it all. We celebrate Christmas and we love our family we interact with them we get a big relationship with them even if it's different then like and I mean like because you can fight and still care and love each other. If one of your family members die then would you be sad, yes, of course, you would this means you have grown to love and care for them. Overall this 4th day made me realize that we are connected to God by Jesus

In the beginning, it talks about things that you celebrate, some things that I celebrate are Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, mothers and fathers day, family birthdays, and more. One of my favorite things to celebrate is family's birthdays, even the ones that have passed away, we usually just gather up all as a family for my close family's birthdays but sometimes on my grandpas and great grampas birthday, who have past, me and my mom will go over to the cemetery and visit their grave just so we can remember all the good memories we had with them. The man in this discusses how Jesus is both one hundred percent human and one hundred percent god, these 2 bible verses related to that: John 1:1 John 1:14. In this advent video, a man also talks about one of a parent's greatest fear which is worrying about if their kids know that they love them. In my house we make sure that we know that we are loved, me and my dad say I love you after almost every conversation we have and I’m just now realizing that that could be because he's worried that I might think he doesn't love me or he worries that I don't love him.

In my family, we celebrate birthdays, holidays, graduations, weddings, and anniversaries. When we celebrate these events we don’t always realize how much preparation goes into the actual events. During these celebrations, we are celebrating our relationship with God, we are showing him how much we love him. When we see Jesus we see God, Jesus is a window that shows us the face of God. Jesus is the link that connects us to God but not only that, Jesus is still human.

These celebrations are also based on our love for one another, take Christmas for example, why do we give people presents, to show that we care and love them. People don't say "I love you," enough but giving someone a present is one way they can try to express the way the feel.

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word,
and the word was with God,
and the Word was God.

When watching this video, it asked us a question about what things we would usually celebrate. The examples of events that we would celebrate in certain days would be Christmas, National Days (Canada Day, German Unity Day, etc.), Halloween, Thanksgiving, and especially remembrance day. There are so much more days even I cannot list all of them. But when talking about relationships with family, days that we would most likely celebrate would be Mother’s/Father’s Day, a relatives birthday or even yours, maybe even a wedding that includes your siblings.

We prepare for things that deserve attention and care. We prepare for the birth of a child and await its arrival. We then celebrate at its coming. These things are important and fuel memories. We await Christmas because it’s like awaiting Jesus’s birth. Then we celebrate on Christmas morning at his arrival. Just like how we give gifts to a newborn child because we want to express our love and appreciation. We also give gifts to each other to express our love towards one another. We celebrate the coming of other events such as Christmas, weddings, graduation, New year.

The point of John, is when you see Jesus, you see God. Jesus is the link between God and us. He became flesh to save us from sin. God is love, He loves so much that he sent his greatest gift,  Jesus. We celebrate Christ’s birth on Christmas, at the same time we also celebrate our relationship with our love ones too. Once in awhile we need to be reminded for our honor to others or that we are loved. Christmas is the best holiday, or time to remind us just that.

I celebrate a lot of things with family and friends like Easter, Halloween, Christmas, birthdays
and so many more fun events. My favourite Holidays are Christmas and Easter because we celebrate the birth of Jesus and celebrate God and our relationships with them.

In my family we celebrate many different things, we celebrate Anniversaries, Birthdays, Christmas twice because we have a Danish Christmas on Christmas Eve and regular Christmas on Christmas day, New years, Weddings, Easter, etc.
During the Christmas season, we get together with both sides of the family to realize and remember our relationship with each other and how special it really is.
John 1:1- "the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
John 1:12-" But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God

22 (edited by cruz bodurka 2018-12-14 14:51:10)

what do you celebrate?
There are so many different holidays but I only celebrate so many. 
Chrismas, easter, thanksgiving, mothers and fathers day, and birthdays.
That's what I celebrate

I believe that the reason why we all celebrate Christmas is because of Jesus coming to the world. The Bible teaches us that the original reason Jesus came to the earth was to forgive us for our sins. As we celebrate the coming the of the final and perfect lamb, we remember how God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son to forgive us, the world, for our sins. During Easter, we will do something similar. We will remember that He died on the Cross for us, to forgive us for our sins. But of course, Christmas is not Easter, so, therefore, we celebrate the birth of baby Jesus so that, in the future, He may die for us to forgive us of our sins.

What do you celebrate?
For me in my family, we celebrate lots of think. We celebrate Birthdays, Easter, Thanksgiving, New years, and Calaveras. My number one holiday that we celebrate is Christmas. That is because while we have the joy of having fun and open presents, we also get to spend time together as a family and other things together. It takes a lot of hard work and time to plan and prepare for these big events.

My family celebrates birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, valentines day, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick's day, etc.  We come together and prove to each other how much we care for one another. No matter what we will be there for each other. We are thankful for the hard work and stress that goes into planning these events. This makes these events truly special.