Topic: Day 8 of Advent: Preparing the Way

Today in the Gospel, we hear about John the Baptist. John the Baptist, he went out into the desert to prepare. We're preparing for Christmas. John the Baptist, he left everything behind, he went out into the desert to prepare for the mission that God was calling him to. And then when he came back, he announced to the people, “Prepare the way of the Lord.”

https://dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent … ng-the-way

FOCUS
We can learn a lot from John the Baptist. He teaches us that we need to go away from the world to prepare our hearts for Jesus. He teaches us that we need a great friend in our lives to help us realize when our priorities are out of order. And he teaches us how to be that great friend to others.

ACT
Choose one way today you can take a step back from the world to reflect on who you are and what you’re being called to do.

PRAY
Come, Holy Spirit, help me to imitate John the Baptist. Give me the courage to be the friend who can help others prepare for Jesus.

Re: Day 8 of Advent: Preparing the Way

Going into the desert in order to prepare for the coming of Jesus is something that is important to enter mentally into the season of Christmas.  We can do this is by going to confession. As members of the Catholic faith, we are obliged to go to confession once a year. Confession can be a great turning point for many people. Confessing your sins is something that is very hard to do. However, after it is all said and done I can guarantee that you'll feel amazing. It might just be taking off a huge weight on your shoulders or the comfort that you know the priest won’t tell anyone. It truly makes you feel free of those sins and a reminder that God will forgive.

When we are preparing for the Christmas season we need to begin to prepare by opening our hearts and showing that we are ready for the coming of Jesus. We all need friends, don't hard-hearted let others in and share your thoughts and feelings. to step back from the world we need to put down the technology and take the time to recognize and appreciate the world we live in, realize how amazing our family and friends are and how our relationships are so special. Jonh the Baptist was a man who went around preparing everyone for the coming of Jesus and making sure that everyone was preparing the right way.

Where do we go when we prepare in the desert. Well, John the Baptist spent time preparing for Jesus and he shared the coming of Jesus with everyone. We need to be more like John we need to not just keep it to ourselves but exclaim the good news of Jesus entering our lives. We also need to help others prepare for Jesus we need to be the John in others lives.

Where can we go to the desert, we can confess to God.
John the Baptist suggests that we prepare ourselves and open up to God.
Many people are hard-hearted because most humans are very scared that they will get hurt if they open up their hearts to others.
We need someone that will tell us when we've made a mistake.  Friends and family let us know when we've made a mistake.
We also need to be there and tell others when they have made a mistake.

Day of Advent 8

have you ever went out in the desert to prepare yourself, where do we go to the desert to prepare ourselves, a church we go to a church to prepare ourselves. Take a look at your heart its probably have gotten a little hard, keep relationships up with others don't protect your heart. When your a kid you would not care who you hug, but teens get hard-hearted maybe you don't want to be touched anymore, you may not like it now. Do you remember when someone sat down beside you and said what are you thinking, its because they care about you, that's what John the Baptist did to prepare others. How can you or we step back from the world what can you do to step back? Maybe you can give up your technology instead of ignoring your family and just text, or games you play. This can help us prepare our hearts for others to come and be in a nice relationship and not neglect them. John wasn't popular but he was a good person people liked him and he still almost got as bad as Jesus.

Jesus prepares us into a dessert to find and how we can be able to figure things out and getting out with the problem that came into our lives as we also prepare the love to each one of us as he is coming back. Hard-hearted is lacking in sympathetic understanding the lacking of unfeeling and the people who hurt you has it change the feeling of someone to the people who are hard-hearted. We also need to prepare as we decorate our house and fix everything and clean the things we to do and dress nice, but the most important things in our life are to prepare our heart and to be a powerful friend.

John the Baptist brought us closer to Jesus.
We need friends to help us from going on the wrong path or telling us what we're doing.
We should encourage people to let them have Jesus in their life.
John the Baptist was a great friend to everyone.
My pray is be that type of friend to your friends and all our people around us.

9 (edited by alexis.rehmann 2018-12-17 14:47:17)

We have to prepare for Christmas. Not just preparing ourselves, and our hearts, but we need to help others prepare. We need to be "Happy Campers" and spread Christmas cheer. When our own hearts are ready to welcome Jesus, we need to encourage others to open their hearts too. By showing hope, and love, we spread Christmas cheer. We need to be leaders and friends that help people realize what they need in their lives. Not by correcting them, but by supporting them. We have to demonstrate how to prepare for Jesus.
We can go into the desert, just as John the Baptist did. We can take time to reflect on ourselves and how we are preparing for Jesus.

Where do we go when we are in the desert alone to prepare, we can go to confession. John the Baptiste was the announcer telling people to prepare for God/Jesus get ready for him and welcome him in. Let God enter your heart, open your heart and mind.
Open your heart for friends and when you do so you can help others open up to God/Jesus.
We need someone to tell us when we made mistakes, friends to remind us of what we should be doing or what we shouldn't do.
Preparing ourselves for Jesus, preparing our heart and mind and also cleaning up, getting ready. Step back from technology and spend time with family and friends so that we can welcome in Jesus. We should try to be more like John the Baptiste, trying to make our friends and family better people helping them prepare for Jesus.

11 (edited by madison.shimko 2018-12-17 14:45:39)

When I think of going off into the desert I think of sitting somewhere with my eyes closed and if possible quiet and reflect on things an take a moment to calm down. This allows me to think about relationships and  I come back and everything feels back in order, and I feel like my priorities go back in order. In order to open my heart, I should reflect on the good things people have done for me throughout the year. We need to be the person who gives people advice, same as other people should do that for me.  A big part of Christmas break is stepping back from the world and take a break to reflect on real life, it's like a break from responsibilities, work, stress, and real life. We can come back and see what needs to be changed in our lives. I hope to do this during the break.

Is there someone who helps you question what you are doing sometimes? For me, this person is my dad. He always makes sure I'm on the right path and if he notices I'm doing something wrong he will step up without hesitation and tell me what I'm doing wrong. My mom always tells me when I'm doing something good or if I have to do something, but she doesn't often tell me when I am doing something wrong or ask why I do some things.

John the Baptist went out in the desert to prepare. Where do you go to prepare? Where can you go to prepare? He was calling out to people saying that the “Messiah” was coming. We all need friends. Our hearts get a little hard which means, that we protect our hearts, and we are afraid to open our hearts to people, not sharing with anyone. Advent is the turning point in our life. We all need people who look out for us. We are called to prepare the way of the Lord. What can we learn from John the Baptist? How can we step back from the world? We could step back from technology so that we can connect to our families. We all need that friend who sticks their neck out for us each and every now and then.

How can we be like John the Baptist and step back from the world?
We can learn to be less hard-hearted, more open and think about things that don’t involve us being the ones hurt. We can think about the good times in life and not the rough parts. We can step back and just take time to think of how we could and can help others, we can see people differently and reflect on who they are today. We can step back from the world by stepping away from technology and seeing what the real world has to offer and not what’s inside the video games, tv shows or what’s on social media. I can do this by taking time during Christmas to stay away from technology and just focus on being with my family and the stuff around me.

When preparing for Christmas we need to try and take the time to let God enter our hearts and become the center of our decisions, he will let us enjoy the simpler things, the things we have forgotten about because He has been gone from us so long because of all the material things we see this time of year. He will remind us to stay on the right path and show us that the path we chose will be the right one. Just as we forget about the simpler things we also forget about John the Baptist, he is a person we usually we don't think about during Christmas, but John was one of those people who will help you like Jesus did, trying to steer you on the right path. John left society and came back with God in his heart influencing him in the right way, making him be the human model of God for a time. We all need to be as John the Baptist was we need to help people as he did, help someone in need and show them you care.

let God be the one that you tell your choices to make sure it is ok to do that when people be mean to you do not be mad for the rest of your life because you will run into people like that. My mom and dad look out for me and correct me if I am wrong we need to step back from our devices and actually connect to our family take time out of your day to talk to friends or family that you don't usually talk to

Stepping back can hard for some people but it pays off in the end.  It’s important to take the time to reflect on who we are and who we want to be.  For some people stepping back could include taking a break from technology so they have the time to talk to our friends and family.  Help them to be the best person they can be by helping them make decisions that won’t negatively affect them or the people around them.  Also, take time off your day to pray and relax.  This will strengthen your relationship with God and help you to get sorted out.

As we prepare a way for the Lord, we actually prepare a way for Him into our hearts. As we do this, we remind ourselves that we have to accept Him into our hearts if we "prepare the way". As John the Baptist says this, we appreciate what John is about to/going to do for us as we are baptized in the name of the Lord. That's what we've basically been talking about throughout the first week of Advent, is to REMEMBER! REMEMBER how God gave His only begotten Son, REMEMBER how Jesus died on the Cross for us, REMEMBER what God has done for us in general! Always remember!

Where do we go when we prepare in the desert? John the Baptist spent time preparing for Jesus and spread the word of Jesus. John had also tried to have people do things differently so the too would be ready for Jesus, but as you could imagine, people didn't too much like someone telling them they were wrong. We too need to be like John and help people prepare for Jesus by asking what they are doing and help them do it right.

After watching the 8th day of advent, the possible summary of this video would be about preparing for Christmas, and who can be there to question about you are doing. Where can we prepare for Christmas? For me, I could go to church to help me prepare for Christmas, also, we should always avoid being a hard-hearted person, for example, when you were a kid in your childhood, you would hug anyone you see and greet them with a simple “Hi.” But as we age into teens, we get hard-hearted and start to “protect” our hearts against people. We should always keep relationships with others and stay happy with the people close to us today.

One of the most important things to do, if not the most important. Is the Christmas season and the coming Jesus. We all can do this by first going to confession. It is a great way of getting rid of all the weight off your shoulders and feels nice after knowing that you are forgiven for all that you don’t feel proud of. Another why is opening your hearts to Jesus and welcoming him into your hearts so he will be able to be with you and guild you.

John the Baptist brought us closer to Jesus.
We need friends to help us from going on the wrong path or telling us what we're doing. We should encourage others to let have Jesus. John the Baptist is a great friend to have.

The desert in my life, I believe is the trials that I encounter everyday. It shows, that thru thick and thin, God is there for me to break through. Making God my priority and center of my life, and for it to revolve around Him, is big. You have to set aside things that you really love for Him, the above all. This is just right, because it's definitely no match for the things he do for us in return. Like John the baptist, we have to be the one who goes around and tells everybody not to be Hard hearted. To prepare them and ourselves, to see Jesus.