Topic: Not If I Save You First By: Ally Carter

Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter is about a girl named Maddie and a Boy named Logan. So at the starting of the book, it talks about Maddie thought she and  Logan would be friends forever. But when your dad is a Secret Service agent and your best friend is the President’s son. But her dad was dragging Maddie to a cabin in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness and into a totally different life.

Re: Not If I Save You First By: Ally Carter

This Chapter was Six years ago. Logan wrote Maddie a letter. The letter said, Dear Maddie, There’s a party at my house tomorrow night. Mom said I can invite a friend if I want to. So do you want to come? Yes, No, and Maybe with boxes beside them to check which one. Maddie’s real name is Madeleine Rose Manchester but everyone calls her Maddie. Logan never a had a fun party. They are rarely meant pizza and bounce houses and ice cream. Logan said that dad was home. Maddie couldn’t be sure we talking about Logan’s father or hers. But there was no denying that the two dads came into the house, the place went a little less crazy. The energy that always surrounds Logan’s father. Some of the people stopped, some people stared. But there are some groups of people who seemed to be constantly swirling and swarming around Logan’s father. It was like a bee caught inside a very tiny tornado.

This Chapter is about Madeleine Rose Manchester desks. She wrote a letter to Logan. It’s like a email but it’s written on paper and sent through the mail. It said, I should of use it to write to you since my dad says we have to leave. He’s doesn’t ever talk about why we have to leave. But we’re going just the same. Maybe it’s because ever since he got out of the hospital our phone keep ringing. I don’t think he likes being celebrity. The last thing Madeleine said was “ but please do write back.”  Your ( best) Friend, Maddie.

Maddie wrote Logan a letter said that she’s been there for six months already and she couldn’t believe it. She said it feels like I just got here and her old life was just a dream. Maddie said to her dad that she has been an excellent experience, but she said she was ready to go back to her old life.

Maddie wrote Logan a letter saying. I haven’t been eaten by a bear yet. That’s the good news. But I think a bear might have eaten your letters. That's bad. From Maddie. Maddie didn’t turn the light one. Maybe because days were always short in the winter, even though she knew the solar panels would still get some sun and the wind never would stop blowing.

6 (edited by mackenzie.davis 2019-01-07 14:34:18)

In this Chapter, Maddie felt sorry for Logan if she hadn’t lost her own best friend. She made herself stay in the shelter of the trees, listening. Watching for something. Logan was more mad than afraid.  Maddie never has seen Logan look like that before. Logan ran his sleeve over his mouth. Logan said that he should be savoring this, committing the feel of the food and water to memory. Logan might not be able to taste either one again for a very long time. He learned a long time ago that there was nothing you could give a man with a gun to make him happy. The man with guns is satisfied when they took them.  The man stepped in front of Logan. With every step, Logan took the echoing pule that had been beating inside of his head for hours the sound was getting louder and louder.

In Chapter 11, Maddie always writes a letter to Logan. The letter said Dear Logan, I’m very sorry to hear that you are in a coma. Or maybe you have amnesia. Or you lost the use of writing hand is learning to write with your other hand, which we both know would be saying something since even with your good hand your penmanship is atrocious. Or, wait, maybe the White House is out of paper. Oh my gosh! Is the White House out of paper! You’d think that would be in the newspapers that my dad brings, but could I see where it might be a national security risk. No wonder the press is keeping it hush-hush. Don’t worry. Your secret's safe with me. Who am I going to tell? Logan is wearing a red coat. There’s a reason the redcoat was pretty much doomed during the American Revolution. He stood out like a beacon among the huge trees.

In Chapter 12, Maddie wrote Logan a letter again. Dear Logan, It's been two years. Seven hundred and thirty days since I sent my first letter. I’m not going to lie to myself anymore. You probably think you’re too important to bother writing back. I guess you lied, too, when you said we’d be friends forever. I’ve learned a lot since I moved to Alaska, but the most important thing is this: Any friend who doesn’t write back isn't your friend at all. So goodbye from Alaska, where I am the most important person for twenty miles in any direction. (I’m the only person for twenty miles in any direction.) Logan thought he couldn’t get any wetter or any colder, but he’s been wrong. So very, very wrong. Like the kind of wrong, he was when he bet Maddie he could eat all the ice cream in the White House deep freeze and then found out they were preparing for a state dinner and had a hundred gallons. Logan never wanted to feel that way again, but he was so cold, and sick. Logan’s feet hurt and his head hurt and all the energy bar had turned to acid in his stomach. He might have thought Stefan had poisoned him. Logan had known for certain that Stefan bosses were going to need him alive.

Chapter 13, Dear Logan, Okay, so I lied. I’m writing you another letter because turns out, you’re the only person I can really talk to. Even if you don’t talk back. Maybe BECAUSE you don't talk back. If you were here, you’d tell me that I do all the talking anyway. Then I’d point out that you saying otherwise totally negates your own point. And then we’d go and get ice cream. So I’m gonna keep writing letters. I’m just never going to send them ever again. Logan never realized how much he had missed her. Maddie turned around to look at Stefan, who had his gun out and pointing it at her, but it didn’t seem to faze her. She just kept talking.  Stefan moves towards her and Logan jolted. He wanted to put himself between that gun and Maddie.  He wanted to put himself between Maddie and that dude. Logan sounded disappointed, but then he turned to Maddie, pulled back his hand, and hit her across the face. Her head snapped and Logan actually heard the blow. He’s lunged for her, but halted, uncertain, as Maddie stumbled but she managed to stay on her feet.

Dear Logan, I really miss you. And I’m mad at you. But not as mad as I am at myself for continuing to write you these letters.  Logan was looking at this map and the bridge and the man seemed a million miles away. It seemed like it had happened last year. It was another lifetime. Everything had changed since waking up in Logan’s arms. Logan must have felt it too.