Topic: Between by: Jessica Warman

I just started the book Between and in the first few pages, it tells about the protagonist, Elizabeth, and how it was her birthday. For her birthday she was having a party with some friends on her families boat. She wakes up in the middle of the night and hears something banging on the side of the boat. She goes to see what it is and she realizes it is her body. She does not realize she is dead until a dead boy, Alex, comes and finds her. This part of the story I did not like. Everything happened so fast and it did not provide much details about what happened, how it happened, or the backstory of the characters. Hopefully in the next chapters it tells more about what happens.

Re: Between by: Jessica Warman

This book got me thinking about what it would be like to be dead. Would you know you died? Many people probably wonder about questions similar to this one. Unfortunately, we will never know the answer until we die.

One thing I already do not like about this book is the author's lack of description. Many things such as the characters, setting, and backstory of the characters go undescribed and it leaves many questions. I wish the author would describe these things better so people reading it could know the characters better. It would have made the first part of the book overall better.

Elizabeth's parents find out their daughter died from drowning. If I was a parent and this happened to my kid I would be beyond sad and mad. I would be very mad because, in the situation in the book, someone drowned her. It wasn't because she was drunk or anything but because someone decided to do this to her.

In earlier parts of the book to author did not describe anything as much as she should have but now she does a good job describing the characters. She describes all Elizabeth's friends with much more detail than the previous characters. Even though it is a good thing she did this, she still should have described the other main characters better because they play a much larger role in the story.

Elizabeth's friends find her body in the water and don't know what to do. If this happened to me and I found one of my friends died in the water I would be very scared because that means someone must have done that to her. I would be worried that it could happen to me but most of all I would be devastated that someone would do this to another person.

The author still does not describe the main characters with enough details. You do not know enough about the characters to be able to understand all the concepts of the story. For example, the author talks about Elizabeth's past life but since she is so minimally described it is hard to imagine what type of person she would be in these situations. The whole story would be much easier to understand and comprehend if they were better described.

In this book, Elizabeth died from being drowned. When her parents find out about the situation they do not do much to try to figure out what happened or who did it. This part I do not like because, either her parents didn't care enough to find out, or the author was too lazy to write this part of the story.