Topic: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

This book is about a boy named Jacob who was told many stories about his Grandfather. His Grandfather was a refugee and went to Europe who was then put in a children's home. This home was protected by a bird and kept all the kids safe from monsters. It was run by a young lady that goes by the name Miss Peregrine. Jacobs grandfather told him many stories about monsters the had encountered and how they fought them off. This book is kind of a horror story and also a fairy tale like story. This book sounds really interesting and I am excited to read it and find out more.

Re: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs

The story starts out when one afternoon Jacob was at school. He got a call from his grandfather who had been freaking out and saying that monsters were coming to get him and that he could not find the key to his gun safe that was kept in the garage. Jacobs father had taken the key because he thought it was too dangerous for him to have control over guns. Jacobs grandfather had been around the age of 80, he still lived alone in a house but was starting to get a little more stressed and thoughts of back to when he was a child. Jacob had called his father and informed him of the situation. His father told him to get over there and see what the problem was. Jacob hopped in the car with his friend Ricky and they drove up there together.

3 (edited by kenna.dewing 2019-03-18 10:05:33)

Around the time when they found his house, they knocked on the door but there was no answer. They continued knocking hoping someone would soon answer. There was no answer. Jacob ran around the house until to search for any windows or other open doors. He finally noticed the back patio door had been open and went inside. He found nothing, no sign of his grandfather. Panicking Jake then heard the sound of dogs barking, But it was different and didn't really sound like a normal dog. Running outside he found his grandfather lying in the wood like bushes. He went closer trying to be brave/ He tried to roll his grandfather over and heard him whisper " go to the island " Jake was confused and didn't understand but before he could say anything else he looked and there lay his grandfather, Dead. I would be really scared and worried if I found one of my family members or friends dead. I hope this never happens to me.

Jake was really upset and all he didn't was cry. Ricky came over and waited with the two until someone came for help. It was starting to get dark and cold and jake noticed something sticking up from underwater in a nearby bog. The creature had multiple eyes and lots of tentacles. Jake and Ricky both scared ran away back to Ricky's car and drove away. Police arrived at the scene and started asking questions. They did not believe Jake when he explained the creature but the creature had looked exactly like one in a picture his grandfather had shown him. I would get so frustrated if someone didn't believe what I saw. This has happened to me before when some doesn't believe me and it is not a good feeling.

The time of the funeral had come and all family members and friends had gathered around to say their final goodbyes. After the funeral had concluded jakes parents put him in counseling and started to clean out his grandfather's house. His grandfather was a hoarder and had kept lots of stuff. Jake had been helping and went into his grandfather's room to find a letter and a cigarette box full of pictures. The letter had been addressed to someone named Emerson and Miss Peregrine. The pictures were someone the pictures he had shown to jake before. Jake had remembered the stories and his grandfather telling him to go to the island. He couldn't understand where to go and who this letter was for so he spends weeks and hours at the library trying to figure out who this person was. We found reading one a poet named Emerson and also a place on an island called Miss Peregrines home for peculiar children. He then asked if his family could take a trip there but didn't tell them what he wanted to do there.