Topic: Overtime by David Skuy

I started reading my new book and it is way better than the one I was reading before. It is called overtime and it is based on hockey. The group of friends are trying to raise money to save their school from shutting down forcing them to all separate and go to other schools. They presented two ideas to the student council that was almost rejected. They now have to try to make the ideas work.

Re: Overtime by David Skuy

In my book, the main character finally convinced the student council to accept the skate-athon and they gave them two buses to rent as long as the main characters paid the ice fee and the ice deposit. All of the characters Charlie, Julie, Pudge, and the others put in their own money that they saved for special stuff to buy into the two-hundred and fifty dollars deposit. They are hoping that the skate-athon is a success or else they could be losing a lot of money. They also have to try to get along with each other on the co-ed hockey team or else they won't be able to win. There is a lot of stress on the characters. I am now over halfway through the book. As I was reading the book it gave me some ideas on what kind of fundraisers that our school could maybe try.

In my book, Charlie and his friends are all getting heated with each other so it's going to be hard for them to play hockey together.
The girls think that the boys are acting like they are better than them and are embarrassed about playing co-ed hockey. The skate-athon is also going to be a bust because it is pouring rain out so no one is going to come. The two buses that they booked, only one is half full and the other one was canceled. I have planned events before and I know the stress that they are feeling because nobody showed up. I really like this book and when I finish I am going to read the other three books in the series. When I first got this book I didn't know that it was the last book in the series so I will be reading the next ones in reverse.

The kids are all now in the hospital after the accident and most of them are in casts. Charlie and Julia risked their own lives saving the bus drivers life. Charlie visits his friends in the room and finds out a bunch of them won't be able to play the co-ed tournament so the team is gonna be limited. Towards the end of what I read a news reporter walks into the room and tells Charlie that she has been looking for him everywhere and she is excited to interview him. I am excited to finish up this book but before I read the rest of the series I might finish reading Gretzkys Tears the book I started this weekend.

Lots of people have read the article about Charlie and his friends and this has helped boost the fundraisers. For example, the pancake breakfast sold out in 45 minutes and almost every parent at Terrence High donated some money. The new skate-athon was packed and raised a bunch of money. Charlie was happy because he got new skates since his were wrecked on the bus along with everyone else's. He mentioned in the book that his were a bit tight anyway. The girls that still could play got Charlie to join the co-ed team again so that they could win the money and save Terrence High School. He agreed and they got dalton to become the new manager. Their former coach has major injuries so they are going coachless.

In the dressing room before their first game of the co-ed tournament, it is dead silent. Charlie decides that they can't win a hockey game with this kind of team chemistry so he does something that will get everyone's attention. He tells the girls that he and his friends were sorry and they wanted to apologize for thinking they were better than the girls. The whole team including the girls start apologizing for things they did throughout the book. They built some team chemistry which was important for them to win the game.