Topic: Rated -Melissa Grey

I recently started reading a new book Rated by Melissa Grey. It started in a school at the school called Maplethorpe Academy. This is an interesting place to go to school because it is determined by a Rating System. Your rating in the system is your value in society if your number is high your worth a lot but if your rating is pummting you need to work hard to improve yourself. The main character is Bex she is introduced to us as a top rating getter unlike her best friend Melody.she is more like a not caring much about stuff she has a low rating but she doesn't care much. On the back of the book, it mentions that there are 6 main characters Bex, Noah, Haha, Hamish, Chase, and Javi. so far only Bex has been introduced but more will be introduced soon. My first impression of Bex is that she tries too hard to be the best she should let loose and have a little fun right now she has a rating of (92) so she is one of the top students at Maplethorpe.

2 (edited by reyne.hoare 2019-10-30 12:41:56)

Re: Rated -Melissa Grey

There are many characters in Rated like I told you before there are 6 main characters last time they had been following Bex but this time they were following a few other people. The way Melissa Grey wrote this book is super good because it is interesting she wrote it so each chapter follows a certain person. The chapter title is always the character's name followed by their current rating. They introduced Noah, Tamsin, and Hana.Noahis an invisible kid who enjoys taking pictures. Tamsin is an outcast she has a busnesiss at school wear she reads tarot cards for cash.Hana is a figure skater that is very consered about her weight.I like Tamsin the best out of all the people soo far because she is funny to read about she was scamming people by chargeing 60 bucks for a tarot card reading.

3 (edited by reyne.hoare 2019-10-30 13:02:54)

So far I'm enjoying Rated they still have two more characters to introduce named Chase and Javi. Earlier I had a suspicion the mentioned them remember the invisible kid Noah. Noah was outside taking pictures of the graffiti that had been sprayed on the door he met a kid who smiled  and winked  at him, I think that kid was Javi. I also encountered Chases presence he bumped into Bex in the hallway going to start of school presentation. Nothing to server has happened with the rating system yet accept for a dock of one point to Bex at the presentation. She was pretty upset about this because she is very rating orrientated.

Melissa Grey, the author of this Novel has written a trilogy called The Girl at Midnight.She works as a freelance writer in New York city.Rated is a 320 page book that from the 60 pages that ive read so far seems like im going to enjoy the rest. In chapter 5 labeled Chase rating 56 Chase a star baseball player is conflicted he is from a poor family and on scholarship at maplethorpe.He has gotten a warning letter about his grades because you are required to have a 55 or higher rating in order to participate in sporting endeavours.Chase has chosen to keep the letter secret from his parents, which is a bad idea.He is packing up his stuff to go home and slams his locker which makes a letter from a mystery person fall out, he chooses to read it later due to the fact his friends are waiting for him.

So to recap in the last five chapters we met 5 of the six main characters and some of them are pretty cool.Bex Johnson is a high rated school she has one of the best ratings in school with 92.Noah Rainer with a rating of 65 is a lower rated student but he thinks nobody noticed him and passion for photography.Tamin Moore has a rating of 37 and close to expulsion she has a business reading tarot cards.Hana Sakamoto rating 78 is a figure skater obsessed with weight and what she eats which is next to nothing.Last but not leastChase Donovan a baseball star athlete that is hiding his ruth tha he's lower thannessary to participant in school sports.the only person who is still a mystery is Javi Lucero all i know is his rating is 83.