Topic: What is Podcasting? Can it be used on windows

What is podcasting? I have iTunes on my windows XP, can i get podcasting from school on Mac computers and put them on my XP?

Re: What is Podcasting? Can it be used on windows

Yes, all you need to do is transfer the files from one computer to the other.

gnoster,

If you can make an mp3 recording, you can podcast(audio is easiest). Macs record right "out of the box". All Macs in the lab are good to go. Not sure what bits you'll need to plug n pray for Windohs. The Windohs lab is definitely incapable at present(no recording hardware/software).

Edit the mp3 recording(we'll use Quicktime, Garageband, and iMovie to polish it). Upload it to a web server(we'll use your upload folder with your blog account at stjschool). Publish a link to it through iTunes(easy as copy and paste). Done.

Advanced users can even embed podcasts into their blogs. Bandwidth and quotas will really limit what you can host on stjschool, though. Likely never more than about five minutes, total. (I figue about 1 MB per minute). A flashplayer styled in your theme's css can look very professional, though.

But, for newbies, we'll upload mp3s to a common "pod-blog" so I can keep the small quota limits on each of your user accounts. That way 30 one minute student podcasts can all be linked in one half hour show, with the same url in iTunes. A simple plan, . . . now on with the show.

What will we 'cast about anyway? Writing your script is a prerequisite.

Could I make an audio podcast, where the script is all about explaining what I did to make the podcast?

bradbardoel wrote:

Could I make an audio podcast, where the script is all about explaining what I did to make the podcast?

No STJ blogger has done a "How To" audio podcast. Post a link to your result here.